[TC] Gaming Forums
More Incentive to Tow? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: More Incentive to Tow? (/showthread.php?tid=1219)

More Incentive to Tow? - E28 - 2011-12-22 22:54

Earlier, I was having a blast, cruising, when I crash, and end up on my roof. 'Big deal' I hear you say, just type '!calltow'. However, there were no tow players online. So, I had to beg for some random guy to put me back on my wheels. So, my idea is that for every successful tow you make, you are rewarded with a small amount of money. Thi could be implemented through a '!towcomplete [TOW]name' which would automatically reward the tower with a small sum of money.

This would be an incentive to get out and start towing people, so that there are more towers on the server. What do you think?

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Josh - 2011-12-22 22:58

May work.

To prevent abuse, perhaps you could type !towcomplete <username> (username of towed car) and then they can type !towcomplete to confirm. However this is open to abuse. You and a friend could repeatedly type this with one another to gain money and then share the money amongst yourselves.

You can request payment from someone before you start towing, and if you both agree on a payment before you successfully flip them, they must pay you. You can always ask for a 'donation' and in most cases you will be lucky.

Josh.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Pete - 2011-12-22 22:59

It could be easily abused.

Say 1 person keeps typing !calltow and his buddy keeps typing !towcomplete to earn money.

The idea of towing is that you can ask people for money but they do not have to send it to you if they don't want. Some do though.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Lewis - 2011-12-22 23:00

I dont think the insim will be able to know if a car is on its wheels so i think this would be easily abused due to people continuously spamming "!towcomplete"

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - E28 - 2011-12-22 23:07

(2011-12-22 22:58)Josh Wrote:  May work.

To prevent abuse, perhaps you could type !towcomplete <username> (username of towed car) and then they can type !towcomplete to confirm. However this is open to abuse. You and a friend could repeatedly type this with one another to gain money and then share the money amongst yourselves.

You can request payment from someone before you start towing, and if you both agree on a payment before you successfully flip them, they must pay you. You can always ask for a 'donation' and in most cases you will be lucky.

Josh.

True, that is one problem.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - James - 2011-12-23 00:00

If you dont see a TOW online, ask one of the regulars to flip you. More often than not they would help you. Wink

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Crazy - 2011-12-23 00:29

Why can't we just charge a standard fee for towing? Like 100 euros or something? No abuse there, it comes out of the person's own bank.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - GKA - 2011-12-23 00:33

Erm, can't it just be possible to have it work like the screens cops and robbers get?

After someone does !calltow and a tow responds(with whichever command that was), the insim can detect when the tow is near the car who needs help, and pop up a display where they can choose to tow for free/donations only, 50 euros, or 100 euros. Prices can be changed depending on other inputs. Then a "XXX will tow you for 50 euros. Do you agree?" will show up on the other users screen, just like what happens when they would get a ticket. If user agrees, insim will say in main chat, just like the tickets, but the money doesn't transfer over yet. The tow has to first successfully flip the other car. Once the tow flips the guy, they type "!towcomplete" to get the money.

In order to make sure the tow actually flips the guy, and not just drive up, request money, then drive off, the !towcomplete can't be used within one or two minutes of a price being agreed upon, and the tow must remain within a set radius around the car at all times, else the entire thing is canceled. Can still be abused, but this cuts down on it, and besides the flipped user can refuse service if he feels the tow can't do a suitable job(if he attempts at all).

Probably more complicated an idea that needs be, but eh, no harm to throwing it out there Tongue

EDIT: Crazy pretty much summed up my entire idea XD

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Josh - 2011-12-23 00:42

You can still just type !calltow and !towcomplete to gain money without actually being flipped. I like the idea of that sort of system, but I don't think it would be easy to stem out abuse.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Kyllone - 2011-12-23 07:44

Well, if you say to somebody that you will reward him with 100€, they usually help. What I do, is usually if I have more than 30kms. i'll give some money to ppl who help me. tho now when the reset comes, that can be hard to do...

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - Tommer - 2011-12-23 08:19

Subtracting money out of ones user account and placing in another would result in a workaround that cannot be abused.

However this devoids the point. Your suggestion is 'more incentive to tow' , but actually this means that the users have less incentive to calltow because suddenly they have to pay for what someone else would do out of good will.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - E28 - 2011-12-23 09:35

(2011-12-23 08:19)Tommer Wrote:  Subtracting money out of ones user account and placing in another would result in a workaround that cannot be abused.

However this devoids the point. Your suggestion is 'more incentive to tow' , but actually this means that the users have less incentive to calltow because suddenly they have to pay for what someone else would do out of good will.

True, but if you're sat upside down in the middle of the track, you'll either eventually be idle kicked, or it'd cost you €500 to pit, meaning that you do save money still.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - BP - 2011-12-23 09:40

(2011-12-23 09:35)Ryan Wrote:  
(2011-12-23 08:19)Tommer Wrote:  Subtracting money out of ones user account and placing in another would result in a workaround that cannot be abused.

True, but if you're sat upside down in the middle of the track, you'll either eventually be idle kicked, or it'd cost you €500 to pit, meaning that you do save money still.

This is true, but after 5 minutes you can pit free anyway, and there's little chance you'd have to wait those full five minutes anyway, because there's not much chance that you'd crash as soon as you get out of the safe zone... unless you're a really bad driver like me.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - James - 2011-12-23 15:57

Well, if youre in the middle of the road due to minimal fault of your own and someone collides with you at over 100mph, its their fault for not checking the minimap and them driving carelessly.

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - BP - 2011-12-23 18:24

(2011-12-23 15:57)PeePee Wrote:  Well, if youre in the middle of the road due to minimal fault of your own and someone collides with you at over 100mph, its their fault for not checking the minimap and them driving carelessly.

I might be missing something, but I don't get what this has to do with anything?

RE: More Incentive to Tow? - James - 2011-12-23 20:17

(2011-12-23 09:35)Ryan Wrote: