[TC] Gaming Forums
wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney (/showthread.php?tid=12208)

wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Barney - 2014-05-16 19:58

Hi,

i think this is not good. a lot of players dont know, forget or simply get PITed into during chase. and it is a huge advantage for cops.
especially as cops not in chase can block it too and as a suspect aproaching you dont see sirens enter ther roundabout and suddenly have a cop blocking the entrance... chase over.

has this even been discussed within tc? or was that just a bad mood from chuck getting hit too often? Tongue
iirc he mentioned somthing like "got hit too often by wrongsiders" and implemented it last time sidney was on...

looking forward to hearing some opinions

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Edwin - 2014-05-16 19:59

Tbh, I think that is a good thing. Literally every suspect uses that route round the roundabout and it causes to much crashes.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Barney - 2014-05-16 20:05

no doubt 'bout that, but same apllies for many other crosssings and in that spot this is the worst solution and done in the heat of the moment imho...

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - FR4NOx - 2014-05-16 20:38

The spectate thing is a good idea in theory, but when you don't know about it being there, it's an incredible annoyance. I just lost a chase a minute ago because my suspect would frequently perform a u-turn at that roundabout, and so I figured I would block the road there to try and strategically stop him.

Also, this can easily be abused. Any cop can make a suspect go the wrong way there. This certainly isn't a solution to a minor problem/common annoyance.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Dino - 2014-05-18 20:40

Well, it's quite easy to bust a suspect with this forcespec thing.
One cop blocks the roundabout - and the other cop just drives behind the suspect. Done.

Of course wrongsiding at the roundabout causes lots of accidents, but to be fair, there are lots of other parts on the maps where it's dangerous too - and no forcespec thing is there.

For example at Castle hill, there's one blind turn where suspects wrongside a lot - probably without checking the map.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Johan. - 2014-05-20 14:13

This whole auto spec escalated. Wasn't it "JUST" meant for the Autobahn on Kyoto anyway? Sure, people driving 180kph+ and then being hit head-on by someone else doing the same speed aint fun.

Wasn't it supposed to stay as 'realistic as possible' with Cops and Robbers? Sure, autospec on the autobahn is fine. Nobody is supposed to wrong side there anyway. Roundabouts, who cares. If there's no traffic then why not? Sure, people don't look, but forcing them to spectator mode - wich in most cases automaticly ends a chase aswell (as thats usually the only time people wrong side on Sydney's roundabout). Can be easily abused aswell.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Chuck - 2014-05-20 14:24

Thing is, people considered it a legal and faster alternative to travel through the roundabout towards High Street. Which it simply isn't. The zone is just the answer to continuous wrong behaviour of too many.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Warped - 2014-05-20 14:32

It's good as it is; nobody wouldn't want to get crashed by speeders from highway to the roundabout where people drive 3kph.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Dan - 2014-05-20 14:49

I think the idea of it is great. It hasn't personally affected me, but I think we should have been informed that it had been implemented, rather than it just suddenly appearing.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Johan. - 2014-05-20 14:50

(2014-05-20 14:24)Chuck Wrote:  Thing is, people considered it a legal and faster alternative to travel through the roundabout towards High Street. Which it simply isn't. The zone is just the answer to continuous wrong behaviour of too many.

Then edit the roundabout in a way people cannot quickly wrongside anymore. Just like on Kyoto.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Pipa - 2014-05-20 14:57

I like the current layout and am against changing a layout to adress problems.

Going wrong way at that roundabout will most of the time cause havoc and the rules epplicitly say that you are expected to drive on the right side. So getting spectated is a small punishment, which works quite well in this instance.

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Barney - 2014-11-02 12:50

aaaaaand another trip lost and chase ended due to forcespec at pit entrance...
i understand that some would wrongway excessively without those points, but to me its just random and annoying as i mostly really only wrongway when map is clear.
cba to start a discussion again as it prolly wont lead to anything anyway, but can we atleast get a map where the forcespecpoints are please?

maybe included in theese pics: http://www.city-driving.co.uk/maps/

cheers

RE: wrongway forcespec at roundabout in sidney - Warped - 2014-11-02 13:03

Yes, updating the layout maps would be beneficial. Good suggestion.