[TC] Gaming Forums
Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) (/showthread.php?tid=12307)

Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Orange™ - 2014-05-26 10:24

Hi, many people i've spoke to share the same view as me. When you're in pits either waiting there or refueling etc, you join a chase, it goes pass you on the highway then all of a sudden you're in chase mode. I think that should be changed. Half the time you lose chase because of the speed limits etc within pits.

Thanks.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Luke - 2014-05-26 10:30

I think this may have been brought up before. I completely agree with what you have said here, although, it's not too hard to drive out of pits and then join Tongue

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Warped - 2014-05-26 10:32

A very big +1, has happened a few times.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Orange™ - 2014-05-26 10:32

(2014-05-26 10:30)LuckyLuke Wrote:  I think this may have been brought up before. I completely agree with what you have said here, although, it's not too hard to drive out of pits and then join Tongue

Problem is South City is such a small track where it takes only seconds before you lose because you're still in pits.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Luke - 2014-05-26 10:55

That is true, And I do believe South city has more leeway advantages for cops than the other tracks for example, normally if you take a shortcut you will now loose a chase on anyother track. South city, you can take advantage if the suspect is on Castle Hill by going through the passage way and rejoining with the suspect (If another cop is already with the suspect).

I don't see why your suggestion would cause any problems and it is practical.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Chuck - 2014-05-26 10:59

I'd rather like to see cops leaving the pits *before* joining chases.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Warped - 2014-05-26 11:21

(2014-05-26 10:59)Chuck Wrote:  I'd rather like to see cops leaving the pits *before* joining chases.

That's not always possible, as sometimes, for example, one pits on Safezone 2 and quickly joins the chase one's friends are in. As the consequence of this the chase passes from High st. to highway leaving the cop speechless and depressed.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Barney - 2014-05-26 12:13

but why join quickly? either friends wait with backupcall, or someone else joins who is closer and can actually asist instead of beeing far away.
i generally dont join in pits, due to risk of speeding->forcespec->lost

and chuck, why dont actually do it? guess that istn too hard, as !laser doesnt work in safezone, shouldnt be hard to implement !join not working in sz?
of course i actually dont know how hard, but just a guess Smile(

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Warped - 2014-05-26 12:31

Your suggestion, Barney, sounds impractical: a situation where a suspect is at a Safezone waiting the cop outside the Safezone. The cop has a bad moment; if the cop moved to the Safezone, the suspect would have time to escape the cop in question. The most practical thing to do in this situation would be calling for possible backup from the Safezone (if there are any), which would evict the suspect from the Safezone.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Barney - 2014-05-26 12:46

i admit that idea was rather spontaneous and i didnt think about it, but it wouldnt be a problem for the backup to shortly leave sz, join and reenter. even in SO it wouldnt take too long to drive to the roundabout, hw and joining right befor entering sz, as cop 1 outside is not in a hurry.

or backup exits pit, joins and roadblocks sz exit, cop 1 can drive throuhg sz.

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Mikee - 2014-05-26 13:59

Like Chuck said, You're in the pits to do a service, so your car is clearly not ready if you haven't left the pits. Just join when you know you can provide backup ASAP...

RE: Safe Zone 1 (pits) South City (Chase Mode) - Josh - 2014-05-26 15:08

I would be against blocking !join from working in a SafeZone. It's useful when you are in the pits and someone calls for !backup when a chase is in or entering the pitlane.

As above I don't see why you can't just wait until you're out of the pitlane or until the chase has passed you before you !join.