[TC] Gaming Forums
[GUIDE] Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Tutorials & Guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Thread: [GUIDE] Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide (/showthread.php?tid=12335)

[GUIDE] Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Blacktop - 2014-05-27 21:31

Roundabouts. So simple, yet so complicated.

So you're flat-out around the track, trying to save ~0.1s off your current times, and you're presented with this. This circular abomination that we call a roundabout.

What do you do? How do navigate this maze of cars waiting, then driving, then waiting again? Well, let me tell you!

[Image: Roundabout.gif]

Yes, this is a roundabout. No, stop crying, it's not that difficult to comprehend!

Seeing as here at [TC], we drive on the right, here's a guide as to how to navigate said roundabout!

1. Give way to traffic ON YOUR LEFT, and also traffic on the roundabout. be patient!

2. If turning right, move over to the right, and indicate right. Give way to any traffic, and move off.

3. If going straight-ahead, or the second exit, move over to the right once again, but do not indicate right. Give way to any traffic, and move on to the roundabout. Indicate right only after you have passed the entry to the first exit.

4. If turning left, or any subsequent turn after exit 2, move to the left, and indicate left. Give way to any traffic, and move on to the roundabout. After passing the exit before the exit you wish to take, indicate to your right, and complete the manuever.

Here's a little GIF so you can see these points in action.

[Image: UK_Roundabout_8_Cars_flipped.gif]

NOTE:
  • Don't stop when you're already on the roundabout! You may think you're being polite, but you're actually obstructing traffic flow.

That's all there is to roundabouts! I hope you all find this guide helpful, and also that it'll improve traffic flow around these bottlenecks!

See you on the road,
~Blacktop.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Ash - 2014-05-27 21:42

Excellent guide!

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Dan - 2014-05-27 21:43

Nice little guide!

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Marty - 2014-05-27 21:44

I always thought those Truck Aprons were curbstones to stabilize the car into the next corner!
Thx for the guide! Wink Smile

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Connor - 2014-05-27 22:02

Well let's hope people obey these regulations with regards to the roundabout in Kyoto this weekend! Wink

I highly doubt it but let's give it a shot eh? Tongue

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Yukine - 2014-05-27 22:03

Nice guide Blacky. Tongue
I'm used to slam my brakes & honk to guys who forgot/don't give to a peanut to yield.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Blacktop - 2014-05-27 22:42

I feel like a driving instructor, with the guide... Tongue hope it helps, anyway, and thanks for the feedback, guys Smile

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Yukine - 2014-05-27 22:52

Your next mission is to make a "How to merge" guide.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Chuck - 2014-05-28 06:01

IMO, the guide make it more complicated that it actually is. Especially the graphics.
If I say "traffic circling the roundabout has priority", everything is said IMO.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Stephen - 2014-05-28 06:08

This guide is correct only for those who drive on the right (incorrect)side of the road, if I tried taking roundabouts with those directions I would have caused 19,572 accidents by now.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Chuck - 2014-05-28 06:15

Btw, indicating when entering is forbidden in Germany Wink If you ever get into that situation.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Jimmy - 2014-05-28 06:23

We need to indicate in Sweden when we are going out from roundabout

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Stephen - 2014-05-28 07:06

We do too, I just think its dangerous and unnecessary. Go left and indicate left, go right and indicate right and nothing if you're going straight. Common sense really.

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Warped - 2014-05-28 11:24

Nice guide for newbie drivers! Smile

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - BP - 2014-05-28 11:56

We have a dedicated guides forum for stuff like this, so I'll move it there. Smile

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Toni - 2014-05-28 12:17

(2014-05-27 22:03)Bruno_G Wrote:  Nice guide Blacky. Tongue
I'm used to slam my brakes & honk to guys who forgot/don't give to a peanut to yield.

Lol i myself honk and give a middle finger to my screen lol.
(no joke, i really do that sometimes)

RE: Roundabouts: A 'How To' Guide - Blacktop - 2014-05-28 14:06

(2014-05-28 11:56)BoyPower Wrote:  We have a dedicated guides forum for stuff like this, so I'll move it there. Smile

Thanks BP, I only remembered this forum section after I posted the guide. Thanks for moving it into a more appropriate area Smile