[TC] Gaming Forums
3 tyres - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: 3 tyres (/showthread.php?tid=12536)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 3 tyres - Audiojack - 2014-06-05 22:33

(2014-06-05 21:43)Lewis Wrote:  I'm pretty sure there is not enough objects on KYOTO because they need at least 14 objects for roadblocks and I'm pretty sure they only have 8 spare!

I was thinking that as well.

And as has been implied many times, if you want to drift on the TC servers, you need to accommodate your own habits. There are plenty of good areas for drifting and donuting especially on Kyoto.

RE: 3 tyres - Pinkz - 2014-06-05 23:07

you could take away a ramp?

and realy what are the negativs of this

RE: 3 tyres - BP - 2014-06-05 23:11

I would have no objections to having a few harmless tyre stacks in SZ2, but as long as there are no problems to do with the amount of objects.

RE: 3 tyres - Pinkz - 2014-06-05 23:31

Well I check and its only 14objects left

So that's enof

To put 3 tyres stacks

RE: 3 tyres - BP - 2014-06-05 23:32

(2014-06-05 23:31)try drifter Wrote:  Well I check and its only 14objects left

Remember !roadblocks require a certain amount of objects too.

RE: 3 tyres - Pinkz - 2014-06-05 23:33

Yes I know is it 8 object one road block?

RE: 3 tyres - BP - 2014-06-05 23:34

There can be more than roadblock on the server a time, I forget its limit though.

RE: 3 tyres - Pinkz - 2014-06-05 23:36

So is it possible to put these tyrestacks up?

RE: 3 tyres - Warped - 2014-06-06 05:06

(2014-06-05 23:36)try drifter Wrote:  So is it possible to put these tyrestacks up?

Roadblock which police put on the roads requires 7 tyrestacks. Two roadblocks require 14 objects. According to your words, that would mean unfortunately your suggestion couldn't go through if they both were placed simultaneously.

Also, agreed with Pipa, it's just a suggestion one individual wanted to share with this community, there shouldn't be these kind of replies. I somehow understand the frustration of people, but the suggestion was fairly good; three simple tyrestacks placed in a Safe zone 2 where people do stunts etc. would certainly make less harm than these ramps which are already there.

RE: 3 tyres - Edwin - 2014-06-06 05:13

This idea will change the whole complex of the server. I'm sure everyone likes the drift which can mean that excessive amount of people in safe zone 2 which can be a disadvantage to cops as they can't fine them in the safe zone. This could lead to less chases which being a cops and robber server is bad.

RE: 3 tyres - BP - 2014-06-06 08:15

(2014-06-06 05:13)Edwin Wrote:  This idea will change the whole complex of the server. I'm sure everyone likes the drift which can mean that excessive amount of people in safe zone 2 which can be a disadvantage to cops as they can't fine them in the safe zone. This could lead to less chases which being a cops and robber server is bad.

I wouldn't go that far, I think you are overestimating the power of a few tyre stacks. Remember there are (I think, still) a few ramps in the SafeZone, and that generally doesn't cause too much of a problem.

RE: 3 tyres - Sandal - 2014-06-06 08:16

(2014-06-06 05:13)Edwin Wrote:  This idea will change the whole complex of the server. I'm sure everyone likes the drift which can mean that excessive amount of people in safe zone 2 which can be a disadvantage to cops as they can't fine them in the safe zone. This could lead to less chases which being a cops and robber server is bad.

+1

RE: 3 tyres - Pinkz - 2014-06-06 09:31

Yes.roadblocks.I don't see them used very often.And those ramps I think are more dangerous than three tyre stacks

RE: 3 tyres - Dan - 2014-06-06 10:17

You're right in that roadblocks aren't utilised a lot which is a shame, but I don't think they should be taken away completely (or only allowing half roadblocks to spawn up due to lack of objects) because someone else wants to have some fun drifting.

RE: 3 tyres - Ras - 2014-06-06 11:02

Actually the tyre stack roadblocks are fairly often used. Obviously there needs to be enough objects for two of these. If there were objects for it, i wouldn't have a problem with the idea. After all, drifting is a part of the robber's behavior that cause chases.

RE: 3 tyres - Connor - 2014-06-06 11:37

(2014-06-06 11:02)Ras Wrote:  After all, drifting is a part of the robber's behavior that cause chases.

But the thing is, this won't add to the enjoyment of being able to get chases because it would be in the safezone and you can't get chased for it.

And then what if gets clogged up by loads of drifters?

RE: 3 tyres - Sadie - 2014-06-06 11:41

This is a cruise server, not a drift server.

RE: 3 tyres - Warped - 2014-06-06 11:51

(2014-06-06 11:37)Connor Wrote:  And then what if gets clogged up by loads of drifters?

Nothing is predictable if nothing is done, the same happened once with the ramp near the southern entrance to the Safezone 2. Users were interfering with chases a lot and driving wrong way back to the Safezone while messing around the ramp. This was reported, and shortly the ramp changed direction so it was impossible to do these manoeuvres.

If this suggestion went through - which seems difficult because of lack of objects - and some negative incidents happened with these tyres, it would easily be fixed.

RE: 3 tyres - Ras - 2014-06-06 12:31

(2014-06-06 11:37)Connor Wrote:  
(2014-06-06 11:02)Ras Wrote:  After all, drifting is a part of the robber's behavior that cause chases.

But the thing is, this won't add to the enjoyment of being able to get chases because it would be in the safezone and you can't get chased for it.

And then what if gets clogged up by loads of drifters?
It's not any different from having ramps where people do illegal things, they can't get chased for?

I really don't see a problem with it. It may even encourage drifters to stay away from the roundabout, because they've got something to "play" with. And it most likely won't get any more clogged than it is now with the ramps.

My point with the sentence you quoted is that we may as well welcome drifters and encourage them to join our servers, because drifters are also found in real "city driving" where they can get chased by police. I really don't see why they necessarily have to find a drift server when it isn't competition drifting.

(2014-06-06 11:41)Sade Wrote:  This is a cruise server, not a drift server.
It's not a cruise server either, as well as it's not a stunt server (there are stuntzones). It's technically a cops and robbers server. But how about we don't hang so much onto specific type of server, as long as we don't move far off the purpose of it?

RE: 3 tyres - Pinkz - 2014-06-06 13:12

Yea ... the only problem is that there isitnt that many objects to spare

maybe on a nother track,blackwood?