[TC] Gaming Forums
New Textures for LFS - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: New Textures for LFS (/showthread.php?tid=12599)

New Textures for LFS - Delko - 2014-06-08 14:23

Hello!

Im kinda bored of the looks of LFS (the scenery on tracks etc) so i was wondering if i install some textures, will that drop my FPS or will it keep it a stable level?

And one more thing (not sure if this is the right place to ask for it)
Is it possbile to make a script for this wheel and button on the DFGT to change songs on Spotify, mediaplayer etc? since its kinda annoying having to push Fn then either end or Pg dn on the keyboard of my laptop while im driving since then i either have to stop or steer with my chin (lol)
[Image: 30k3ry0.png]

RE: New Textures for LFS - Stunna - 2014-06-08 14:33

(2014-06-08 14:23)Delko Wrote:  Hello!

will that drop my FPS or will it keep it a stable

Depends how good your GPU is.

RE: New Textures for LFS - Delko - 2014-06-08 17:07

(2014-06-08 14:33)Stunna Wrote:  
(2014-06-08 14:23)Delko Wrote:  Hello!

will that drop my FPS or will it keep it a stable

Depends how good your GPU is.
Well i dont have a lot of experience with computers etc, all i know that that my Pc has 2 GB dedicated memory trough Intel graphics 4000 and GeForce GT 730M

RE: New Textures for LFS - Pete - 2014-06-08 17:11

If you use HD textures then it will almost certainly have an effect on the performance of your game, especially with the graphics hardware you've mentioned.

There are plenty of decent texture packs floating around on the forum. The best thing to do is to try them. Back up your old textures and try some other packs to see if you like them and how much of an affect they have on your PC's performance.

RE: New Textures for LFS - Delko - 2014-06-08 17:37

(2014-06-08 17:11)Pete Wrote:  If you use HD textures then it will almost certainly have an effect on the performance of your game, especially with the graphics hardware you've mentioned.

There are plenty of decent texture packs floating around on the forum. The best thing to do is to try them. Back up your old textures and try some other packs to see if you like them and how much of an affect they have on your PC's performance.

Ok, ill do that then Tongue thanks for the help Biggrin