[TC] Gaming Forums
- Report - davidpiaggio1 (Archived by Lampshade) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Users Reporting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+----- Forum: User Reports - Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+----- Thread: - Report - davidpiaggio1 (Archived by Lampshade) (/showthread.php?tid=1260)

- Report - davidpiaggio1 (Archived by Lampshade) - Roba - 2011-12-26 13:08

My username: XSANITYX

Their Username: davidpiaggio1
Their Nickname: DPF•David [COP]

Replay: http://www.mediafire.com/?ffa6q76prfa1b6e

Timestamps:

~ 1:02:42 - Chase start
~ 1:03:47 - He reverses into my side and my rear, PITting me. After that, he PITs me right way, before the Failing to stop comes.
~ 1:04:00 - He still PITs me before Failing to stop.

Later he was told by admin ([TC] Cal) that Force may not be used before suspect fails to stop. Still, he keeps saying that it is allowed, so please tell him it isn't -.-'

Reason for report: Using force before failed to stop, disagreeing admin with it.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - David - 2011-12-26 13:22

I started the chase yes.. And what i can see you are awere that you are being chases and not stopping. Then you pull over and then taking of again, And for me that is failed to stop.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - Roba - 2011-12-26 13:24

http://city-driving.co.uk/rules

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - David - 2011-12-26 13:28

I will let a TC look at it.

Cause you stopped then taking of. And what im awhere of thats a fail to stop.

Report - davidpiaggio1 - Pete - 2011-12-26 13:29

This report is being looked into. Please be patient.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - Roba - 2011-12-26 13:31

Quote:5.3. Contact
Make sure the suspect knows he is being pursued before making any physical contact

5.4. Force
Force may only be used if the suspect failed to stop. Do not ram the suspect. Use calculated nudges, block the car or try a P.I.T. manoeuvre.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - Pete - 2011-12-26 15:18

Technically, you knew you were being chased and had failed to stop even before the "failed to stop" message.

I'll get some more opinions on this.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - Roba - 2011-12-26 15:47

When you see the difference between rules 5.3 and 5.4, I think it's pretty clear. Same thing was on some other report earlier, as I know.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - Josh - 2011-12-26 18:30

I'll post what I posted in members, to give you my opinion on the matter to see if that helps you out at all. (not an official answer to your question(s).

Josh Wrote:When he is initially !chased (H2 parking area), he hits a "[RDSR] ›RTD‹ - RUN POLICE ›››" bind, he then pulls over (Simons Way). This easily fills out the criteria for Rule 5.3

Rule 5.3 Wrote:5.3. Contact
Make sure the suspect knows he is being pursued before making any physical contact

He then drives off (not having paid any fine from the look of it) and the chase continues. This is enough to constitute failing to stop, Rule 5.4.

Rule 5.4 Wrote:5.4. Force
Force may only be used if the suspect failed to stop. Do not ram the suspect. Use calculated nudges, block the car or try a P.I.T. manoeuvre.

At no point was any of the force used illegal, so that isn't a problem either. He clearly knew he was being chased (his 'run police' bind, and the fact he pulled over show this). The fact he drove off means he is then failing to stop, and as far as I am aware, you don't need to wait for the "Fail to Stop" message before you can actually be classed as failing to stop and force can be issued.

Josh.

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - David - 2011-12-28 16:40

Hows it going lamp?

RE: Report - davidpiaggio1 - Pete - 2011-12-29 13:56

In my opinion, as soon as the suspect knows they've failed to stop, force should be allowed.

There is a contradiction in the rules at the moment that will need to be sorted. Rule 5.4 will probably be modified to avoid the confusion.

I agree with what Josh said on this one, no action will be taken.

- Report - davidpiaggio1 (Archived by Lampshade) - Pete - 2011-12-29 13:56

No action has been taken for reasons described.

Thank you for your report.

It has now been moved to the archives.