[TC] Gaming Forums
LFS throws to Windows desktop - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: LFS throws to Windows desktop (/showthread.php?tid=13189)

LFS throws to Windows desktop - WyX - 2014-07-17 05:53

I have fighted with this problem from the beginning when I started LFS again after a break. (About a month). I didn't uninstalled or reinstalled my LFS within that break what I got.

So, sometimes LFS throws me to the Windows desktop and the game is still going on in the backround at the same time. It happens 2-10 times on evenings and I have no idea why it's happening.

I have tried to shut down i.e. Steam and other programs which sometimes popups new windows. Nothing helps. It's really annoying, especially when you're after chase or chasing someone. I have now lost about 5 chases because game decide to give some advantage and shows me my windows desktop when driving with full speed. And of course, almost always that has end up to my crash. Luckily, I haven't yet crashed to another user - only barriers etc. And if I had full throttle when this happens - full throttle stays as long as it takes to me come back to game.

Also, I have tried to play in a windowed mode. No help. In windowed mode steering just goes off and I need to react as fast as I can with mouse and click the screen. Yes, that's little bit faster way to avoid crashes but still not funny at all.

Does anyone have/had the same problem? Or have you fixed it? How?

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate, 64-bit.

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - Carl - 2014-07-17 06:32

I tried my best to find something useful to you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303032

Try some of these methods and let me know if the issue is resolved.

Good luck on fixing it.

Few more details you might want to add:

Are you running LFS on high settings?

Are you using any user created texture packs?

PC specs?

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - WyX - 2014-07-17 07:21

That microsoft support is for issues when game shuts down or tilts (doesn't answer). In my case game doesn't shut down, it just keep running in the taskbar. And if I click the icon in taskbar game just continues as normal.

I run LFS with highest possible settings and I don't use any texture packs.

PC Specs:
Athlon II X4 640/AM3 3.00GHz
Xigmatek 500W power
GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM
Club3d Radeon 4850 OC edition 1gb

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - Edwin - 2014-07-17 08:28

Do you drive with mouse?

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - Warped - 2014-07-17 08:46

This is just a problem with programmes taking priority over LFS.exe. Common problem would be with programmes which update themselves such as Antivirus, Windows Update etc.

Try using a programme called ">Always On Top<", it is said to be forcing a selected window to stay on top of other windows. Interesting, however I haven't tested it thus cannot guarantee its functionality.

Edit: I tested the aforementioned programme, and seems like I started to have problems with TC Lights police programme. I cannot turn on either sirens or strobe. I'm not entirely certain did the aforementioned programme cause this, but if you want to use TC Lights, I don't recommend to use this.

Edit #2: I ran TC Lights as an administrator, and the problem was solved. Good luck with it.

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - WyX - 2014-07-17 09:31

Edwin, I drive with gamepad.

Warped, I have thinked same things that some program takes priority over LFS.exe. I try to block all popups from AntiVirus, Updates etc. Hope that works.

If you tried that program you mentioned and TC Lights didn't work, then I don't even try that.

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - KaraK - 2014-07-17 09:32

(2014-07-17 09:31)WyX Wrote:  If you tried that program you mentioned and TC Lights didn't work, then I don't even try that.

Read his full post.

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - Frozen - 2014-07-17 09:40

(2014-07-17 08:46)Warped Wrote:  Edit #2: I ran TC Lights as an administrator, and the problem was solved. Good luck with it.

This

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - Barney - 2014-07-17 09:46

read the times karak. 6min difference so he might havent seen edit#2 Tongue
instead of tryin a workaround i'd rather search for the problem itself.
look in the taskmanager how many tasks are running? what tasks are running?
disable them one by one. disable useless services.
might even be tc lights the problem? does it happen only in chase? only when lights are running?

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - KaraK - 2014-07-17 11:25

(2014-07-17 09:46)Barney Wrote:  read the times karak. 6min difference so he might havent seen edit#2 Tongue

Yeah I saw that but I figured he could've read it since it's a 6 minute difference Tongue

RE: LFS throws to Windows desktop - WyX - 2014-07-17 14:58

Sorry, I didn't saw that edit#2. I was writing and doing other things at same time so my "writing session" propably were over 10 minutes. =) I will try that one by running TC Lights as an administrator.

And like Barney said it might be better to try to find the problem itself. I'm going to look tasks etc. and shut down the useless ones. Also I'm going to do a pure cleaning - uninstalling all useless programs, run different antivirus and cleaning programs etc.

TC Lights isn't the reason, I had same problem before ever used TC Lights.