[TC] Gaming Forums
Starting a chase - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Starting a chase (/showthread.php?tid=13235)

Starting a chase - WyX - 2014-07-21 07:54

Hey, I don't know if there is already discussion about this but at least I can't find it, so...

I have thinked about a case when you're driving as a cop. Let's think about a situation when you're as a cop in somewhere still and lasering other drivers. Then suddenly someone comes and drives really fast, like over 200kmh. What do you do? - Press first !laser -button and then !chase -button, right ?

Okay. Now the suspect realize immediately that he/she needs to stop or try to getaway. He/she decides to keep going with full speed and police starts a chase with speed 0 kmh. Well, the distance between suspect and police will be a quite huge from the start and police may lost suspect easily.

So now what I've thinked;
In my opinion it should be allowed just to do !laser and go after suspect without using !chase at start. Of course police should use sirens and lights but now the suspect can't know for sure if the police is after him and maybe doesn't continue driving with full speed. There is also a possibility that suspect didn't even saw or notice police. Things like that may happen in real life too - you won't get a notification to your screen (window) immediately if cop is after you - you need to see or hear the police behind you. So, now the cop may have easier possibility to get a sight to the suspect and then press the !chase button. And now the suspect knows that the police is after him and suspect can decide either stop or try to getaway.

All in all, when driving over speedlimits and you pass a cop - cop can decide to use !chase button at start or to try reach suspect first before using !chase.

RE: Starting a chase - Edwin - 2014-07-21 08:04

Not a bad idea but AFAIK you can do that anyway. You have a 1 minute leeway before the laser goes away (excluding when you start chase).

RE: Starting a chase - Connor - 2014-07-21 08:06

I don't see the point in this, it would be your choice to try and catch up to the suspect, but of course too much speeding and that would be against the rules.

When you do !chase, the !stop bind automatically shows up on the suspect's screen so it's pretty obvious when they're being chased, it's their problem and their fault if they can't see that they're being chased. If they choose to ignore the !stop bind, so be it, you'll have to be quick enough to catch up to them, and it'd be your fault primarily for trying to catch up to them.

Really, the best thing to do is click on the arrow of the person that you are about to !laser on the minimap and if he/she is speeding, get a bit of a head-start and start accelerating a little.

I'd stick to the !laser then immediately pressing the !chase bind and trying to catch up to them, it's really not that hard to catch up to them.

RE: Starting a chase - WyX - 2014-07-21 08:37

I didn't know the minimap thing. Smile But, as far as suspect has the same car than a cop it might be little bit hard.

As you know there is lot of fast cars, FZ5, XFR etc. and if they're passing you over 200 km/h they will get a massive lead. I have noticed that most of cops don't even try to chase people with same car in this kind of cases. I.e. some cop were patrolling in Highway with FZ5 and I passed him over 200 km/h with FZ5. Cop didn't react for me, but couple secs later FXO came and cop was immediately after him. Well, of course cop had opportunity for a choice in that case but usually they won't even get a try.

And in other example some cop once made a decision to come after me when I passed him with full speed. Well, I continued driving as fast as I could and after about 1,5 mins I escaped. The escape happened because I got a big lead from the start.

I'm just saying that if that kind of thing is possible then cop still have the choice to chase or not to chase, but at least they might have a little bit better change if not using !chase -bind immediately at start.

So, actually there's is that speeding rule what is against of this kind of behaviour ?

PS. That one is just only my opinion, I don't want to provoke anyone Smile Just noticed couple things when driving on server and this came up to my mind. I know this is a game and comparing to real life isn't relevant.

RE: Starting a chase - KaraK - 2014-07-21 09:28

You are allowed to speed a little without being in a chase to catch up to a lawbreaker, as long as it's not excessive. Smile

RE: Starting a chase - Barney - 2014-07-21 10:13

and cause related just to add what several ppl dont know:
u can use laser of other cops. u dont need to do anything special. for example:
cop1 lasers at highway next to pits while standing still. tells other cops in copchat if caught one.
cop2 is waiting at truckstop or vincent way where suspects are slower and does !chase.
when doing !showlaser now its said automatically "...lasered x seconds ago by cop1".
common practice is to share the money and send 50% to cop1 if u r cop2, or as always call lots of backup when suspect runs.

RE: Starting a chase - Edwin - 2014-07-21 10:29

(2014-07-21 10:13)Barney Wrote:  common practice is to share the money and send 50% to cop1 if u r cop2

Unless you're Makee.

Yeh what Barney said is also a good way as it requires teamwork, what you need a lot of when copping. This will almost guarantee a lot of chases especially if cop 1 is in a slow car.

RE: Starting a chase - WyX - 2014-07-21 10:40

(2014-07-21 10:13)Barney Wrote:  and cause related just to add what several ppl dont know:
u can use laser of other cops. u dont need to do anything special. for example:
cop1 lasers at highway next to pits while standing still. tells other cops in copchat if caught one.
cop2 is waiting at truckstop or vincent way where suspects are slower and does !chase.
when doing !showlaser now its said automatically "...lasered x seconds ago by cop1".
common practice is to share the money and send 50% to cop1 if u r cop2, or as always call lots of backup when suspect runs.

That actually sounds really good, I haven't hear about that kind of possibilities!

RE: Starting a chase - Connor - 2014-07-21 10:44

Yeah, I'm surprised you haven't seen some of us do this, its quite a common thing, especially on tracks like Montana or Kyoto.

RE: Starting a chase - Carl - 2014-07-21 12:07

You can laser them, then spectate and prepare for their approach. Smile

Or, get another COP to laser them. Smile