[TC] Gaming Forums
Radar Lottery - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Radar Lottery (/showthread.php?tid=13250)

Radar Lottery - Sebas - 2014-07-22 17:21

Brief description of the idea:

Every day, thousands of dollars "dissapear" in the city chest never to be found again from cops speed-trapping. While beneficial for the city so that they can upgrade their infrastructures, it doesn't seem they use it very wisely (Look at Kyoto, it's still in construction. What about Jamaica, they had to close Dead's man...)

What if that money could be redistributed to the citizens/drivers of the city? What if there was a weekly/monthly draw to determine the winner of the "Radar Lottery" ?

How the idea would work:

- Weekly/Monthly draw
- Winner chosen from the players being fined by a speed trap (only 1 entry possible)

How the money would be distributed:

- 50% to the winner of the lottery
- Other 50% would be kept locked for future events (Gumball for example)

Pros:

- More money given back to the players
- A simple "rolling-fund" for events funded by the players.
- More social activities on the server.
- Who doesnt want to have a chance to have more money?!

Cons:

- Players will want to speed more so that the price is bigger
- May cause an issue with Insim economy
- More speedtraps than ever?
- More work for the admins of [TC]
- Some coding necessary from Chuck (unknown)

RE: Radar Lottery - Howlin - 2014-07-22 17:27

Personally, I think it's a great idea! It gives the speedtraps some reasonable meaning, it gives the community a fun event to possibly win a high cash sum and it also provides extra money for events like gumball! I say if people are going to use speedtraps it might as well do something and this in my opinion is a great, in-direct idea!

Nice work Seb

RE: Radar Lottery - Audiojack - 2014-07-22 17:31

Good idea, but to regulate the cash flows a bit (people already have unbelievable no-life amounts of money on the server) the distribution should be more like 30% to the winner, 30% to event prizes and the rest would still be gone.

RE: Radar Lottery - Spark - 2014-07-22 17:54

Yea i like the Idea however i don't think anyone is gonna do it. As TC is very busy now. But i hope it does get implemented.
In short its a +1 from me.

RE: Radar Lottery - Byran - 2014-07-22 17:54

Yes this sounds like a good idea, only real cons i see are massive amount of sped traps and a re coding of the InSim so that it knows to save money from speed traps and put it into a separate pot. This would give players a chance to have more money though and also can fund other events. It's a good idea brought to the table.

RE: Radar Lottery - Louis - 2014-07-22 21:29

+1

I like the idea, no real use for speed traps atm, but with this it will increase the prize funds! Maybe even towards radio prizes! But yeah, admins get off your ass and start working Wink Only kidding Tongue

-Lou

RE: Radar Lottery - Barney - 2014-07-22 21:36

i was honestly about to post today, that theese Speedtraps should be removed from the servers. imho they are only annoying. i mean the server is to have fun, and to have funchases, and to interact with other players. not to annoy faster drivers.
-if seen ppl set up traps right next to other cops who were actually lasering and trying to get chases... more traps=less chases.
-u already loose lots of money when speeding. 10min of highspeed can easy be -1000. or one trip hillsideroad in montana. if in chase another 500 fine. passing two speedtraps another 500...

i just cant imagine why you would set a trap up. not really to slow the traffic down... if u dont cop u speed as well from time to time. totally alrigth to pay a fine to a cop due to interaction, or to get in a chase, but just sending the money into nowhere?! it just adds nothing of fun to the gameplay...
i can really imagine how some just sit there evil laughin "oh i got another one i couldnt catch chasing. hhhHHhh, nothin good for me but i annoyed him"...
well done

RE: Radar Lottery - Connor - 2014-07-22 22:22

Yeah really good idea Seb. +1

So the money from speedtraps would be somehow kept 'in' the InSim and how would some of that money be taken out to distribute to the winners of the Lottery? Same thing applies to taking money out for funding event prize pots.

RE: Radar Lottery - Warped - 2014-07-23 07:07

I like the idea that the profit from speed traps goes to official events, but when it's given to a particular user of the server, here comes the issue. Yes, who wouldn't like to have more money, but when it's given infinitely every once in a while, the economy of the server flops.

What comes to speed traps being removed, that's not ideal. Even though they are boring to some people, they serve their work nicely to new users who start copping. It's a good addition to gameplay. It also fines speeders if they speed around the map; it's up to them whether to speed and lose even more money or to cruise and save money.

RE: Radar Lottery - Frozen - 2014-07-23 07:21

(2014-07-22 17:31)Audiojack Wrote:  the distribution should be more like 30% to the winner, 30% to event prizes and the rest would still be gone.

I agree with AJ. However, good idea

RE: Radar Lottery - WyX - 2014-07-23 07:58

+1

I like the idea, and in my opinion it's worth to even give a try. It will cause a little bit more speedtraps of course, but I don't think that using it will increase so badly. If cop places a speedtrap he won't get any money for the time he's sitting there. It's not fun at all to just sit in one place and I think it will be usually used when cop knows he's going to idle for some time. Also more speedtraps means that there is a valuable reason to buy a radar.

Like there already has been said, it's your own choice how you drive when you know there's a speedtrap. At least I will try to avoid them as much as I can, and I guess many other driver do so too. At least them who don't have millions of money.

RE: Radar Lottery - Dracula - 2014-07-23 08:07

Very good idea Ohmy
+1 from me.

RE: Radar Lottery - Matt - 2014-07-23 13:27

I think it'll have the unfortunate issue of basically giving random people masses of money they won't share (I say, with 1m just lying around)-and also means people get money for essentially doing nothing-which means people have got money they can't spend.

Bad idea.

RE: Radar Lottery - Sebas - 2014-07-23 13:52

(2014-07-23 13:27)fakedeath Wrote:  I think it'll have the unfortunate issue of basically giving random people masses of money they won't share (I say, with 1m just lying around)-and also means people get money for essentially doing nothing-which means people have got money they can't spend.

Bad idea.

Lets make a quick "theoretical" calculation on the amount a speedtrap generates in a day.

- A Speedtrap usually lasts 10 minutes.
- There is usually 2-3 speedtraps per hour depending on the time of day.
- Generally, a speedtrap will fine a suspect every 30 seconds.
- Most of the time, the fine varies between 80 and 120, so let's make that 100$

Given these variables, a speedtrap will generate 1000$. That makes between 1000$ and 3000$ per hour, lets round that to 2000$. Per day, it sums to 48000$ but there is a range of 6-8 hours that basically nobody is online so let's just put 40000$ instead.

Now, if we play a little bit with the pourcentages:
- Give back 1% to the players : 4000$ per day / 28000$ per week
- Give another 1% to future events: 4000$ per day
- Make the other 98% disappear.

Still too much? Lets lower the player number to 0.5%: 2000$ per day / 14000$ per week.

I don't think that giving away 14000$ per week will screw the balance of the economy. Heck, i make 14K per week when i drive regularly on TC.

RE: Radar Lottery - Spark - 2014-07-23 14:45

I need to agree that is a genius idea Wink

RE: Radar Lottery - Dino - 2014-07-23 14:46

(2014-07-23 13:27)fakedeath Wrote:  I think it'll have the unfortunate issue of basically giving random people masses of money they won't share (I say, with 1m just lying around)

Bad idea.

http://insim.city-driving.co.uk/license.php?username=MattsterGT

And now please don't bring up your 5k Gumball donation.

Oh and erm, on topic:

Well, as long as the amount of speedtraps do not increase I don't mind.
Cause as Barney pointed out already those ones are super annoying and I'm often shortly before pushing cops away to remove it (received a warning for that already lol)

RE: Radar Lottery - Marty - 2014-07-23 23:28

I always thought radar money went to the Cops themselves?
If not, then it's agreat idea!

RE: Radar Lottery - Spark - 2014-07-24 13:16

(2014-07-23 23:28)Marty Wrote:  I always thought radar money went to the Cops themselves?

They didnt go anywhere. And with this suggestion it might change!

RE: Radar Lottery - Matt - 2014-07-24 18:39

(2014-07-24 13:16)Spark Wrote:  
(2014-07-23 23:28)Marty Wrote:  I always thought radar money went to the Cops themselves?

They didnt go anywhere. And with this suggestion it might change!

They wouldn't do this in real life. In truth the money goes into having more *Removed* surveillance in a 'free' country and 'protecting' the hell out of everyone with money being forcibly taken and being paid off to aristocracy and their toe sucking pet wankers...

-2 cents.