[TC] Gaming Forums
Crashing Fatality - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Crashing Fatality (/showthread.php?tid=13289)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Crashing Fatality - Adorable - 2014-07-25 23:31

(2014-07-25 17:58)Howlin Wrote:  And that would mean people will be buying new cars once every few weeks, also not a good idea in my opinion Unsure

it's just 0.2% or 0.1% Depending on the speed Smile

that's mean you suppose to be Crashed 500 Times to lose your car.

RE: Crashing Fatality - BP - 2014-07-25 23:41

Connor Wrote:But, Ahmed, what BP was saying is that the InSim would have to be coded to 'know' who was going quicker to get the higher condition loss, which would of course make more work for Chuck.

No, I was saying it is impossible to determine who was at fault for the collision.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Dracula - 2014-07-26 01:05

As much as I like the idea of this and Pipa's modified one, I can understand why a lot of people wouldn't like this.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Zipppy - 2014-07-26 04:31

(2014-07-25 16:57)LuckyLuke Wrote:  How about a safety rating? Like there is on racing servers such as CG? Not saying "steal" there idea, but this idea is not a bad idea if you modify it practically. Obviously its a game and it's a cop's and robbers server, so lets keep it that way. The idea is that the higher the safety rating the cheaper the tickets cops may give to the driver if it's a crash related ticket (dangerous, careless driving or causing an accident etc). The lower the safety rating, the more dangerous they are on the road so like insurance in the UK, the tickets would cost more although, it maybe a little unfair due to general accidents. Or maybe even restrict them to lower level cars such as TBO's or GTI's? Just to make things a little more interesting and varieable so not everyone is driving FZ's and XFR's or UFR's all fast cars etc. That's just a write down what's in my head thing haha. Hope it makes sense, ofc it is just a suggestion.

I suggested a safety rating before, but I think it could still work. Make it a "level" based thing, where a couple rams and crashes every once in a while won't degrade it. Something like crashing heavily every minute would. Maybe drivers earn 5-10% more on the higher levels than the entry level, to reward for their clean driving.

Pipa's idea is pretty good, but may get really annoying if it happens often.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Warped - 2014-07-26 07:55

I don't really see the problem with people spending their money on cars more frequently; that way the economy of the server keeps itself clean and nice.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Tingle - 2014-07-26 10:48

(2014-07-25 16:04)Pipa Wrote:  Slightly modified i actually like this idea. My change would be:

After a heavy crash and incase your car stayed upright, you will need to wait till a med has arrived and spend 5-10 seconds mending you, for which he will receive a small amount of money. If no med is online, all meds are busy and/or you have waited longer than 120 seconds, this gameplay element would disable itself.

It would also be disabled during chases and for all COP/TOW/MED/RES for obvious reasons.

I quite like this adaptation. I wouldn't have thought it'd be too complex to add to the insim. Surely the code used would be similar to the code used when cops bust a suspect? Except in this case, it will say 'Mended in 10, 9, 8... seconds'.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Connor - 2014-07-26 10:57

(2014-07-25 23:41)BoyPower Wrote:  
Connor Wrote:But, Ahmed, what BP was saying is that the InSim would have to be coded to 'know' who was going quicker to get the higher condition loss, which would of course make more work for Chuck.

No, I was saying it is impossible to determine who was at fault for the collision.

Which is why it wouldn't be impossible for the InSim to work out who was going quicker in the collision so as to give the quicker moving car the higher condition loss.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Dan - 2014-07-26 11:39

I could be going 120mph on Highway 1 and someone hits me on the wrong side doing a mere 50mph. Why should I deserve the lower condition?

RE: Crashing Fatality - Connor - 2014-07-26 11:43

(2014-07-26 11:39)Daniel Wrote:  I could be going 120mph on Highway 1 and someone hits me on the wrong side doing a mere 50mph. Why should I deserve the lower condition?

But that's going to happen in real life, it's going to be unfair but you'll be the one with the heavier damage in the end. Then there'll be forum reports against the user that wrongsided, he'll get his punishment through a ban instead of the higher condition, which in my opinion is going to be more severe.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Pipa - 2014-07-26 11:53

(2014-07-26 11:43)Connor Wrote:  But that's going to happen in real life, it's going to be unfair but you'll be the one with the heavier damage in the end. Then there'll be forum reports against the user that wrongsided, he'll get his punishment through instead of the higher condition, which in my opinion is going to be more severe.

Imagine the amount of forum reports this would introduce. It's just a bad idea.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Connor - 2014-07-26 13:14

(2014-07-26 11:53)Pipa Wrote:  
(2014-07-26 11:43)Connor Wrote:  But that's going to happen in real life, it's going to be unfair but you'll be the one with the heavier damage in the end. Then there'll be forum reports against the user that wrongsided, he'll get his punishment through instead of the higher condition, which in my opinion is going to be more severe.

Imagine the amount of forum reports this would introduce. It's just a bad idea.

But aren't there already forum reports against wrongsiders? This wouldn't really alter the amount of reports against them as it won't just change how many wrongsiders there are, surely?

RE: Crashing Fatality - Pipa - 2014-07-26 14:14

(2014-07-26 13:14)Connor Wrote:  But aren't there already forum reports against wrongsiders? This wouldn't really alter the amount of reports against them as it won't just change how many wrongsiders there are, surely?

Sucessful reports against wrongsiders would require them to do it repeatedly and cause problems. Reporting for each individual wrong way incident would certainly increase the reports and i doubt neither side would like that change.

Furthermore reports should not be a gameplay element, they are designed to point rule breakers out and people who intentionally spoil the game. They are certainly not supposed to be done for people that wrongside and cause an accident once.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Connor - 2014-07-26 14:23

(2014-07-26 14:14)Pipa Wrote:  Furthermore reports should not be a gameplay element, they are designed to point rule breakers out and people who intentionally spoil the game. They are certainly not supposed to be done for people that wrongside and cause an accident once.

Then you could always change it round so that the car going faster gets the lower condition loss and vice versa which come to think of it would prbably make more sense.

But.. I must admit it would get very annoying if you lost condition over something you didn't directly do. I don;t see how this idea will work once you look at it logically.

RE: Crashing Fatality - Petsu - 2014-07-26 17:33

if Insim could determine who caused the accident it would be OK. Currently it cant and its a bad idea. In real life if someone rams your car, he will pay for it. Here, insim cant fine the person who caused the accident, and i dont think everyone is going to do !sorry after every ram

RE: Crashing Fatality - Adorable - 2014-07-26 19:35

Quote:No, I was saying it is impossible to determine who was at fault for the

if 2 Cars are crashed both get damaged.. doesnt mean that one lose from his car condition and the other doesnt

RE: Crashing Fatality - Eruaran - 2014-07-26 19:54

Since there would be a lot of conflict if people were hitting people and car conditions were decreased because of it... I would suggest that we scratch the conditions part... and just do what I recommended at the begging... and the part that pipa added Smile

RE: Crashing Fatality - WyX - 2014-07-29 05:56

(2014-07-25 16:04)Pipa Wrote:  Slightly modified i actually like this idea. My change would be:

After a heavy crash and incase your car stayed upright, you will need to wait till a med has arrived and spend 5-10 seconds mending you, for which he will receive a small amount of money. If no med is online, all meds are busy and/or you have waited longer than 120 seconds, this gameplay element would disable itself.

It would also be disabled during chases and for all COP/TOW/MED/RES for obvious reasons.

+1, I really like that idea!
It means that there are actually a reason to be as a TOW/MED/RES as they get small amount of money everytime when they're helping people.

What comes to that condition loss when crashing, it's not a good idea in my opinion. It will increase forum reports when people are getting angry of losing their condition in case of wrongsiding etc. Also administrators workload may increase significantly in case of increased reports.

Accidents happens sometimes for everyone especially when you're after chase and trying to getaway as fast as you can. And if I have noticed right, the idea of the server is cops & robbers so accidents just belongs for it.

RE: Crashing Fatality - n1vekk - 2015-03-20 00:05

Hi. I'm new here and i know it's a bit late since the last post was in july but i have to say that i really like pipa's idea which will help tows/meds earn some money and maybe make people drive more carefully because they won't want to wait for tow or just stand there for 120s

RE: Crashing Fatality - Sadie - 2015-03-20 13:11

Suddently an other car tries to help and you get spectated xP

RE: Crashing Fatality - n1vekk - 2015-03-22 01:25

no...u wouldn't be able to move under your own power, if someone else pushes u to pits it's ok you're safe