[TC] Gaming Forums
Pay2Save? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Pay2Save? (/showthread.php?tid=13465)

Pages: 1 2

Pay2Save? - Connor - 2014-08-06 09:46

Here's an idea;

You're in a chase, it's gone on for a good hour or so. It's given you about 100-200kms. You think you're about to get away when a wrongsider hits you at speed and you go OOB.

You know he's sorry and all, but you've just lost that amazing trip of yours. You know you'll never get that back, and compensation just won't cut it.

There's been many incidents like this on the server in the past and I believe there's a way to stop people from always losing their trip: Pay2Save

I called it that just to make it more appealing. Tongue

My idea is simple;

1) You get hit and go OOB, you're forced to pit.

2) You shift+p but the InSim gives you a menu with two options;
  • -Pay €x to save trip. (this amount will change depending on how big your trip is) eg. 100km trip; €100, 500km trip; €500
  • -Pit anyway.

3) No more moaning about losing your trip, provided you have the money to Pay2Save your trip.

A quote from Byran; "And you can only do this 3 times a month to avoid people taking advantage of this." I also think this is a good idea too, however I don't know how you could implement that into the InSim. Maybe only the rich will be able to take advantage, I don't know.

Anyways, this idea can be altered to seem even better, such as the amount you pay per trip save.

I hope this gets implemented as it will stop the anguish about losing a trip that's ever so close to 1000kms.

Thanks for reading! Smile

RE: Pay2Save? - BP - 2014-08-06 09:52

I think I know what Chuck will say about this one.

In the older days, your trip would disappear when you shift+p'd regardless of where you were, meaning you had to do a pitstop to fix a damaged car. You could not even change car or role without losing your trip. It even encouraged people to look after their engine (because obviously engine damage cannot be fixed without pitting).

Now, you don't lose your trip if you pit in a Safezone, speed in the pits (or at least in some cases, and maybe specced for wrong way in the pits, can't remember), disconnect in the Safezone and return within 30 minutes. This has already "weakened" the trip system.

As for the idea though, I'm not really sure.

RE: Pay2Save? - KaraK - 2014-08-06 10:06

(2014-08-06 09:52)BoyPower Wrote:  In the older days, your trip would disappear when you shift+p'd regardless of where you were, meaning you had to do a pitstop to fix a damaged car. You could not even change car or role without losing your trip. It even encouraged people to look after their engine (because obviously engine damage cannot be fixed without pitting).

Ahh, good times.
Really I don't see a problem here, but the bonuses of the trips have gone down drastically, and I don't really think there is that much gain in it.

RE: Pay2Save? - Pipa - 2014-08-06 11:02

(2014-08-06 09:52)BoyPower Wrote:  In the older days, your trip would disappear when you shift+p'd regardless of where you were, meaning you had to do a pitstop to fix a damaged car. You could not even change car or role without losing your trip. It even encouraged people to look after their engine (because obviously engine damage cannot be fixed without pitting).

I would actually like to have that back, when you have to sit around for 30+ seconds everytime your car gets damaged you tend to drive more carefully aswell. Pay2Pit to change a role and bring this back.

RE: Pay2Save? - Bez - 2014-08-06 11:06

(2014-08-06 11:02)Pipa Wrote:  I would actually like to have that back, when you have to sit around for 30+ seconds everytime your car gets damaged you tend to drive more carefully aswell. Pay2Pit to change a role and bring this back.

*Hits Like button +1

RE: Pay2Save? - Pete - 2014-08-06 12:43

The last time we seriously thought about this idea it was something like this:

You may pit and save your trip but:

- You will forfeit your next bonus
- You will be charged the €500 towing fee.

RE: Pay2Save? - Byran - 2014-08-06 12:56

This seems like a pretty good idea to me. Was talking to Connor shortly on the server about it.
We could pay to have it saved or just chose to lose the trip. You can also implement it so that You can only use this option 3 times or so per month, this way it lowers possibility for abuse towards this system.

RE: Pay2Save? - KaraK - 2014-08-06 13:25

(2014-08-06 11:02)Pipa Wrote:  

I would actually like to have that back, when you have to sit around for 30+ seconds everytime your car gets damaged you tend to drive more carefully aswell. Pay2Pit to change a role and bring this back.

+1

RE: Pay2Save? - Mr. NB - 2014-08-06 13:30

(2014-08-06 11:02)Pipa Wrote:  I would actually like to have that back, when you have to sit around for 30+ seconds everytime your car gets damaged you tend to drive more carefully aswell. Pay2Pit to change a role and bring this back.

[Image: XQvny3b.png]

I'd love that. But then again, a lot of things seems to be dumbed-down these days. Back in the day big trips were actually a challenge, which is what made them interesting. Today you can instantly pit on two locations and have nothing to worry about, as long as someone pushes your car in there.

RE: Pay2Save? - Kayla - 2014-08-06 13:52

yh we should get the old trip-system back imho, was much better and a much greater challenge to get a high trip Wink

RE: Pay2Save? - Connor - 2014-08-06 15:22

(2014-08-06 13:52)Kayla Wrote:  

yh we should get the old trip-system back imho, was much better and a much greater challenge to get a high trip Wink

+1 to that, BUT if you're going to implement it, please do it after Gumball! Tongue

RE: Pay2Save? - Pipa - 2014-08-06 16:53

I'd love that Pete.

(2014-08-06 13:30)Mr. NB Wrote:  I'd love that. But then again, a lot of things seems to be dumbed-down these days. Back in the day big trips were actually a challenge, which is what made them interesting. Today you can instantly pit on two locations and have nothing to worry about, as long as someone pushes your car in there.

Yes exactly my thoughts. The whole pitlane also felt much more realistic as you actually had to stop and not just throw your car into it and shift+p.

RE: Pay2Save? - Mufflord - 2014-08-06 17:20

+1 for old system back

RE: Pay2Save? - Adorable - 2014-08-06 18:55

(2014-08-06 12:43)Pete Wrote:  - You will be charged the €500 towing fee.

Good idea, this will stop COP's from broking road laws when their car Damaged after a Chase/ Get crashed by a Wrong Sider.

But, Many civillians now when they break road laws and notice that a COP Is behind them they will directly Shift + P = Evade then fine if they caused an accident for example ..

But making it expensive for €500 Won't make it usefull as my trip must be atleast +500 (Lower trips Bonus is arround €300-€250) So i'd rather Losing my trip then using this

RE: Pay2Save? - KaraK - 2014-08-06 19:55

(2014-08-06 18:55)RacerSS Wrote:  Good idea, this will stop COP's from broking road laws when their car Damaged after a Chase/ Get crashed by a Wrong Sider.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that is relevant lol.

RE: Pay2Save? - Orange™ - 2014-08-07 06:35

Got the thumbs up by me!!

RE: Pay2Save? - RedJohn - 2014-08-07 11:32

So If i need need to change my setup I lose the trip ?

RE: Pay2Save? - KaraK - 2014-08-07 12:23

(2014-08-07 11:32)RedJohn Wrote:  So If i need need to change my setup I lose the trip ?

Yup.

RE: Pay2Save? - RedJohn - 2014-08-07 12:31

Thumbdown Thumbdown

RE: Pay2Save? - Spark - 2014-08-07 14:33

(2014-08-07 12:23)KaraK Wrote:  
(2014-08-07 11:32)RedJohn Wrote:  So If i need need to change my setup I lose the trip ?

Yup.

No from me but about connors idea yes