[TC] Gaming Forums
Ways to speed up my PC? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+---- Forum: Tech Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+---- Thread: Ways to speed up my PC? (/showthread.php?tid=13706)

Ways to speed up my PC? - Carl - 2014-08-16 19:04

Apparently, my PC is being a little sluggish.

I have uninstalled some things that i don't really need but would like to know what i can use to help speed up my PC

I already have Ccleaner and have used that to clear only; Cookies, temporary files, cache and recycle bin.

I don't know what the other options do.

any help is appreciated

RE: Ways to speed up my PC? - Chuck - 2014-08-16 19:25

Depends on what part you want to speed up IMO

RE: Ways to speed up my PC? - FR4NOx - 2014-08-16 21:27

For general responsiveness, try to close any unnecessary background programs. Maybe restart your computer. If your hard drive is full, or is close enough for the hard drive icon in Computer to be red, then try deleting some files until the red turns blue. If you're willing to spend a little, then a SSD would be a significant upgrade and would reduce loading times, boot times, and make the entire computer feel snappier.

For example, my computer is sluggish and unstable (for probably several reasons), but if I cleaned my C and G drives a bit, then my computer should be marginally snappier in general.
[Image: 9753ea5acd67e3479d9e127dc7af78f8.png]

For games, hardware upgrades will do the trick.

RE: Ways to speed up my PC? - Carl - 2014-08-17 00:14

In terms of memory, i think i'm fine i just cant put my finger on what exactly is slowing it down Sad

Thing i want to speed up are, web page load times mostly

[Image: 1e641e1dcb0bf5a52a421daccd6e8cfd.png]

RE: Ways to speed up my PC? - Adorable - 2014-08-17 04:15

(2014-08-17 00:14)Nismo Wrote:  Thing i want to speed up are, web page load times mostly

that's depends on your net Speed and the browser you're using my favourite browser is Internet explorer 11.. Faster than Google chrome

Here is it : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie

RE: Ways to speed up my PC? - FR4NOx - 2014-08-17 05:26

(2014-08-17 04:15)RacerSS Wrote:  that's depends on your net Speed and the browser you're using my favourite browser is Internet explorer 11.. Faster than Google chrome

Lol. I'm not sure if many would agree with that. Wink