[TC] Gaming Forums
[Implemented] Possibility to drive on the left? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: [Implemented] Possibility to drive on the left? (/showthread.php?tid=13776)

Pages: 1 2

Possibility to drive on the left? - Marty - 2014-08-22 01:03

Hey guys,

I was driving on the Bridge Freeway on South City, when I noticed the signs were set on the wrong side. You have to drive on the left side to be able to read them. Which gave me an idea.

Is it possible to have a track where you have to drive in the left side of the road?
There are many people form Great Britain on TC, and they have to drive on the wrong side of the road, so why not do something in favor of them and turn it around to the left side on 1 track?

I think this also adds some excitement to the track and something new.
Ofcourse, the first few times you have to get used to it, but I think it could be a nice idea.

Wonder what you guys think of it?

Greets,

Marty

[Image: 2psga35.jpg]

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Carl - 2014-08-22 01:24

I would love this idea!

But from a honest perspective I do believe that the majority are European who play the servers.

If it does get switched people could get confused and cause wrong side accidents lol.

But besides that +1

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Dracula - 2014-08-22 01:41

I actually quite like this idea, it might add a bit of a mix to tracks.
+1

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Tibe - 2014-08-22 03:35

I've been thinking about this too and imo this is a great idea. Smile

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Makee - 2014-08-22 04:21

No ty -1

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Olli - 2014-08-22 04:25

No thanks -1

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Toni - 2014-08-22 04:29

Would be nice to have this, but it would cause too much mess....

+-0 from me.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Sadie - 2014-08-22 06:14

Meh.. Right side on server 1 and left on 2?

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Chuck - 2014-08-22 06:16

Lol, it may have occurred to you that the entire city is left-hand drive.
Btw, that image above is a perfect counter-example. Your "left" side isn't even drivable where you are.

Apart from that, no thanks.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Pipa - 2014-08-22 06:24

LTC tried it once and it was quite a mess, -1 from me.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - TigR - 2014-08-22 06:53

nope -1. imagine all the new drivers that are not completely sure about the rules, not knowing that SO is the only track its left hand drive. So much chaos..

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Borja - 2014-08-22 08:46

-1 , thanks..

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Stephen - 2014-08-22 08:53

I've been suggesting that Sydney be left hand drive for years. Most of the road markings are for left hand drive (except one way streets), If at least Sydney isn't going to be left hand drive it may as well be called London or something, because it doesn't represent Sydney driving.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Edwin - 2014-08-22 09:31

Inb4 someone wrongsides and crashes and blames it on left hand drive

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - BP - 2014-08-22 09:53

(2014-08-22 08:53)Stephen Wrote:  I've been suggesting that Sydney be left hand drive for years. Most of the road markings are for left hand drive (except one way streets), If at least Sydney isn't going to be left hand drive it may as well be called London or something, because it doesn't represent Sydney driving.

But London drives on the left too, so it wouldn't represent that either.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Stephen - 2014-08-22 14:33

Well..some other city that drives on the right, I can't keep track of what side every country drives on.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Connor - 2014-08-25 12:52

(2014-08-22 06:24)Pipa Wrote:  LTC tried it once and it was quite a mess, -1 from me.

I remember them trying to do this and the new drivers who had just joined were still driving on the right side and got banned for wrongsiding. I must say it was pretty insensitive towards the people that didn't know this rule.

I think the TC admins would be better with then though. I'd say +1 for now, but only on certain tracks.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Marty - 2014-08-25 13:50

What I thought as a way to solve the issue of not knowing where you have to drive, when you join TC, or go out of the pit, a message appears with: "This track will be driven on the LEFT side.", and you have to click it before you can drive.
Like an admin message.
Maybe at certain times, the TC Members can put such a message on, like they do when acknowledging the No Drift on Roundabout rule. It appears in the game in Red Chat.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Pete - 2014-08-25 14:11

The old [TC] CityDriving Pro server had left side driving. It wasn't very successful.

RE: Possibility to drive on the left? - Elmo - 2014-08-30 00:52

We've done it twice and the general conclusion was that 95% of people from countries where they drive on the right are incapable of driving on the left in LFS. This included members of the pro server (for the most experienced/skilled drivers in the community) and a non-zero number of TC members at the time.

Fun fact: the only track we have that is not based in a country where people drive on the left is Montana.