[TC] Gaming Forums
Lee-way fining - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Lee-way fining (/showthread.php?tid=1380)

Lee-way fining - Tommer - 2012-01-02 20:50

Heya,

Just a thought, at present you can warn people for consistently driving in the lee-way (yellow zone) for a long period of time,

However if they repeat this, I think they should be fined as they've already received a warning - giving them another warning seems a bit pointless..

My suggestion is to implement a fine that covers this? Previously I would have classed it as 'Failure to abide direction of Officer' but that fine no longer exists..

Just a thought

- Tommer

RE: Lee-way fining - Kyllone - 2012-01-02 20:56

Been thinking it too. I think it would be brilliant. Many people drive a lot just on yellow zone, and just ignore the warnings. As tommer said, warning after warning. Pointless.

This is a good idea!

RE: Lee-way fining - Josh - 2012-01-02 20:58

So you want to start fining people for essentially doing 76mph in a 75mph limit? I know that isn't the intention behind this, but it will become a possibility.

At current, fines don't have to be preceded by a warning, so you can't force a warning on a user before fining them for driving within the leeway. Besides, would each cop have to give them their own individual warning?

I don't see the point of fining for this, small amounts of speeding don't seem that bigger deal (perhaps just me) so why not just try to catch them speeding?

RE: Lee-way fining - Malibu - 2012-01-02 21:03

That just sounds like the cops are hungry for money, because a few km/miles above the speedlimit doesn't really matter for the roadsafety.

RE: Lee-way fining - Jappe - 2012-01-02 21:11

I agree with Malibu and Josh. Just wait for the suspect to speed, or go after another one. If you're trying to chase him again, it will look like you're hungry for money.

Think this is not a good idea

RE: Lee-way fining - E28 - 2012-01-02 22:55

It'd be unfair to be pulled for doing 1 or 2mph above the speed limit, and being pulled for consistently doing 5mph above the limit practically makes the leeway redundant.

RE: Lee-way fining - Pipa - 2012-01-02 23:08

This is not real life, if he does not want to be chased thats his wish. Either wait till he makes a mistake or just move on.

RE: Lee-way fining - NVK - 2012-01-03 08:23

Some people tend to drive on the boarder line of leeway and speeding. Cops can only drive at the speed limit, but the civilians can pass by, and we can't do anything, except give warning after warning. It doesn't work like that in real life.

I'm not saying that we should have a fine for those who tend to drive at the leeway, but i do think that "failing to obey direction of officer" should be reimplemented. This will prevent people getting fined right away, since you obviously need to give them a warning at first, and after that it's up to the suspect to obey or get fined, as in real life.

RE: Lee-way fining - Malibu - 2012-01-03 08:59

In reallife you are allowed to drive in the leeway aswell, the leeway is just not as big as it is in TC.

RE: Lee-way fining - Chuck - 2012-01-03 09:34

For the sake of arguments, I'd say drop it. We finally got rid of those 1kph over limit arguments by implementing the yellow/red dots. Now you say if people go within yellow for a "long period of time". Which will raise the next arguments about what is a "long period of time"? Who defines it? and who defines whether someone exceeded that "long period of time"? IMO, just causes avoidable arguments.

RE: Lee-way fining - NVK - 2012-01-03 10:59

Driving 130kph on normal roads and 180kph on highways, overtaking cops all the time, leaving the cops unable to do anything. They will even loose sight of the civilian just because they aren't able to keep up due to overspeeding. And giving out warnings doesn't help since you can't follow it up with a low fine for dis-obeying the officers order by lowering the speed.

How would this hardly cause any problems or even argument, by reimplementing the "failing to obey direction of officer" fine again? Of course you will need to have laser as a proof, as usual. And a small edit in the leeway rules that driving contantly in it, will be fineable after warning.

And this fine option won't just only be for the leeway, it could be used for many other things. So i really don't see why it would be a bad suggestion.

RE: Lee-way fining - Malibu - 2012-01-03 11:06

Thing is, a cop shouldn't have to do anything when someone overtakes him. Because he is within the legal leeway.

RE: Lee-way fining - NVK - 2012-01-03 11:30

(2012-01-03 11:06)Malibu Wrote:  Thing is, a cop shouldn't have to do anything when someone overtakes him. Because he is within the legal leeway.

Constantly driving over the actual speed limit, is speeding, regardless if it's within the leeway or not. So it's not more than right to give a warning and follow it up with a fine if they proceed.

RE: Lee-way fining - Pipa - 2012-01-03 11:42

(2012-01-03 11:30)NVK Wrote:  Constantly driving over the actual speed limit, is speeding, regardless if it's within the leeway or not. So it's not more than right to give a warning and follow it up with a fine if they proceed.

In real life you can overtake a cop without electronic devices to measure your speed quite easily. And if they choose to pull you over, they have to follow you at a constant speed for a quite a bit of time and the tolerance they need to substract from that speed is 20%. So do 20+km/h past them and they can hardly do a thing.
On here chuck made it quite easy and more balanced for the cops.

Besides this is not real life and if the car infront doesn't want a chase where is the problem in letting him go? All you are going to do is making your gaming experience more miserable.

RE: Lee-way fining - Trance - 2012-01-03 16:29

and also.. for ppl who don't use a wheel and pedals. and use mouse.. we can't keep at 75 MPH constantly. its prob go over a little of go under and little and so on

RE: Lee-way fining - KaraK - 2012-01-03 17:36

(2012-01-03 16:29)Trance Wrote:  and also.. for ppl who don't use a wheel and pedals. and use mouse.. we can't keep at 75 MPH constantly. its prob go over a little of go under and little and so on

Yes, but that's not where this is about.
This is about constant driving above the speedlimit, just in the leeway.

RE: Lee-way fining - Josh - 2012-01-03 17:44

As I said before, fines don't have to be preceded by a warning, you can issue a fine straight away on your first traffic stop. The only way you could feasibly fine someone for doing this is by asking them to stop driving constantly in the leeway, then issue a fine for "ignoring police instruction", as long as they are doing it purposely to travel fast.

This would mean we'd have to reintroduce the "Ignoring police instruction(s)" fine, which to be fair, we probably won't. There is no huge need from what I have seen, I can't remember seeing the last time it was used and I don't even know when it was removed (I can only assume when we upgraded the fine system).

RE: Lee-way fining - Elmo - 2012-01-03 18:42

(2012-01-03 08:59)Malibu Wrote:  In reallife you are allowed to drive in the leeway aswell, the leeway is just not as big as it is in TC.

In the UK it's 10% or 10% + 3mph depending where you are.

TC is 10% over the speed limit defined in m/s. The displayed speed limit is sometimes a little off due to rounding to the nearest 5, although the limits are chosen to minimise the rounding wherever possible.