[TC] Gaming Forums
Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Help Requests & Technical Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. (/showthread.php?tid=13833)

Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - Carl - 2014-08-25 19:52

I was not sure to post this in refund requests or here, so sorry if it is wrong.

Well, this happened on the 25/08/2014 at around 1am

i was in a chase with RedJohn (RedJ) and it was all fun until i accidentally tapped the barrier with the front of my car. This then caused the insim to think i was going wrong way but i was far from that. I then obviously lost my chase, trip and XP.

Replay Timestamps: 1:51:07 please watch from this point as you will see what happens.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jbzbp2

It appears to me that it could of been some sort of lag spike which tricked the insim to believe some of my car was over the otherside. But i really cant diagnose this myself so i post here.

Thanks for reading Smile

RE: Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - Byran - 2014-08-25 20:08

So you definitely got spectated for no reason here. You tapped the barrier barely. From the replay I can't tell if you lagged or not. If no lag was involved then there is definitely a bug going on here, but I have hit that part of the barrier before and nothing happened. At the same time there is plenty of barrier bugs that only happen sometimes. Lets see what other admins have to say about this one.

RE: Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - Carl - 2014-08-25 20:10

Yeah i see what you mean, Byran. Smile

My connection was pretty stable at the time in fact, it always is.

Sometimes lag can happen but not always noticeable.

RE: Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - Byran - 2014-08-25 20:12

Right I agree. Hopefully this issue can be resolved. Tired of buggy barriers Tongue

RE: Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - Chuck - 2014-08-26 06:05

Might be interesting if someone else had a replay showing that incident.

RE: Force spec boundaries out of place? Server fault report. - kas - 2014-08-26 10:30

I must say that I haven't had this exact issue myself, I have however noticed an increase in InSim lag since Gumball has ended.

I have been diagnosing my connection and trying out different setting, however my connection is stable and my ping is low, the only time I've experienced lag myself (where a lot of other people lagged out instead of just one person) was yesterday when the mass-lag thing caused half the server to lose connection but I was one of the few folks who were able to stay in the server.

I have also noticed that the website/forum sporadically isn't reachable for around 2-3 minutes from time to time, whereas all other sites load instantly, so it shouldn't be an issue in my side.

However (!) I have also been experiencing connection loss when idling on the servers for a minute or so when there is no key input. If I idle in the pits for example and don't press any buttons on my wheel, I lose connection fairly quickly. Same thing when I enter the pits and start changing my setup. Obviously there are inputs from the mouse, but I still lose connection. If I'm just stationary in the pits and keep revving the engine however, I do not lose the connection at all.

This has lead me to believe that my ISP is monitoring the connection, and so I cannot say for sure whether the InSim lag (sirens show up too late or display he same distance although the cop is somewhere completely different in the mean time) is caused by your servers or my connection. It's weird though, because at the moment when the InSim is lagging, everything else is fine. Players are still visible and my ping is the same as always soooo.... I'm lost haha