[TC] Gaming Forums
Vehicle Customization - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Vehicle Customization (/showthread.php?tid=1389)

Pages: 1 2

Vehicle Customization - Felipe Jardim - 2012-01-03 10:13

First off, My name is Felipe Jardim, some of you might have seen me driving around Montana for some time now. Joined in 2008 but havent played much between 2009-2010 because of CoD....with that said let me procede to my idea.

What if the Insim in conjunction with LFS tweak could provide upgrades to be purchased for players cars? I have seen it on other servers where you could do different setups on every type of car, not that this would be good but something Insim controlled could be fun if players purchase these upgrades according to their money or how long they owned the car, etc.

The way i thought how this could be is very conservative and keeps the fun in the game, not some ridiculousness the cops can't hang with. Lets say you bought a XFG for example. The baseline horsepower for the XFG is 115. If the player chose to spend a reasonable amount of cash he could get a Stage 1, 2 and 3 upgrades

Stage 1 (5,000 euro) consists of basic intake and exhaust tuning. A Stage 1 upgrade adds 10% to the total output so the XFG's power went to 126. Stage 2 is now availble.

Stage 2 (7,500 euro) is a software based upgrade for the car. Re-maps the ECU for increased output peformance to go with the stage 1 kit. Adds 15% of power to the new increased output. New HP = 145. Stage 3 now available.

Stage 3 (10,000 euro) Complete engine buildup. Composed of cams, high comp piston, lightweight rods, balanced crank, worked head, etc. Power output is 25% on top of the Stage 2 power output. New HP = 181.

Obviously there is also ways to turbocharge the XFG and XRG but that seems a little more complicated and hard to keep control of (boost levels, turbo lag, etc) but i think with these basic things the game could be very exciting and keep more players aboard. Is this idea possible to be implemented into the game? If needed with testing and whatnot, i'll be glad to help.

Thanks for your time

Felipe.

RE: Vehicle Customization - E28 - 2012-01-03 10:19

It's a nice idea, but I think the prices are a bit steep. I mean, for a stage 1 and 2 upgrade you can practically buy an XRT...

RE: Vehicle Customization - Felipe Jardim - 2012-01-03 10:21

(2012-01-03 10:19)Ryan Wrote:  It's a nice idea, but I think the prices are a bit steep. I mean, for a stage 1 and 2 upgrade you can practically buy an XRT...

Well, considering a locator in the game costs 10,000 euro, i think these prices are in the same "inflation levels" as the current insim items. trust me i think they are high too, it would be up to the TC crew to determine them anyway.

RE: Vehicle Customization - porez - 2012-01-03 10:40

(2012-01-03 10:19)Ryan Wrote:  It's a nice idea, but I think the prices are a bit steep. I mean, for a stage 1 and 2 upgrade you can practically buy an XRT...

so?
f.e. I'd like to spend 10k+15k for XRT than buy stock fz5.
It depends on you.

@Felipe: Love your idea!

RE: Vehicle Customization - Roba - 2012-01-03 10:41

I'm not sure of the idea..

I don't really like to make it so complicated, as for some people it's already hard to understand how the game works..

RE: Vehicle Customization - Felipe Jardim - 2012-01-03 11:00

That's what this forum and the !help option is for. Some people just wanna jump the gun and play when they don't know anything.

RE: Vehicle Customization - E28 - 2012-01-03 13:01

(2012-01-03 10:40)porez Wrote:  

so?
f.e. I'd like to spend 10k+15k for XRT than buy stock fz5.
It depends on you.

I know, but if you have an XRG, and you upgrade it, you could've just bought a new, faster XRT...

RE: Vehicle Customization - Roba - 2012-01-03 13:08

If this idea would ever be accepted, I still think TC admins would make the pricing system better, so don't make the suggested price a big deal..

RE: Vehicle Customization - Malibu - 2012-01-03 13:15

Not getting accepted, and if it did it would rather be with restrictions than with Tweak..

RE: Vehicle Customization - Roba - 2012-01-03 13:20

Just as maliby said..

Been through of it in LTC, hate it.

RE: Vehicle Customization - KaraK - 2012-01-03 14:55

So you want TC to remove the CPW? As if that's going to happen.

RE: Vehicle Customization - Kayla - 2012-01-03 15:05

suggested before -> got denied cause of loads of reasons, one of them was possible abuse of tweak iirc

RE: Vehicle Customization - Josh - 2012-01-03 15:29

Seems too much like Need For Speed to me, huge no. Not to mention the fact it would work in conjunction with LFS Tweak.

RE: Vehicle Customization - McGherkin - 2012-01-03 16:58

I stopped reading after I saw the word tweak.

RE: Vehicle Customization - Felipe Jardim - 2012-01-03 20:11

(2012-01-03 15:29)Josh Wrote:  Seems too much like Need For Speed to me, huge no. Not to mention the fact it would work in conjunction with LFS Tweak.

Well i see TC tries to be realistic as possible when it comes to gameplay, and supporting the police whith their own private chat, laser detectors, etc. but police cars aren't your off the shelf road cars. They dont have a great amount of power over their civilain models but they do pack more punch meaning the whole thing should be conservative with the amout of power added, i mean you can upgrade cars in real life, it should be easier in a game right?

Quote:suggested before -> got denied cause of loads of reasons, one of them was possible abuse of tweak iirc

Certain servers out there have tweak implemented into their "car data" and prior to logging in you have to set your "car data" to be the same as the servers. Once in there you have different modified cars but as soon as you try to tweak, you get booted for unmatched car data, simple like that, no abuse.

It's something the team should try out, if it proves to be chaotic and ridiculous just remove it, it would be fun driving a UF1 With 80 bhp :lol:

RE: Vehicle Customization - Roba - 2012-01-03 20:21

(2012-01-03 20:11)Felipe Jardim Wrote:  Well i see TC tries to be realistic as possible when it comes to gameplay, and supporting the police whith their own private chat, laser detectors, etc. but police cars aren't your off the shelf road cars. They dont have a great amount of power over their civilain models but they do pack more punch meaning the whole thing should be conservative with the amout of power added, i mean you can upgrade cars in real life, it should be easier in a game right?

I don't see how police would benefit from that, as civilians could tune their engines aswell, making it unfair for both police and civilians with stock engines..

I would say Huge NO aswell with Josh.
And the tweak thingy is way too hard for noobs to understand, with the thing that it would be very hard for most of ppl to do, as everyone doesn't have LFS Tweak nor like they want to have it, it would just drop TC's server 'level' in my opinion,

I hope this get denied, and I'm pretty sure of it.

RE: Vehicle Customization - E28 - 2012-01-03 20:58

In many ways it is easier for cops to get faster cars due to them being rewarded whenever a fine is handed out, meaning they have more money. And police drivers are generally more skilled, so it'd be unfair to the robber if they are better in every way...

RE: Vehicle Customization - Jappe - 2012-01-03 23:56

(2012-01-03 20:58)Ryan Wrote:  In many ways it is easier for cops to get faster cars due to them being rewarded whenever a fine is handed out, meaning they have more money. And police drivers are generally more skilled, so it'd be unfair to the robber if they are better in every way...

Thats like saying 'i have no skills at all and i want a tweak on this server so i can pwn everyone with something i actually can't get done without my tweak, i am too unskilled'

RE: Vehicle Customization - Street - 2012-01-04 00:12

As much as I hate to say it, Karak pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

RE: Vehicle Customization - KennyAE86 - 2012-01-04 00:18

Removing the CPW means people with teleports, speed hacks, and stuff can come in. Want that? Gotta think of all the other hacks that come with tweak.