[TC] Gaming Forums
David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash (/showthread.php?tid=13962)

David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - BP - 2014-09-05 15:22

This is shocking, but I want to share it.

I was considering putting it in the 16+ section but I wouldn't deem it necessary, YouTube hasn't flagged it either despite receiving a lot of attention. Nothing gory is shown and it could be a message to everyone.

Before hitting play:

- Nothing gory is shown however the footage of the collision will be distressing - the bike rider died on the scene. There are also scenes which some may find emotional (his mother talking about him).

Further context: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bereaved-family-releases-shocking-video-4165719

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Warped - 2014-09-05 15:41

This is very scary, I have myself fallen several times and I know how it feels, but something this tragic.. Wow, rest in peace.

Everyone who uses motorcycles or bikes should definitely foresee something like this to happen and not just floor it away around the town. Best of luck to his family and friends.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Cola - 2014-09-05 15:54

Motorcyclists here have a pretty general saying; Don't trust any motorist except for yourself, regardless of road rules.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - SeanProdTV - 2014-09-05 16:00

the most thing i hate about this video , is that he actually waved to his Mom before this had taken place . i can imagine what his family has been though , rip

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Marty - 2014-09-05 16:14

Hardhitting video.
Just read the article about it, which says the driver of the Clio who hit him, was given a fine and had to go in jail.
In all fairness, I don't think the Clio driver could've done anything to prevent that accident from happening.
I think the speedlimit on that road was 45/50 kph, not 100, and driving almost 90/100 mph as a motorist is just insane. Not to say the car isn't to blame, but you can't just expect a smaller vehicle doing almost twice the speed which is smaller than you as well.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Bez - 2014-09-05 19:01

Speeding past a junction at 100mph+ is going to send you to an early grave. IMO he's all to blame doing nearly twice the speed limit in a 60 zone. The car turning would have seen the Nissan and then made the dissension to turn because he had massive amounts of space, maybe he should have looked twice but he shouldn't have had to if David wasn't speeding in the first place.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - BP - 2014-09-05 19:04

Reports say David was going 97mph (156kmh) which is WAY too fast for the circumstances. Hardly defensive driving at its finest. His need for speed got the better of him and with unfortunately fatal consequences. The car involved should've looked better but as humans sometimes it is possible to overlook something quite small hurtling towards you.

Very unfortunate but like with a lot of accidents, a lesson should be learnt for the future.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Spark - 2014-09-05 19:18

Sad to see this R.I.P David best of luck to all of his family and friends :'(

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Ant - 2014-09-05 19:24

now that scared me, it really did. Not only the big crash but knowing that his last words were in fear and after he hit the ground, he was limb. Not even sigh a sigh of breathe being heard.
Thoughts to the family, and i just hope this won't happen to any of us especially the ones who ride bikes in the TC community.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Spark - 2014-09-05 19:31

Yea guys be more Careful as all of us have same interests and even though we might have not seen each other in real life we do care! Drive Safe.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Matt - 2014-09-05 19:38

The fact she's released this footage is a great reminder to drivers. Bikers aren't invincible but they are sometimes invisible if you don't look. 2nd or even 3rd looks will avoid this kind of thing.

While it has been said the rider estimated to be doing around 100mph (weight of bike vs collision of Clio and distance/time calculations from video), looking is still a good idea.

It's funny when you accidentally do this to a UF1 but there is no such thing as Shift+P in real life.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Audiojack - 2014-09-05 19:45

As a person who never leaves the house without the thought of "I might die today" passing through my brain, I don't really understand what's so shocking. Human error was the cause of this accident as well and we might all be victims to it one day, I don't have any trouble with it if it's quick and sufficiently painless Tongue

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - BP - 2014-09-05 19:54

(2014-09-05 19:45)Audiojack Wrote:  As a person who never leaves the house without the thought of "I might die today" passing through my brain, I don't really understand what's so shocking. Human error was the cause of this accident as well and we might all be victims to it one day, I don't have any trouble with it if it's quick and sufficiently painless Tongue

Well, death isn't all that shocking, but the fact he got up that morning to live the day and never returned home, instead died in a situation which lasted for a few seconds, is the shocking bit. With that being said, it was only a matter of time someone was going to make a mistake so driving at that speed was always a recipe for disaster.

It's quite sad if you think this isn't the least bit shocking, even though driving is, I think, most dangerous form of transport.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Audiojack - 2014-09-05 20:00

(2014-09-05 19:54)BoyPower Wrote:  It's quite sad if you think this isn't the least bit shocking

It's not shocking when you expect it to happen to yourself at most times. But it makes me appreciate life on a different level.

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - BP - 2014-09-05 20:02

Fair enough then. Smile

RE: David's Story: Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Dracula - 2014-09-06 04:51

I think it's good you didn't keep this in an over 16 area, we learn a lot of dangers to us
at a young age, and in a community where driving is the main focus I think it's important anyone getting a bike sees these dangers, and what can happen if you don't try your best to avoid them.
Just my 2 cents anyway, I don't even ride bikes Tongue

R.I.P