[TC] Gaming Forums
New Blackwood Layout - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New Blackwood Layout (/showthread.php?tid=13973)

Pages: 1 2

New Blackwood Layout - Dracula - 2014-09-06 09:14

Hi!

Earlier today I was in a chase, and someone caused an accident with me which forced me wrong side on HW1.

This leads me to believe we need to have 2 barriers on all parts of the railing, because
the 1 barrier sections are useless, as to get through them you have to nearly go 90 degrees to fit through, meaning if you need to get through when traffic is coming towards you it makes it just as dangerous to try correct what side you're on.

Apart from that, I think the new HW looks very nice, and would like to say good
job to Pete and others who made/helped create it!

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Bez - 2014-09-06 09:18

+1 and remove the horrible railings they cause more accidents than the players do.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Mufflord - 2014-09-06 09:30

i would say not remove all of them, but a few here and there to allow you to safely get onto the right side of the road Smile

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Borja - 2014-09-06 09:45

+1 , If need to change the side very fast cat cross with 1 barrier.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Spark - 2014-09-06 09:57

+1 Also i have noticed that you cant Spawn !RB [Roadblock's] Other than that, Not bad!

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Makee - 2014-09-06 17:45

(2014-09-06 09:18)Bez Wrote:  +1 and remove the horrible railings they cause more accidents than the players do.

This.

I like the new junction thing thoughThumbup

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Olli - 2014-09-06 17:57

(2014-09-06 09:18)Bez Wrote:  +1 and remove the horrible railings they cause more accidents than the players do.
+1 For this. For me the road feels too narrow now, it's pretty hard to perform a pit from the left side of your suspects car. Also if you get pushed into the railings, it might be the end of the chase.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Yukine - 2014-09-06 18:16

The cental railings from the junction to Southslope aren't centred on few spots.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Warped - 2014-09-06 18:47

Removing the armco from both sides of Highway isn't necessary as a lot of countries have this kind of armco to divide lanes on Highways, and is realistic. It's also preventing these wrong side drifters whom I have met in the past.

What comes to the OP, removing the "holes" from the armco is impractical. What would you do if your suspect started to wrong side? Would you wrong side with him endangering the traffic rather than driving through the hole to the right side?

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Barney - 2014-09-06 19:01

he doesnt... he wants bigger "holes". look at the picture he posted.... instead of one of those barriers he wants two

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Warped - 2014-09-06 19:06

Then that's a new story. Misunderstood the OP a little.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Luke - 2014-09-06 19:10

Make them bigger, keep the railings. That's all I would request for otherwise this is an enjoyable layout!

It's incredibly difficult to squeeze through in the RB4, not so much the FZ, I can get through nicely with the FZ5 but the RB4 or the XFR has such a large turning circle making it hard to get through safely and cleanly especially with the size of the road.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Cola - 2014-09-07 00:55

I definitely understand your point, but why don't you just keep right to start with? Then you wont have the problem, and if you somehow end up going the wrong direction down HW2 anyway, why not simply turn around?

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Luke - 2014-09-07 01:07

It's not so much the issue of sticking to the right.. the Issue is suspect's in a chase gaining the advantage by using the fact that cops react slower than them meaning they U-turn constantly in these small gaps, making it hard for the cops in the chase to maintain advantage, and it's just a boring game of cat and mouse with these U-turns because the gaps just don't allow enough space to safely pass through from both parties. It's dangerous, I don't see why making them just 2 railings bigger instead of just the 1 being a problem. It's beneficial and not encouraging any issues more than it already is.

Apologise if this is terrible english, I am insanely tired lol

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Dracula - 2014-09-07 02:12

(2014-09-07 00:55)Cola Wrote:  I definitely understand your point, but why don't you just keep right to start with? Then you wont have the problem, and if you somehow end up going the wrong direction down HW2 anyway, why not simply turn around?

If someone is getting chased they're not going to U-Turn towards the cops IMO, they're going to be trying to get as far away from them and as fast as they can.

If we widen the gap, suspects/civilians can switch to the right side quicker and safer.

If I remember correctly, the Highway on the Westhill layout has this, so I don't see why the new Blackwood layout couldn't have it.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Warped - 2014-09-07 05:40

The gap in the northern part of Highway 2 on Weston Park is about the same size, yet nobody has complained it before.

What if when you needed to turn around, you use the grass area next to the road to turn your car to left and drive through the hole?

Edit: Thinking about it, from the real life - game perspective, in countries it's close to forbidden to make such U-turns in the centre of Highways, and supporting it we could possibly make more crashes in [TC] CityDriving server.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Dracula - 2014-09-07 07:09

I've seen quite a few cars speeding down all over that grass, it's still quite dangerous.

And if I'm thinking of the same part on Westhill that you are, that gap is pretty close to the SZ that you can easily U-Turn at safely, whereas the Blackwood railing continues up a fairly long part of road before allowing an easy U-Turn location.

And regarding your edit:
I can see where you're coming from, but I honestly think it wouldn't be that much worse than it already is.
Is there that much difference between the HW at Westhill in comparison to Blackwood?
Would you remove the 2-wide gaps at Westhill, if you were given the option to do so?
-Drac

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Luke - 2014-09-07 09:25

First off westhill is a much wider highway and its actually on a gradient so you have a much better view of other cars. It just works so there's little issues however with blackwood the highway is very thin and the grass isn't large either, infact there's even obstacles on the grass to avoid. It wouldn't be encouraging people to u turn anymore than we already are with the small gaps.

RE: New Blackwood Layout - KaraK - 2014-09-07 09:27

(2014-09-07 05:40)Warped Wrote:  The gap in the northern part of Highway 2 on Weston Park is about the same size, yet nobody has complained it before.

If you're talking about the gap with the posts, that gap is far from as big as one fence.

I don't see how this suggestion could hurt, if anything it would improve safety as well as gameplay.
+1

RE: New Blackwood Layout - Luke - 2014-09-07 09:31

I'm not saying remove the central armco as that makes the gameplay more enjoyable imo, i would just like the gaps big enough and sensible enough for cars to get through without major issues to avoid potential accidents. Or not there at all...