[TC] Gaming Forums
TAX / Insurance - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: TAX / Insurance (/showthread.php?tid=13975)

Pages: 1 2 3

TAX / Insurance - Spark - 2014-09-06 10:44

Hello,

I got an idea i would like to share if you don't like it than just say -1. if you like it +1 dont forget a reason too. This is my first suggestion for the servers to add more realism Smile and the idea is...

RE: TAX / Insurance - Edwin - 2014-09-06 10:50

-1 what's actually the point? Paying for services is enough.

RE: TAX / Insurance - BP - 2014-09-06 10:52

Spark Wrote:And you don't need insurance for UF1 because of the new comers.

Well, any new comer can buy the UF1, XFG OR XRG, so it would have to be all of those, not just UF1.

As for the idea, I'm not so sure.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Spark - 2014-09-06 10:56

(2014-09-06 10:50)Edwin Wrote:  -1 what's actually the point? Paying for services is enough.

More realism. Its not only the civilians who will have to pay, Everyone will including cops, Admins etc..

RE: TAX / Insurance - Makee - 2014-09-06 11:23

You are trying to add too much "realism". Whats the point? Its a freaking game..

Just no.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Spark - 2014-09-06 11:37

Don't Attack me Makee its just a suggestion if you say no, So be it i just wanted to suggest not to get killed with Negatives.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Edwin - 2014-09-06 11:41

Don't posts these kind of threads if you can't take criticism. We are not "attacking" you, we are posting our opinions.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Luke - 2014-09-06 12:18

And it's not TT that's attacking you, nobody is. Just a bit of a big comment by a member. It is a repeated theme over and over again that's all, where a lot of people just need to keep reminding others why these type of suggestions don't get considered into great detail. P.S Don't take things to heart, people can't show emotion through text.. it maybe exaggerated or sarcastic, taking a comment offensively all the time is a bad habbit.

back on topic,

No, it's a cops and robbers server that's been said many times. The idea it's self is not poor, it's just not needed/. There's no need for the extra "realism", people enjoy the cruising sides, others enjoy the copping and robbing side. It's almost as realistic as it can get, it is a game at the end of the day nuff said.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Bez - 2014-09-06 12:29

Wouldn't an ANPR system that detects tax + insurance a good idea for a cops and robbers server?

[Image: wutevr.gif]

I do like the idea, but it does need fine tuning so that we keep some of the fun aspect in TC's servers.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Luke - 2014-09-06 12:33

Now expanding the idea into a more practical use for a cops and robbers server like Bez just did has brought my attention a bit more Tongue

RE: TAX / Insurance - Spark - 2014-09-06 12:38

Well give more examples Wink

RE: TAX / Insurance - Blacktop - 2014-09-06 12:48

+1 from me, OP's idea is good, but a little rough around the edges, in my opinion. ANPR for the Police, and maybe newcomers (people joining the server for the first time) get the first month's insurance and tax free?

Possibly have the insurance and tax rates proportional to the car, like IRL?

Just my two cents.

RE: TAX / Insurance - TurboLag - 2014-09-06 13:11

How about this you can buy insurance in two places on tc servers and on the site ? Also the insurance goes up depending on how you are in crashes, cond etc but +1 to the idea

RE: TAX / Insurance - Spark - 2014-09-06 13:37

Yea I like your idea Jason / Turbo

RE: TAX / Insurance - Adorable - 2014-09-06 13:44

What if the robber escape from cops while they are chasing him ? Will he avoid it ?

anyway, i like the idea and hope this one get implemented

+1

RE: TAX / Insurance - Spark - 2014-09-06 14:01

If he escapes he is still gonna have a marker on him saying TAX / Insurance.

Poll has been added.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Blacktop - 2014-09-06 15:02

(2014-09-06 13:11)TurboLag Wrote:  How about this you can buy insurance in two places on tc servers and on the site ? Also the insurance goes up depending on how you are in crashes, cond etc but +1 to the idea

I don't think that'd really be effective, considering [GLOW] would drive up the premiums for all of us. Tongue

But really, making it crash-dependant wouldn't really work, unless there was a set quota of collisions. Below the quota you get charged lower, and above the quota, you get charged higher.

However, then you have to factor in crashes during chases, etc., as InSim can't detect who's at fault in a crash, which is a factor of insurability. Then you have the rammers who connect for the lulz, and go around drifting on the roads carelessly, and not apologising if they hit another driver.

RE: TAX / Insurance - TurboLag - 2014-09-06 15:11

Yes [GLOW] AND SO would sky rocket the prices for everyone ;P but i mean an independent premium for all, and yes insim can't detect who caused the crash but i meant with the sorry command when it is pressed 20 times in 4 hours then it cost more.

RE: TAX / Insurance - Bez - 2014-09-06 15:25

(2014-09-06 14:01)Spark Wrote:  If he escapes he is still gonna have a marker on him saying TAX / Insurance.

How about the user is pulled over they are forced to pay a police fine eg: 300 euros fine then is forced to update his/hers tax and insurance information. If the user fails to update the information (buy insurance and tax) they will be spectated and will loose their current trip. Then the cycle starts over again.

The cops could also have to buy the ANPR kit for their car/s lets say around 10k.

I think if Chuck could implement how safe of a driver you are the lower your insurance costs per month or annual. That would guide people towards driving safely rather than careless. (Also I want Nick's and Special's insurance costs to go through the roof Biggrin)

RE: TAX / Insurance - BP - 2014-09-06 16:27

Bez Wrote:If the user fails to update the information (buy insurance and tax) they will be spectated and will loose their current trip. Then the cycle starts over again.

Definitely not. We want to keep it realistic and fun, and not a sheer hindrance to the game.

EDIT: Well, that's my opinion. Others will probably think differently.