[TC] Gaming Forums
New stat - Safest drivers - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New stat - Safest drivers (/showthread.php?tid=1407)

New stat - Safest drivers - MoliskScout - 2012-01-04 11:31

Some kind of distance/crashes ratio.
Where 1000Km with 1 crash should be better than 100Km with 0 crash.
(I leave the math to you Rolleyes)

Alternatively / Additionally:
Longest distance without crash. A counter which simply resets and start over at collisions.

Up to discussion?
Being chased, cop in chase should get exemption?
No distance added to these stats, nor collision count, or clean distance reset.
Forgot about [Tow] they should get exemption.

Possibly:
Barrier hits count as collision to?
Sudden G-force changes(enough to cause serve damage) should count as collision to?

Edit : Tow

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - Josh - 2012-01-04 12:32

It would be a nice addition to the current stats of worst drivers/most crashes (no names...Speacial/Adseybear/Adam Rosenburg of UK), however with most of the current stats it wouldn't be reliable and it wouldn't give a true representation for various reasons.

It would be nice to see though, +1.

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - Stevo - 2012-01-04 13:08

Would be nice but would count as unsafe, if a noob crashes into you.

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - MoliskScout - 2012-01-04 13:13

(2012-01-04 13:08)Stevo Wrote:  Would be nice but would count as unsafe, if a noob crashes into you.

Defensive driving?
One could avoid many collisions by fore-seeing what is about to come.
It's not just about not hitting others, but also avoiding a collision which is about to happen by someone else mistake.

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - Stevo - 2012-01-04 16:07

I know you can avoid, but not all can be avoided

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - BP - 2012-01-04 16:09

Every stat page has its potential flaws.. +1 from me. Would definitely be a nice addition Smile

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - Josh - 2012-01-04 16:16

(2012-01-04 16:07)Stevo Wrote:  I know you can avoid, but not all can be avoided

It's the same with all of the other stats.

Worst crashers: Not all recorded crashes are your fault, therefore it is not a true representation of how many crashes you have actually had.

Cop/Robber stats/XP: Not all busts will be fair or down to the cops ability to bust a suspect or the robbers ability to escape, therefore it doesn't give a true representation of how good you actually are as a cop or robber.

This is why people shouldn't take them too seriously and it's why they don't earn you any gain.

I'd like to see this one as we have the opposite, so why not have this end of the scale too.

Josh.

RE: New stat - Safest drivers - James - 2012-01-04 17:58

We could use the 'Driver 1 has crashed into Driver 2 on Location when someone hits you at a fairly high speed. Surely this can be used a counter to show how safe you are ? This could also have at the end of: X has crashed into X at X [After 34 km] <- this would be the distance/time from the last crash of whichever driver the insim counts as the one who caused the accident.

Yeah often it is an accident but any accident needs to be reported to your insurance company right ? and of course, anything that could be called a crash would mean your insurance goes up etc (I think). Basically, the above mentioned (in this post) should be a decent way to count crashes that would be worth counting.

Yes I do know this isnt that accurate since light taps can end up showing as heavy crashes but there could be an addition on the forums that allows appeals to have the crash counter lowered so that means if its totally not your fault or even not at all, the bad point gets removed. At least from the viewpoint of the admins who would be able to judge whether both parties are at fault or not.

Also, here is my honest opinion. [TOW] really should become a right that is earned, not a given right, straight off the bat. Ive seen a fair amount of [TOW]s that ram/cant tow (this seemed to be just before the reset and a bit before christmas, its also why I dont do it anymore as I havent done it in some time) that could end up making your car a fair amount more dangerous to drive and even not road legal when you do get flipped over. When someone who has experience as [TOW] just might end up doing a better job of keeping your car driveable and road worthy when they flip you over. Another thing is that since the new system would probably count the [TOW]s rams towards the condition of your car. This just might end up giving another incentive to have [TOW] become an earned right. Just a thought.