[TC] Gaming Forums
Help me decide what car to use? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Help me decide what car to use? (/showthread.php?tid=14130)

Help me decide what car to use? - Sam - 2014-09-22 15:26

Hello,

I'm struggling to decide what car to use as my main COP car, I have the FZ5 and can drive it, it just feels heavy and does not feel very natural to me, I also have the XFR but feels cheap and cheaty to chase people in and takes most the fun away from it. I've also used the XRT but I've driven and drifted the fun out of that.

My two main cars to chose from are the LX6 (Feels really nice to drive, though it will be a challenge to pit people in) and the RAC (I've tried the FXO but don't get on with it at all). So what would everyone suggest I try/use? I'm open to suggestions of other cars too!

Thanks! (not sure if this is the right area or not to post this?)

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Val - 2014-09-22 15:33

Hey,

You should use the car that you feel more confortable with at the beginning, then it's only practicing.

From my side, sometimes I use the FZ5 if I'm on a lazy time and if I want to have a little advantage as it's a heavy & fast car, sometimes I use the TBO (XRT & FXO mainly) if I'm bored with the FZ5 Tongue but I can handle the others too.

It's really on a personnal choice so we can't really help you to choose the car you're the best on.

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Warped - 2014-09-22 15:34

Every car has their own pros and cons, as you may have seen (you also quoted some in your post). After a time you will see which car fits your needs and will use the car to COP on. I have fallen for FZ5 myself.

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Toni - 2014-09-22 15:39

Id recommend using the FZ5 over the other, cause it has great top speed and handling if the setup is done well, and it has the traction control to help not to burn your tires as quick as without it.

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Adorable - 2014-09-22 17:56

XFR is a bad choice, UFR is much more better for copping (Can turn do U-Turns very fast) Unlike the XFR (Broken H-Shifter lol) and you have to use reverse sometimes to do a U-Turn.

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Connor - 2014-09-22 18:23

(2014-09-22 17:56)RacerSS Wrote:  XFR is a bad choice, UFR is much more better for copping (Can turn do U-Turns very fast) Unlike the XFR (Broken H-Shifter lol) and you have to use reverse sometimes to do a U-Turn.

That's a broad statement there. I'd have to heavily disagree with you there. Sure, the UFR can be better in the corners but you have to be very careful with it, and the acceleration is not nearly as god as the XFR. Once you've mastered U turns in the XFR, it becomes second nature to just slow down and reverse U turn (effectively a J turn).

For my advice (and preference) I'd always have to go with the FXO and XFR. Thet're my personal favourites because of their immense grip over most other cars, especially with the right setup. Personally, I really dislike the FZ5 when it comes to copping, as you said, it just feels too heavy for my liking. RWD cars are more of a cruising car for me, I prefer using FWD to cop with.

But it's up to your personal preference; if you feel like the XFR is just cheating, don't use it. I personally don't think being in an XFR is cheating, it still requires skill to get around the track and hold it in the corners without oversteering out of it. Same thing goes for understeering into a corner, you've got to learn how to control that too. There are many arguments for and against this but I personally love the car. Smile

TBOs are obviously harder to keep up with the likes of the FZ5s but once you get more experience in them, you can actually keep up, provided you have the sufficient amount of backup. So, to sum up, if you want to feel like you aren't 'cheating' and want more of a challenge, I would personally go for the FXO. However, if you're more suited to RWD, go for the XRT.

P.S Sorry, I'm in essay mode at the moment! Tongue

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Mufflord - 2014-09-23 08:04

I must go with what the others say a bit on this one, my personal is the FZ, just beacuse it can take alot of punishment, you can pit anyone without worrying to flip or spin out yourself and you can still be fast in it with alot of damage, with FWD if you get to much camber damage on your front wheels, especially if you use a ffb wheel, it can be very hard to control your car in a safe manner, the fz has the highest top speed good high speed cornerning, can be a bit "heavy" ish in slower speeds like mentioned before but in my opinion the best car for copping, while being a cop the heavy weight of the car is mostly good as it is hard for your suspect to get a pit on you if you are ready to correct (same for you if the suspect is in a Fz5 aswell).

Just like everyone has said use what ever you feel best using. Smile

Side note: If you ever would like a setup made for you visit this link here:

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=14078

~Mufflord

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Spark - 2014-09-23 15:16

Well everyone said use whatever suits you more, and what you are better with. My one is XRT cause i have been with it since i started LFS and from then i always use it, i was racing with it on the TC Servers since i joined. That's why i have only XRT in my garage just don't feel comfy with any other car. But remember use whatever is more comfy for you, what you are better with and what you think is more of your style.

RE: Help me decide what car to use? - Sam - 2014-09-24 16:59

In the end I went with the LX6, I was two seconds a lap quicker in it than the RAC. Its a good car to cop in and you can pit people with it, but the main problem is boxing the car you are chasing, it just gets pushed away! So I think I'll use it but not as often as hoped, I think the RAC would have been better cause of the extra weight (shame its only a 5 speed)

Mufflord I'd be extremely impressed if you came up with anything that I really like for the FZ5