[TC] Gaming Forums
Ebola - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Ebola (/showthread.php?tid=14353)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Ebola - RedJohn - 2014-10-15 15:47

Ebola victims so far are less than 1000 ...

RE: Ebola - Byran - 2014-10-15 15:49

That what I am so surprised over that comment of 10000 victims. It can't be that high yet. But he still does have a point. It needs to be stopped before it is too wide spread and it wipes half the population off the face of the earth.

RE: Ebola - Byran - 2014-10-15 16:34

Well Obama waaaas coming to my state. http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Obama-to-Attend-Rally-for-Connecticut-Governor-278690341.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CTBrand

RE: Ebola - Makee - 2014-10-15 17:27

(2014-10-15 15:47)RedJohn Wrote:  Ebola victims so far are less than 1000 ...

1000?
Quote:As of 10 October 2014, 8,376 suspected cases resulting in the deaths of 4,024 have been reported.

RE: Ebola - RedJohn - 2014-10-15 18:12

Quote: It is not the amount of deaths from Ebola, but the possibility of the virus spreading
Quoted from the same article

RE: Ebola - Matt - 2014-10-15 22:23

Am I the only person hoping it becomes an apocalypse?

RE: Ebola - BP - 2014-10-15 22:26

(2014-10-15 22:23)Matt Wrote:  Am I the only person hoping it becomes an apocalypse?

Judging by the general sane to insane ratio on this forum, I'd say it is more than likely, yes.

RE: Ebola - Pipa - 2014-10-15 22:31

(2014-10-15 22:26)BoyPower Wrote:  Judging by the general sane to insane ratio on this forum, I'd say it is more than likely, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0XTBgXEY54

RE: Ebola - Blade3562 - 2014-10-16 04:12

Lol the best parody I've seen so far

RE: Ebola - RedJohn - 2014-10-17 23:29

Mysterious Tweet posted in July 30 2007
[Image: Screenshot_2014-10-18-00-23-31.png]

RE: Ebola - Kayla - 2014-10-17 23:45

And what exactly is "mysterious" about it? Somebody joking around back in 2007. Or maybe he works in a research facility (which is unlikely)?

RE: Ebola - BP - 2014-10-18 07:59

Ebola has been around since the 1970s, so..

RE: Ebola - Warped - 2014-11-03 19:23

X

Edit: Deleted the video, noticed it contains material and lyrics which are not suitable (racism for instance).

Well, to add something relevant to the topic, we've an Ebola victim quarantined in a Finnish hospital. Hopefully we don't get Ebola now.

RE: Ebola - Olli - 2014-11-03 19:42

(2014-11-03 19:23)Warped Wrote:  X
we've an Ebola victim quarantined in a Finnish hospital.
Is that a new person or what? I just read from todays news that the guy who was suspected to carry Ebola didn't have the disease.

RE: Ebola - Warped - 2014-11-03 19:46

(2014-11-03 19:42)Olli Wrote:  
(2014-11-03 19:23)Warped Wrote:  X
we've an Ebola victim quarantined in a Finnish hospital.
Is that a new person or what? I just read from todays news that the guy who was suspected to carry Ebola didn't have the disease.

You are correct. I didn't remember that, just saw a tabloid article popping up in my news feed - which turned out to be a month late anyway..

RE: Ebola - Borja - 2014-11-04 12:44

At Spain, we dont have any persons with Ebola Smile all are solved

RE: Ebola - Saphira - 2014-11-04 13:18

Ebola will probably go dormant again in humans, however he virus has an animal reservoir where it is alive and well.
Several 1000's of deaths have occured with this outbreak, but the strain could also be a mutated one, hence then number of deaths, and the problamatic containment of the disease.

Recent reports have suggested that Ebola is mutating as cases increase, raising the odds that the virus could become more transmissible.

Generally speaking, these kinds of diseases have a carrier animal(s) that don't have the same or as bad adverse reaction to the disease as humans. The disease is thus able to spread itself throughout the carrier population.
Eventually human interaction with the carrier will result in infection, which then goes through the standard "epidemic until it burns out" phase.

Forty years ago, Ebola was just the name of a river. It was a small waterway of no particularly sinister character that flowed through northern Zaire, not far from the village hospital where the first known outbreak of a new viral disease had been centered. That river gave its name to the new virus, and now "Ebola" is a global byword for ugly death, misery, and fear of contagion.

Behind that question are three others, less obvious, more complicated, and crucial to seeing Ebola in a broader context: Where did the virus come from? Where is it going? What's next? We do well to consider these questions even as we react to the daily headlines, urge our leaders to take more deeply committed action, and support the organizations (such as Doctors Without Borders) that are fighting the epidemic so courageously in West Africa.

Ebola virus is a zoonosis, meaning an animal infection transmissible to humans. The animal in which a zoonosis lives its customary existence, discreetly, over the long term, and without causing symptoms, is called a reservoir host. The reservoir host of Ebola virus is still unknown—even after 38 years of efforts to identify it, since the original 1976 outbreak—although one or more kinds of fruit bat, including the hammer-headed bat, are suspects. There are hammer-headed bats in southeastern Guinea. It's possible that somebody killed one for food and brought it to Meliandou, where the child became infected either by direct contact with the bat or by virus passed on the hands of an adult.

But just as worrisome as the virus's geographic spread is its journey across the evolutionary landscape. Is it mutating in ways that could make it more dangerous to humans? Is there any chance that it might become transmissible through the air, like the flu, the SARS virus, or a common cold? Although Ebola becoming airborne is the ultimate disease nightmare, that seems to be almost vanishingly improbable. What is now a fluid-borne virus attaching itself to cells lining the circulatory system can't easily change into one that targets the tiny air sacs in the lungs.

Will the epidemic spread more widely, igniting outbreaks in other parts of the world? We hope not. Will it turn up as additional cases, here and there, among people who have traveled from West Africa unaware, lets keep out fingers crossed and hope not!! but the outcome is PROBABLY.

RE: Ebola - Luke - 2014-11-05 01:03

They appear to be doing a reasonable job at controlling it. In places like the UK where lots of money goes into the health care system, you shouldn't be too worried because as much as they go on about it spreading rapidly, it gradually slows down as this spreading is mostly in the poorer countries and more work is put into controlling the situation externally. I wouldn't say we are well prepared but I'm confident today's technology and systems will be prevent a major outbreak in places like the UK as long as they keep the quarantine attack stable and reliable in other countries as well. I just hope they can focus on helping the people who are suffering :/