[TC] Gaming Forums
Send & Receive log for all players - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Send & Receive log for all players (/showthread.php?tid=14434)

Send & Receive log for all players - Carl - 2014-10-14 18:05

Been thinking about this..

What if one day you are offline, and you are wondering if you have been sent any cars or money? Or you just generally want to look back at the logs to prove purchases or for other situations.

Having a visible log of what has been sent or received to/from you would be fantastic.

Being able to view this from the forum may be a little tricky, or even on the web app. But you could also use an in-game command to show the last 10 items sent or received.

As far as I am aware, Admins can sort of already check this, but why not make it visible to the players individually.

Opinions?

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - BP - 2014-10-14 18:08

Well, we do have something like that.

There is nothing on there which would be a problem if people could see their own log.

Why not.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Pipa - 2014-10-14 18:22

(2014-10-14 18:08)BoyPower Wrote:  There is nothing on there which would be a problem if people could see their own log.

A small list within the insim would probably work, but i don't think chuck would be delighted if a lot of players check the logs frequently.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - BP - 2014-10-14 18:24

(2014-10-14 18:22)Pipa Wrote:  
(2014-10-14 18:08)BoyPower Wrote:  There is nothing on there which would be a problem if people could see their own log.

A small list within the insim would probably work, but i don't think chuck would be delighted if a lot of players check the logs frequently.

Yes. I guess there would be implications if that was being accessed too often.

Maybe the "player-version" could include only the last 20 logs, and only the relevant logs would be included, which are sent-received money, sent-received cars etc.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Borja - 2014-10-14 18:53

+1 , i like Nismo Idea

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Marty - 2014-10-14 19:02

Great idea!
Had to ask a TC Member to check some transactions for me while ago (were not frequent and not frequent amounts), which is annoying for us both, so if it could be made possible.. Smile

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Carl - 2014-10-14 19:24

(2014-10-14 18:22)Pipa Wrote:  

Why would chuck not be happy? But yeah just to clarify, you can only see your own log, nobody else's.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Pipa - 2014-10-14 19:46

(2014-10-14 19:24)Nismo Wrote:  Why would chuck not be happy? But yeah just to clarify, you can only see your own log, nobody else's.

Checking the database always takes a bit of time and it might strain the system a bit too much.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Byran - 2014-10-15 13:54

Pretty decent idea. Players can use this type of a system for proof in the car buying field.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Pinkz - 2014-10-15 15:03

+1 because... well... +1

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Morreboy - 2014-10-15 15:17

+1 and I know this is not about thread but a trading system were its log everytime you buy a car, so you put f.eks. 20000 into the trading menu, then he pick he´s car he wanna send then, when both have put in they click "accept" then no one risk to lose money or a car, then you get a LOG for your purchase

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - Chuck - 2014-10-15 15:50

If I was going so make such thing, it would be a part of some bigger web-interface, rather than just a homeless, random URL. However, that gonna be some decent amount of work, also with many Insim and database changes, which I'm not particularly thrilled about.

RE: Send & Receive log for all players - KaraK - 2014-10-15 18:48

(2014-10-15 15:50)Chuck Wrote:  If I was going so make such thing, it would be a part of some bigger web-interface, rather than just a homeless, random URL. However, that gonna be some decent amount of work, also with many Insim and database changes, which I'm not particularly thrilled about.

Couldn't it be in the same way the user lookup and VIN lookup work? Smile
For the people who want to use such a thing, I think a simple "Receiver" and "Sender" and "Car/amount" in a little table would suffice.