[TC] Gaming Forums
Security/Toll - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Security/Toll (/showthread.php?tid=14503)

Pages: 1 2

Security/Toll - Jimmy - 2014-10-20 16:54

[Image: k7NINRp.png]

I was thinking like have 2 cops as security need to pay to keep drive on road, have pay tax to coins... just an idea

sorry for my bad english today.

Administrator Message by: Ras

Made the title more appropriate

RE: security - BP - 2014-10-20 16:56

Like a toll?

Not sure, would get very annoying after 5 minutes.

RE: security - Dan - 2014-10-20 17:01

I think the idea of adding some sort of toll would be good and fun. It would need some thinking through, though.

RE: security - RedJohn - 2014-10-20 17:02

So If im chased i'll have to stop and pay ?

RE: security - Warped - 2014-10-20 17:02

I'm sure as a robber you shouldn't care to pay it.

RE: security - Kyle - 2014-10-20 17:03

-1. Speedtraps are annoying, plus a toll on top and I think everyone will get mad.

RE: security - Olli - 2014-10-20 17:05

Idea doesn't sound too bad to me, could be fun.

RE: security - Dan - 2014-10-20 17:10

If you don't pay it as a robber, then the amounts will accumulate for every time you pass through. This can then be added to your final fine amount.

However, would you have to pay it everytime you pass that section? I think it would be fair that when you leave the pits for the first time, you can pay to pass through, then that is it for a session of some sort. Until you pit, or reconnect, you are allowed through, as you've already paid for it.

There's also the problem of - who does the money go to - similar to that of speed traps.

RE: security - BP - 2014-10-20 17:12

Jim, is there a chance you could edit your OP to give us more of an idea what you're suggesting?

RE: security - Toni - 2014-10-20 17:18

I think he is suggesting a toll type of payment to go through, and if a civilian doesnt pay the toll pay, he can be chased by the cops and fined for not paying the toll.

Atleast thats how i understand it.

RE: security - Jimmy - 2014-10-20 17:25

yeah what toni said toll type

RE: security - Sebas - 2014-10-20 17:37

So we have to stop every lap to pay a "fee" to continue? Seems like something that could become very annoying really fast. The only places i could see an application where it could be fun would be on tracks where some "portions" are less used or that they could have a "paid" portion to enjoy that part.

RE: security - Dan - 2014-10-20 17:40

(2014-10-20 17:37)Sebas Wrote:  So we have to stop every lap to pay a "fee" to continue? Seems like something that could become very annoying really fast. The only places i could see an application where it could be fun would be on tracks where some "portions" are less used or that they could have a "paid" portion to enjoy that part.

For example, perhaps on South City (Sydney) the Castle Hill and Hillcrest Avenue area? It's sort of separated from everything else.

There's probably no point in considering all this stuff, unless there's some sort of positive input from someone higher up that this will be implemented.

RE: security - Sadie - 2014-10-20 17:59

You don't need to stop and pay, its may someone camping there and then chase you, problem solved you can drive past it. If your luckey the cop are eating donuts, and don't wanna chase you

RE: security - Spark - 2014-10-20 18:00

I like the idea, you win money by copping and you lose some by tolls. IMO sounds pretty fair. / Or cops can have a free entry.

RE: security - Carl - 2014-10-20 18:16

Who said it has to be a permanent fixture?

[HwA] could make this happen ;p with added insim features of course

RE: security - Borja - 2014-10-20 18:35

+1 . I like the idea

RE: security - Ras - 2014-10-20 18:41

Just throwing in a quick idea on top of this:

As Nismo said, it could somehow be something TC's can set up now and then. The received money from road users could then go to prizes for TC events, for example.

The general idea of a toll of some sort is decent, it's just a matter of figuring out a way to have it without it being annoying, but more like a fun feature.

RE: Security/Toll - Jimmy - 2014-10-20 18:49

Like if they are going to pass it and cops dosent se it then its fine.

When cop se you not paying they can be ticket also

RE: Security/Toll - Jimmy - 2014-10-20 19:17

+ on bigger maps like kyoto and montana, south city should have some tolls to acces higway and autobahn