[TC] Gaming Forums
Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? (/showthread.php?tid=14508)

Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Carl - 2014-10-21 06:18

I'm not saying every report is abusing it, but I see people make a single mistake and people spend time reporting them instead of educating them first.

Seems kind of silly, but is this just me thinking this?

RE: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Dracula - 2014-10-21 06:40

I definitely agree with you, people prefer just making a report for small things that don't really need such an overreaction, they could easily just inform the person of what they've done and save reporting for major things.

RE: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Frozen - 2014-10-21 06:49

Agree, people are not taking reports in a serious way anymore.

RE: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Mufflord - 2014-10-21 07:50

Yep it is abused, seems like some people just want to report instead of solving it ingame, they also take their time to report even though an admin is online? The question is can something be done about it? It is a game and we are here to have fun not to argue about some bs reasons, as i stated above my main issue is that people rather do a report than contacting the admin online at the time, why? Humiliate him/her? For accidently doing something wrong? I agree with you guys that most reports are valid but there are to many shitty reports taking up admins time that they could do better things with.. So i call out to all of you if you want this forum and these servers to stay up and not make everyone so tired of all the bs and leave, there are admins running this on their free time spending more hours making sure everything runs as smooth as possible if you still want this then please stop behaving like immature babies and do as stated above.

Luv Muff

Side note, this was written on my phone while eating cake in class :3

RE: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - BP - 2014-10-21 08:22

Note this:

Mufflord Wrote:Yep it is abused, seems like some people just want to report instead of solving it ingame, they also take their time to report even though an admin is online? The question is can something be done about it? It is a game and we are here to have fun not to argue about some bs reasons, as i stated above my main issue is that people rather do a report than contacting the admin online at the time, why? Humiliate him/her? For accidently doing something wrong? I agree with you guys that most reports are valid but there are to many shitty reports taking up admins time that they could do better things with.. So i call out to all of you if you want this forum and these servers to stay up and not make everyone so tired of all the bs and leave, there are admins running this on their free time spending more hours making sure everything runs as smooth as possible if you still want this then please stop behaving like immature babies and do as stated above.

Sometimes admins, including me, ask for it to be forum reported instead. Sometimes it's easier if:

- You've already got something to deal with (or otherwise engaged)
- You weren't online at the time of the incident
- There were too many incidents of the same report and would be easier to check when the reporter specifies the exact timestamps to review
- Alt tabbing to check an isolated incident on the replay will mean more users will rulebreak during that time (particularly if there's only one admin and a few trouble makers online)
- Probably other reasons which I've missed out.

RE: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Mufflord - 2014-10-21 08:30

I know you guys sometimes ask for it, but there is many people who just wont even bother contacting an admin about it on the server, i think i stated that talking solving it yourself is the best way in the end.

In the end all im saying (mean) is that report system is often abused and that it is in many cases better to either solve it yourself or contact an admin online at the time

RE: Anybody else think the report section gets abused? - Maverick - 2014-10-21 11:59

(2014-10-21 08:30)Mufflord Wrote:  I know you guys sometimes ask for it, but there is many people who just wont even bother contacting an admin about it on the server, i think i stated that talking solving it yourself is the best way in the end.

In the end all im saying (mean) is that report system is often abused and that it is in many cases better to either solve it yourself or contact an admin online at the time

I've been online on this server for four years. There is a huge difference between the conflicts back four years ago and today's ones. Imho today a lot of players are lacking respect towards each other, be it because of egomaniac trips or the classical cyberbullying scenario of "all on one" (probably they think they're cool or whatever). A normal conversation is pretty much impossible as people either don't listen or just ignore and continue doing crappy things. Well I guess, that's a natural evolution then that people tend to gather third-party feedback when the environment (i.e. discussion with concerned player) is not delivering any results.

It is a valid method to escalate conflicts, that's why it is established and working quite well. Just the fact that not every report results in a ban or similar, doesn't mean, somebody is abusing the report system (I didn't find any "useless" report neither). Furthermore the amount of reports on the forums is really little compared to two or three years ago. I think, that's a quite positive development.

Oh and one more thing: the servers are staying up because some people are willing to donate money. One report more or less is pretty much unimportant in comparison to that, in my eyes at least. I rather think, people would stop donating if they are being messed up by childish and abusive behaviour on the server without any possibility to report it to the admins.

Kind regards
Maverick

*EDIT*
P.S.: I do not remember anyone leaving the servers because of an invalid report or whatever. However I do remember people leaving because they had enough of annoying behaviour from different players (who got banned and punished later on).