[TC] Gaming Forums
Delivery Man job - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Delivery Man job (/showthread.php?tid=14743)

Pages: 1 2

Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-08 18:24

So first of all I want to say that TC lacks more jobs so thats why Im posting this idea. Im not really sure if all the features are scriptable but lets just hope they are.

Im suggesting to add only one job right now, which is Delivery man.

First of all, to get this job you need to drive to the job location and park there.
After that there will pop up a window which will tell you that the requirement to join this job is to have your total distance driven at least 500 KMs. (Not really necessary thought)
When you proceed, it will not show you this message anymore and you will be free to work as Delivery Man whenever you want.
If you choose to work, you will load goods into your car.
When you are done, there will be a location pointer on your GPS (or a marker on map) which would show you where to drive and unload goods to a consumer
There will be allways 5 goods loaded in your car and when your car is empty, you go back to job base and load new ones

Around every map there will be about lets say 10 spots which would be used as delivery locations and each time you deliver a thing, it will randomly choose next location, however it must not be closer than 500 meters (1650 ft) from you. (to prevent too fast deliverying)
As well its recommended for a Delivery Man to use specific skins for deliverying (Electronics, Pizza, Mail, etc..). Delivery Man has no priority against traffic, all road laws apply to this job as well. As a Delivery Man you dont need to wear any special tag.

For every delivery you will get 10 € and for every 20th delivery you will get a pay out of 200 €.

I hope Chuck will consider looking into this and telling if its possible to script this. (or at least script this in a simplier result)

RE: Delivery Man job - Stunna - 2014-11-08 18:38

No thanks, TC has always been the only cruise server w/o jobs & I like it that way.

RE: Delivery Man job - Borja - 2014-11-08 18:50

I never want jobs , -1

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-08 19:53

Thanks for your opinions, but to me its sad that you only want to cruise/CnR without anything else.

RE: Delivery Man job - Olli - 2014-11-08 20:03

I'm also saying a no for this one. Your idea was good though and you explained it nicely, However TC isn't a server which has "jobs" except from being a cop or a medic etc.

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-08 20:31

(2014-11-08 20:03)Olli Wrote:  I'm also saying a no for this one. Your idea was good though and you explained it nicely, However TC isn't a server which has "jobs" except from being a cop or a medic etc.

Well the point of this job is an alternative way to earn money than being MED/RES/TOW/COP. The next point is being a new job avialable. And as well a new way of cruising gameplay, aside from only cruising around, emergency services or speeding.

So I hope you get the point of this. Yeah I know that this server is probably known for mostly CnR an cruise gameplay, but if we added just one single new job, it would bring more variation to cruising gameplay and new way to earn money as well Wink

Forgot to mention, cruising can be fun, however what if I get bored of it after a while ? Then there would be a new activity I could do, which extends cruising to this point to point style job.

RE: Delivery Man job - UCMA - 2014-11-08 20:55

Don't like jobs, but if it would come at a moment i'd say it should be for people who have less than +- 500 km (beginners) so they can have a good start at the server.

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-08 21:26

(2014-11-08 20:55)UCMA Wrote:  Don't like jobs, but if it would come at a moment i'd say it should be for people who have less than +- 500 km (beginners) so they can have a good start at the server.

Well that restriction is just an idea, because for example to be cop you need way more to apply for the job, however if people dislike it then that does not need to be present.

RE: Delivery Man job - Morreboy - 2014-11-08 21:33

Go to WKD

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-08 21:55

(2014-11-08 21:33)Morreboy Wrote:  Go to WKD

Nah, this server is nearly perfect and by this suggestion I would like to fit the gap between nearly perfect and perfect Biggrin.

RE: Delivery Man job - Warped - 2014-11-08 21:58

Unfortunately every suggestion (that of similar to this topic) that has arisen were all getting the same negative outcome.

RE: Delivery Man job - BP - 2014-11-08 22:02

(2014-11-08 21:55)Venom Wrote:  
(2014-11-08 21:33)Morreboy Wrote:  Go to WKD

Nah, this server is nearly perfect and by this suggestion I would like to fit the gap between nearly perfect and perfect Biggrin.

Ignore Morreboy. Smile

RE: Delivery Man job - Bez - 2014-11-08 22:04

[Image: 2ur2ec7.jpg]

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-08 22:19

(2014-11-08 22:04)Bez Wrote:  [Image: 2ur2ec7.jpg]

Haha that made my day, but seriously I dont think theres any problem at all with an additional job which you DONT have to do. And personally I think there will be many people who would like to earn money by this job. (specially for newbies as well)

RE: Delivery Man job - Dracula - 2014-11-08 23:35

-1 from me.
It's not that I don't like your idea, it's just that I prefer the server how it is now.

RE: Delivery Man job - Adorable - 2014-11-09 03:26

I like the idea, but why not to make 'Weed deliveries' ?
And if a cop notice that you got weed he'll start a chase and fine suspect for delivering weed.

What do you think?

RE: Delivery Man job - Dowpy - 2014-11-09 03:30

No, please no.

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-09 06:22

Hmm ok, but whats up with this stereotype ? Its like you dont want even a small addition to gameplay.. :/

Or you may think it would bring a drastic change, but Im sure it wouldnt, because the money that you would get for doing this job is adjustable so a person doing this job would get much less money than a cop, because of the difficulty.

Quote:I like the idea, but why not to make 'Weed deliveries' ?
And if a cop notice that you got weed he'll start a chase and fine suspect for delivering weed.

What do you think?

No thats another thing which gives cops even more advantages.

RE: Delivery Man job - starter - 2014-11-09 07:54

(2014-11-08 19:53)Venom Wrote:  Thanks for your opinions, but to me its sad that you only want to cruise/CnR without anything else.

I dont like your idea too. For me its okay how the server looks right now. We are mainly having fun on cops'n'robbers chases, and just cruising with our friends. There is no need to have any more money earning features because right now there are ppl who have way more money than they need to have Wink

RE: Delivery Man job - Venom - 2014-11-09 08:02

(2014-11-09 07:54)starter Wrote:  
(2014-11-08 19:53)Venom Wrote:  Thanks for your opinions, but to me its sad that you only want to cruise/CnR without anything else.

I dont like your idea too. For me its okay how the server looks right now. We are mainly having fun on cops'n'robbers chases, and just cruising with our friends. There is no need to have any more money earning features because right now there are ppl who have way more money than they need to have Wink

Well true, but I considered this job to be mostly for new people.
Anyways you can lock this, got rekt by the most active players :c.