[TC] Gaming Forums
Westhill layout suggestion - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Westhill layout suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=1476)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - KaraK - 2012-01-08 12:36

I liked the spot for roadblocks though. Tongue

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - BP - 2012-01-08 12:41

(2012-01-08 12:35)Street Wrote:  If we have good drivers on the server then you have no need to worry...

Yeah, I'll get the whole thing removed right away

Rofl.

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Cola - 2012-01-08 12:42

+1. Great idea. Smile

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - ChrisM - 2012-01-08 12:44

The most interesting section of Westhill will now be gone. Why don't we remove all barriers and replace them with lines in case people crash into them too? Seriously, that's not meant in an aggressive/ignorant tone, but at the end of the day, Turkey's idea solved the problem. If people can't steer around a few barriers i mean what's the point...

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Pipa - 2012-01-08 14:47

(2012-01-08 12:35)Street Wrote:  Yeah, I'll get the whole thing removed right away

I crashed Brad twice with those tires Sad

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Josh - 2012-01-08 15:54

Surely the whole point of something like this is to slow people down. If people are still crashing it's their own fault and they need to slow down more. I really don't see why need to constantly be changing our layouts because some people find them hard to drive around quickly without hitting tyres or going on the wrongside.

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Turkey - 2012-01-08 17:01

(2012-01-08 15:54)Josh Wrote:  Surely the whole point of something like this is to slow people down. If people are still crashing it's their own fault and they need to slow down more. I really don't see why need to constantly be changing our layouts because some people find them hard to drive around quickly without hitting tyres or going on the wrongside.

Yes, Josh, it's supposed to slow people down and that's one of the other reasons it's such a poor layout design - it doesn't serve the intended function. The fact is, you can get though this section without slowing down at all in a lot of cars, but it's difficult to do and that's why so many accidents are caused. At the moment this section does nothing except create an unnecessary hazard.

The fact that a lot of people hit the tires or get jammed in the narrow area is a good reason to test something similar to what I've suggested. Accidents here are often unavoidable because traffic ends out stopping too suddenly against the small barriers (also blocking the way though) or crashing cars end out discovering their ability to fly, shortly before embedding themselves into the windscreen/roof of another passing car.

Doing nothing will not solve the obvious problem.

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Malibu - 2012-01-08 17:52

Yeah you could go through there at high speed in many cars Wink

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - BMW-gek - 2012-01-08 18:01

You mean like this? Thumbup

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Turkey - 2012-01-08 18:38

Hilarious vid xD

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - ZsoLT - 2012-01-08 18:53

lol :DDD

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - Make - 2012-01-08 18:58

+1 Good idea !

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - smoky - 2012-01-08 19:34

(2012-01-08 18:01)BMW-gek Wrote:  You mean like this? Thumbup

lool, dangerous tow...

+1 Turkey !!!

RE: Westhill layout suggestion - McGherkin - 2012-01-08 19:52

I remember when this layout was first revealed. And this is what happened when I discovered the new section.

Never liked this bit, but a good driver adapts to the road. A bad driver expects the road to adapt to them Tongue