[TC] Gaming Forums
The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Multimedia (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months (/showthread.php?tid=14864)

The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Carl - 2014-11-17 16:41

Quote:Jack Cottle, the man behind the wheel of the white Volkswagen Polo that drove onto the track at Brands Hatch during a race this summer, has been jailed for eight months.

BBC News reports that the judge told Cottle he had “endangered many lives,” and that his actions were “premeditated and inexcusable.”

The 22-year-old was filmed entering the live track by a friend in the back seat of his car. Cottle’s girlfriend pleaded with him to stop for the duration of the stunt, and after returning to the pit lane she had to be taken to the on-site medical centre after suffering a panic attack.

Cottle played down the controversy at the time, saying “you only live once” and that people had “blown it out of all proportion.” Police disagreed, and arrested him shortly after the incident.

After being released from police custody - and in an attempt to defend his actions - ‘Full Throttle Cottle’ posted the following statement to Facebook:

http://www.carthrottle.com/

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Pipa - 2014-11-17 16:43

Agreed with the blown out of proportion until i saw the facebook message. Seems like he needed that lesson.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Cola - 2014-11-17 17:09

Serves him right.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Blade3562 - 2014-11-17 17:12

Remove his testicles, revoke his license forever and band him from any race track for life. I remember when this came up before. The stupidity and asshattery this kid has is unreal. You are not only risking the lives of the people in the car but also the other drivers on the track and in the stands if something goes wrong.

He says no one tried to stop him. A they expect a crowd at a race event to respect the track and drivers so sometimes there is a "hole." You can't stop a race quick enough to get him off the track and this could negatively affect so many other things.

And when you brag about knowing how to drive a car you have no clue what you are doing. Most real drivers are modest and quiet.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Malibu - 2014-11-18 14:15

He definitely needs a lesson learned, but you have to understand that eight months in prison isn't nothing. And from the video I can't really see any weird stunts or dangerous driving, so ''endangered many lives'' is way excessive in my eyes.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Audiojack - 2014-11-18 16:14

That actually looked pretty hilarious, from that bit of footage I doubt it really endangered anyone because the real racers would know to make space for him (staying safe is more important than winning after all.)

That's a pretty weird and damn dumb thing to do anyway, but since he did it already might as well get the laughs out of it Laugh. Now please nobody repeat this action.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Chuck - 2014-11-18 16:53

Public nuisance charge, how lame. I'm facing dozens on nuisances every day, but non of them ever gets jailed, how ironic that they do it with the only one who actually entertained people.
I'd like to read the actual court verdict rather than the same two sentences which are copied throughout all websites.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - Kyllone - 2014-11-19 20:51

Hahahah, poor dumbass :'D

I guess thats a fine punishment then for this I mean yeah he wasn't REALLY endangering anyone other than the people in his car (or even them really) but it was still something only a ret4rd would do. But it's good that there is full retards that do this so I can laugh at it.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - McGherkin - 2014-11-20 00:11

(2014-11-18 16:53)Chuck Wrote:  Public nuisance charge, how lame. I'm facing dozens on nuisances every day, but non of them ever gets jailed, how ironic that they do it with the only one who actually entertained people.

Do you find it entertaining that his girlfriend is screaming and begging for him to stop?

Do you also find it entertaining that the race teams would have lost thousands of pounds because some muppet decided to ruin the race?

100% deserved the sentence, and will 100% deserve the civil legal actions that will be taken against him by those left out of pocket. And they will, there's a lot of people in motorsport that you don't want to get on the wrong side of, that he has got on the wrong side of.

RE: The man who drove a VW Polo onto Brands hatch jailed for eight months - FR4NOx - 2014-11-20 02:25

I wouldn't say he deserved 8 months of jail, but I do agree that he does deserve a lesson for being a dangerous douche who reeks of APD.