[TC] Gaming Forums
[REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Live for Speed Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. (/showthread.php?tid=14885)

Pages: 1 2

[REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Morreboy - 2014-11-18 15:29

Hello there. Im seaching someone who can make me this skin for XRT

[Image: Horton-Terrastar-Ambulance-in-Detroit.jpg]

Its an ambulance from Detroit.

If its good enough for me, im gonna pay you Wink

It shall be Private

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for FZ5. - Carl - 2014-11-18 15:54

The best person for the job that I know of is Ossi. He produced a cop skin which is similar to what you would like and can be found here Tongue

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=14300

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for FZ5. - Morreboy - 2014-11-18 19:47

Ok thank Nismo Wink

If anyone else wanna try give it a shoot you are WELCOME!

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for FZ5. - Venom - 2014-11-18 19:58

Gonna give it a try Wink.

EDIT: After spending 40 minutes of my free time I have good results, but its not done yet

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - kxait - 2014-11-18 20:05

(2014-11-18 19:58)Venom Wrote:  Gonna give it a try Wink.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Venom - 2014-11-19 14:44

So here is the main livery completed, I dont know what to add so you may add some more details like numbers etc yourself, or just tell me exactly what you want to add and locations of the details.

[Image: xrt.png]

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Howlin - 2014-11-19 15:08

IMO that skin doesn't come close to meeting the guidlines and even with the full thing completed i'm not sure it will.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 15:14

Whats it gonna Need Howlin?

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Venom - 2014-11-19 15:36

(2014-11-19 15:08)Howlin Wrote:  IMO that skin doesn't come close to meeting the guidlines and even with the full thing completed i'm not sure it will.

In real life its used as ambulance livery, so where is the problem ? Just simply highlight the problems that it has got. Im aware that it needs to look very obviously as an ambulance skin.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Carl - 2014-11-19 15:48

In real life, the skin would be easily visible due to all the other cars around it not having any kind of design on.

However on the server, you need to make it visible enough so I could be 50-75 metres away and be able to identify it.

Just got to add things and make it big enough to qualify for a medic car.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 15:54

But Im just thinking, People did use the Detroit Police skin on servers?

So cant see why this isnt allowed.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Pipa - 2014-11-19 16:05

(2014-11-19 15:54)Morreboy Wrote:  But Im just thinking, People did use the Detroit Police skin on servers?

Mainly this

' Wrote:4.4.2.a Traditional

It should have a solid base colour with large areas/panels of bodywork in a contrasting base colour and/or large stripes along the sides in contrasting/hi-vis colour(s)...

Large areas/panels were in blue/black in contrast to the white paint. Also the police writing was highly visible.
http://s26.postimg.org/57jcm75x5/FZ5_dodge_police.jpg

The problem with this med/ambulance skin is that it looks pretty close to the cop skin mentioned above and hardly like an ambulance.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 16:06

What if you make Blue and White stripes all the WAY around it??

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Pipa - 2014-11-19 16:09

You could try switching the blue on that picture with a red color. Shouldn't be too difficult and imo make that skin useable on the server.

(2014-11-19 16:06)Morreboy Wrote:  What if you make Blue and White stripes all the WAY around it??

I don't see how making it look more like a police car would help here.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 16:11

so change it like this?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjoUSTyJGUdywniOgWGfl...EFzjX9hKvg]

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Pipa - 2014-11-19 16:17

That would work yes.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Venom - 2014-11-19 16:37

So I added some features requested by Morreboy + star of life decals:

IMO now it looks epic

Quote:You could try switching the blue on that picture with a red color. Shouldn't be too difficult and imo make that skin useable on the server.

Gonna try it

Done:

(I currently dont have much to do so thats why the progress goes fast)

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Howlin - 2014-11-19 17:43

It does look a lot better now but I personally still don't think it's clear enough, I wouldn't recognise that as a medic skin from a distance. I'm surprised it's even based on a real livery tbh, although real life does obviously allow different circumstances to what the servers do with everyone using different style skins etc.

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Morreboy - 2014-11-19 18:02

(2014-11-19 17:43)Howlin Wrote:  It does look a lot better now but I personally still don't think it's clear enough, I wouldn't recognise that as a medic skin from a distance. I'm surprised it's even based on a real livery tbh, although real life does obviously allow different circumstances to what the servers do with everyone using different style skins etc.

But is it Legal to use on servers or not?
If not what needs

RE: [REQ] Ambulance skin for XRT. - Venom - 2014-11-19 18:36

(2014-11-19 17:43)Howlin Wrote:  It does look a lot better now but I personally still don't think it's clear enough, I wouldn't recognise that as a medic skin from a distance. I'm surprised it's even based on a real livery tbh, although real life does obviously allow different circumstances to what the servers do with everyone using different style skins etc.

The main thing which now makes it from distance more obvious as an ambulance skin is the actual color combination. As in most cases of real life ambulance livery, it use white - red color combination, which makes it differ from clean red fire rescue skin. So I think as it is now it actually is recognisable as a medic skin from the distance because of the reason stated above and now it clearly does not remind a police or tow skin, neither fire rescue skin in the distance.

However, if you have any idea what should I add/change, please tell me.

Offtopic question: Am I allowed to use a tow skin with main color being black with red - white hazard stripes ?