[TC] Gaming Forums
Increase slots - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Increase slots (/showthread.php?tid=15636)

Increase slots - Kriss - 2015-01-10 21:59

Increase the amount of players on Server One. so instead of 32, maybe 40?

RE: Increase slots - Toni - 2015-01-10 22:02

Useless to increase the slots when only 32 cars can be on the track at same time.

Theres server two to go on if the server one is full... JFYI

RE: Increase slots - Luke - 2015-01-10 22:02

Max cars allowed on the track is 32 cars. 8 people would be stuck in spectator mode if the servers were full with 40 people. 2 slots are reserved for VIP/Admins.

It will never be increased on the TC servers as it's pointless. Smile

RE: Increase slots - Val - 2015-01-10 22:02

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=2138

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=9792

RE: Increase slots - Sadie - 2015-01-10 22:53

If people stuck on "server is full" message on tc one, and actually joined two, the two would be full alot xP

RE: Increase slots - Stephen - 2015-01-11 00:33

There's a limit of 32 cars on track at a time, if we make them 40 slots then people will complain they can't play on the server. We can't increase the 32 car limit, part of lfs.

RE: Increase slots - Connor - 2015-01-11 01:34

Pretty sure you made the exact same thread last year?

http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=11806

RE: Increase slots - KaraK - 2015-01-11 08:26

Why do people keep suggesting this

RE: Increase slots - Dino - 2015-01-11 09:04

LFS developers should change that if possibru, would be probably more fun with 40 cars on the track. Will be even harder for chases and easier to escape.

RE: Increase slots - Venom - 2015-01-12 19:23

Yeah sadly only 32 cars are limit..

To those to say "Go play on S2", nah, I would rather jump off a bridge than spend time on an empty server.

(2015-01-11 09:04)Dino Wrote:  LFS developers should change that if possibru, would be probably more fun with 40 cars on the track. Will be even harder for chases and easier to escape.

Agreed

RE: Increase slots - Ph4nToM - 2015-01-13 00:18

Thing is if more people would actually log into S2 instead of fighting for spots on S1 it might actually get populated. But yeah...i'm guilty of that too.

RE: Increase slots - BP - 2015-01-13 09:18

Venom Wrote:To those to say "Go play on S2", nah, I would rather jump off a bridge than spend time on an empty server.

Ph4nToM Wrote:Thing is if more people would actually log into S2 instead of fighting for spots on S1 it might actually get populated. But yeah...i'm guilty of that too.

Exactly, if people try to join S2 instead of trying to get on S1 for half an hour, both servers have a larger chance of getting populated. Driving on a quiet server isn't even that bad, you can use it to either make money or do speed runs. Granted, it wouldn't be very good for chases at the beginning, but if some people are on, more people will join.

RE: Increase slots - Venom - 2015-01-13 10:49

(2015-01-13 09:18)BP Wrote:  Exactly, if people try to join S2 instead of trying to get on S1 for half an hour, both servers have a larger chance of getting populated. Driving on a quiet server isn't even that bad, you can use it to either make money or do speed runs. Granted, it wouldn't be very good for chases at the beginning, but if some people are on, more people will join.

Yeah true, but at first its gonna be boring. Also it usually takes hours for S2 to get at least 5 players, most of the time that S2 gets quite populated I see max 10 - 15 players online, but still thats not enough while usually half of them are AFKing.

RE: Increase slots - Mufflord - 2015-01-13 14:53

(2015-01-13 10:49)Venom Wrote:  
(2015-01-13 09:18)BP Wrote:  Exactly, if people try to join S2 instead of trying to get on S1 for half an hour, both servers have a larger chance of getting populated. Driving on a quiet server isn't even that bad, you can use it to either make money or do speed runs. Granted, it wouldn't be very good for chases at the beginning, but if some people are on, more people will join.

Yeah true, but at first its gonna be boring. Also it usually takes hours for S2 to get at least 5 players, most of the time that S2 gets quite populated I see max 10 - 15 players online, but still thats not enough while usually half of them are AFKing.

sometimes you got to do the boring stuff to get the fun stuff Smile

I will try to do what Bp suggested a bit more and hopefully more will follow, to get more activity and more people playing in general on the servers is probably a fun thing, right now server 2 it used to imo "cheat" the way to 1k kms, most of the ppl there are on to AFK during the night so they dont loose their kms.