[TC] Gaming Forums
Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB (/showthread.php?tid=15809)

Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Owl - 2015-01-24 21:39

Hi there,

It is becoming apparent that when people are OOB they are calling for a TOW and they know that we cannot access people OOB. I think that there should be a rule about calling for these type of tows. Because if we waste our times as RESs and MEDs and TOWs responding to these people who are OOB, there could be another call that could come through and we could be responding to a prank call or someone that is OOB, whereas that second call might be someone who needs the help.

Any suggestions?

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Stunna - 2015-01-24 21:42

Not a rule but rather a feature that when someone is OOB they can't call for a tow.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Chuck - 2015-01-24 21:58

Often enough people CAN be towed from OOB. It rather relies on the individual skills and teamwork to get the job done.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Olli - 2015-01-24 21:59

I don't really see a problem with people calling for a tow whilst out of bounds, as on most of the track's it's possible to get them saved.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Owl - 2015-01-24 22:01

Thinking about it, I agree with Stunna, thanks for your opinions guys

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Ph4nToM - 2015-01-24 23:04

I kind of get enjoyment out of helping someone who landed OOB with a big trip and i know how to get to him.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - KaraK - 2015-01-25 08:01

(2015-01-24 23:04)Ph4nToM Wrote:  I kind of get enjoyment out of helping someone who landed OOB with a big trip and i know how to get to him.

This exactly.
Honestly don't see why someone shouldn't be able to call a tow when OOB. Adds a challenge. If you truly can't acvess them, simply telling them should suffice.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Dino - 2015-01-25 09:47

How about you check where the tow-caller is located before u respond to the call? Takes 2 seconds or 3.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Luke - 2015-01-25 12:36

It is annoying when people do call tow OOB but as a few people have already said, it kind of adds to the fun in some cases. Yeah there's the odd person playing games with you when he/she is literally unreachable, but yet again, as said already, just give them a quick spec to see where they are and to make sure it's practical. It's not a race to the scene to see who can help him first (as most people as a rescue service seem to think).

In my opinion it's not worth adding to the endless To Do list. The suggestion wasn't useless though. Something could be made out of it if it's possible.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Owl - 2015-01-25 13:07

(2015-01-25 12:36)Luke Wrote:  It is annoying when people do call tow OOB but as a few people have already said, it kind of adds to the fun in some cases. Yeah there's the odd person playing games with you when he/she is literally unreachable, but yet again, as said already, just give them a quick spec to see where they are and to make sure it's practical. It's not a race to the scene to see who can help him first (as most people as a rescue service seem to think).

In my opinion it's not worth adding to the endless To Do list. The suggestion wasn't useless though. Something could be made out of it if it's possible.
Agreed

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - McGherkin - 2015-01-25 16:53

It probably isn't too hard to add a note on the end;

[GLOW] Special is calling a tow. (OOB)

Assuming the insim can tell they're OOB of course.

Or perhaps make OOB areas into pit zones. Then there's no need to call a tow and if the player has been knocked out of bounds by someone else's driving whilst on 999km then there isn't a big argument about compensation etc.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - BP - 2015-01-25 16:59

McGherkin Wrote:Or perhaps make OOB areas into pit zones.

Can't tell if serious.

RE: Suggestion - People Calling for a TOW OOB - Carl - 2015-01-29 23:17

You got to love the ramp and wheelie setups, it's all part of the fun.

I think it's fine as it is, but tows should be alerted that it is OOB, maybe a marker around OOB areas to it becomes a new location such as "Acme St"