[TC] Gaming Forums
Money income with MED/RES - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Money income with MED/RES (/showthread.php?tid=16424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Money income with MED/RES - Yukine - 2015-03-06 14:21

Hello, I have a suggestion regarding the income system.

When I'm responding to a call, I usually go over the civilian speed limit and I often ends with a "-40" on the money HUD. As we are helping, I (personally) don't find it fair to lose cash that way.

So I'm suggesting an alternative to that, like being unable to go under 0€ income while answering a call.

Thanks for your time and don't hesitate to share your opinions (without going off-topic, starting a world-war, etc etc..

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Sadie - 2015-03-06 14:32

Yes.. We often don't get paied for the job and i feel this kinda unfair when cops dont lose when their chasing people

PS: Tow should still get negative income since he are not supposed to speed with sirens.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Olli - 2015-03-06 14:50

Sounds like a fair idea.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Toni - 2015-03-06 14:54

This is one of the many reasons i hardly go on as a MED or RES at the moment, as its fairly annoying to lose money while responding.

Also, id like to see the "Watch your speed as a COP" made for MED/RES too..

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Aussie - 2015-03-06 14:55

I think MED/RES should get paid or something for there time to rescue some 1 as some times it can be hard to rescue some 1 and still get nothing in return only a thanks well that's my thought anyways

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Sadie - 2015-03-06 15:00

(2015-03-06 14:54)Toni Wrote:  This is one of the many reasons i hardly go on as a MED or RES at the moment, as its fairly annoying to lose money while responding.

Also, id like to see the "Watch your speed as a COP" made for MED/RES too..

11.1 Proper Behaviour
Med/Res must drive with care and attention at all times.
They are expected to behave in a professional manner. No donuts, burnouts, drifting, ramming, tailgating etc.

11.2 Road Laws
They are strongly encouraged to follow road laws, however this will not be enforced as strictly as for cops. If they fail to, they can be chased and fined by cops.
Repeated and/or excessive violations may be punished by admins.

So if we speed all the time, we can get punished by the admins

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Bez - 2015-03-06 15:04

Sounds like a reasonable request to me. Maybe we should add some fixed rules for MED & RES too since we have the ability to now suspend licences in days.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Chuck - 2015-03-06 15:31

You can still go a decent amount of speed over the limit without losing anything. If you're getting -40, I have the impression you're going way to fast. MEDs are allowed to speed yes, but not race.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Sadie - 2015-03-06 15:36

Just give a reason why they should not lose money

Cops don't lose money and they even get money if they sucsessfully finish their job. Med/res lose money when responding, not always getting donations and we have to be fast else someone else random comes and help him

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Sebas - 2015-03-06 16:40

(2015-03-06 15:31)Chuck Wrote:  You can still go a decent amount of speed over the limit without losing anything. If you're getting -40, I have the impression you're going way to fast. MEDs are allowed to speed yes, but not race.

I do agree with what Chuck said. However, Med/Res are sometimes required to speed in order to get to a scene in the most efficient way. If they speed too much they won't take into account the other players and may cause issues.

I think that removing the income penalty while speeding is a good idea but they have to remember to obey the law at all times. Driving 200km/h in Sydney should still be fineable by a cop.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Yukine - 2015-03-06 17:23

(2015-03-06 15:31)Chuck Wrote:  If you're getting -40, I have the impression you're going way to fast. MEDs are allowed to speed yes, but not race.

I something reach -40 at areas like HW2 South as it's a long straight road and there's almost no traffic on it. I always adjust my speed according to the road and how's the traffic (also using the minimap to anticipate their position).
There's no meaning of creating a danger while responding to help people.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Byran - 2015-03-06 17:44

I would say meds/res/tow are a privelage. Yes they were just made actual parts of the server Such as a cop. But keep in mind this is a cops and robbers server still. The fact that meds are now a actual job is amazing. They used to just be a role play. You don't need to haul ass to a call. Even if they're in the road you wouldn't need to floor it all the way to the job. There is other meds and civilians always helping. A flipped car isn't going anywhere you have time to get there.

In real life when I see a ambulance go by he is doing maybe 20mph over the limit if that. They are still safe drivers and slow down for traffic to prevent them crashing on the way to a actual crash or scene. That's all part of the job and makes you get to the scene quicker and safer.

I don't think meds should be excluded from losing money for speeding.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Sadie - 2015-03-06 17:55

Are we thinking real life now?

Who earns or loses money by driving (without getting caught by a cop)?

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Morreboy - 2015-03-06 17:56

But the problem is if we don't speed other helps and then it's really annoying as a rescue vehicle that their job just got taken

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Byran - 2015-03-06 18:04

So your saying Morreboy, you want to speed because you want the job. Or to be there first. It's not like they are required to pay for the service so rushing to be first is pointless. Even if you arrive a bit later you can still be of assistance.

Sadie, anyone can earn or lose money via speeding that is their decision.

Cops need to speed. Robbers are speeding and we won't catch them otherwise. We also have to speed to catch up to a law breaker. Meds don't need to speed like cops there is no logical reason. Unless you want to be on the job first.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Morreboy - 2015-03-06 18:12

Byran that wasn't what I tried to say

RE: Money income with MED/RES - KaraK - 2015-03-06 22:19

(2015-03-06 18:04)Byran Wrote:  Meds don't need to speed like cops there is no logical reason.

Try telling all the RL ambulances that. They need to get there fast. When safe to do so, you really think they'll stick to the speed limit and not speed to the scene?
Honestly I see no problem in the suggestion, and I think it would only be fair. Meds and res are now allowed to speed through the rules, why should they still be punished by getting negative bonuses.
Yes, I know there's nobody actually injured in the car, but it's freaking roleplay. The people in those other cars driving around didn't actually do something illegal, nor are we all actual cops or medics when we drive around that track. It's the game we make, and it's fun to have medics drive around like in RL, speeding yet still driving carefully, with their sirens blaring.
The only RP role we have that I think should still be receiving negative money is the tow. Med and res should be at €0 when speeding to a call.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Barney - 2015-03-07 08:39

(2015-03-06 18:04)Byran Wrote:  ...because you want the job.
Or to be there first.
...rushing to be first is pointless.
...Meds don't need to speed like cops there is no logical reason.

how about securing the scene? towing? setting a caution?
helping civilians and a approaching chase(<- actually helping the copss-n-robbers-server-aspect) to not get ruined by crashing into an accident.

+1 for the idea.
but also plus for the speeding warning like cops, when not on call.
mabye from over 10%(or 15%) and not right away like cops.

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Morreboy - 2015-03-07 08:45

byran. If people are dying meds don't need to speed?

RE: Money income with MED/RES - Frozen - 2015-03-07 08:51

How I see it:

MED's and RES's want to speed when:

- They do not have a COP license
- Their COP Rights have been revoked
- They want to feel like a COP without chasing a real suspect.

Imo, it's fine as it is now.