[TC] Gaming Forums
Unable to service my car - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Unable to service my car (/showthread.php?tid=16849)

Unable to service my car - BBRev - 2015-04-04 22:10

Hello TC guys, I forgot the email and password of my original account (neoman15m) so I just made a new one here. Yes I am Asada_Shino, or the guy who just likes to reverse the FZ5, /me waves. Lets get straight to why I am here.

I cannot service my car, AALNN FZ5 with 27.5% (and decreasing since I am still driving it). It says service is due but "service is unavailable". It is not an Easter car or discount car, since I have been owning it for quite some time. I first discovered this problem at 3000km mark when I tried to service it. I have been servicing the car at every possible chance e.g. every 1000km. Did I reach a limit of some sort? Thank you guys very much in advance!

update: I just bought another FZ5 ABFWY with 99.9%. It says service due at 1993.4km which is where it is at now, but when I go in safe zone it still says "service unavailable". I think there might be some problem with my insim profile that is preventing me from servicing possibly any car in my garage?

P.S. If you want to contact me, you would get a much faster response by contacting me in-game. Thanks Smile

RE: Unable to service my car - Borja - 2015-04-05 00:40

I think that isnt rentable.. if you service now,your car will die before the service finish..so isnt rentable paying

RE: Unable to service my car - BBRev - 2015-04-05 01:06

(2015-04-05 00:40)Borja Wrote:  I think that isnt rentable.. if you service now,your car will die before the service finish..so isnt rentable paying

I don't think I quite understand your response, but I just bought another nearly brand new car and have the same problem. Sad

RE: Unable to service my car - Bez - 2015-04-05 03:33

Since the insim has been updated you might have had found a bug. I will PM our insim coder (Chuck) and alert him to this thread.

RE: Unable to service my car - Chuck - 2015-04-05 05:57

Screenshot please.

RE: Unable to service my car - Borja - 2015-04-05 17:56

I want to say for an example (never know if it is true)
-Per service you can drive aprox 33% of the cond.
if your car arent more than 33% isnt rentable to service it

RE: Unable to service my car - Sadie - 2015-04-05 22:41

Borja: You can service your car if the KM to next service or what its called is low enough or as here "overdue". When a car is overdue the cond goes down faster instead of if you had serviced it.

A car can "die" even its 4000km (or even more) on its service thingy.

RE: Unable to service my car - BBRev - 2015-04-07 00:08

hi guys, I just want to say that I might not be able to provide a screenshot until tomorrow since my computer is now out of order. I will upload the screenshot of both FZ5s asap. Thanks.

(2015-04-05 22:41)Sadie Wrote:  Borja: You can service your car if the KM to next service or what its called is low enough or as here "overdue". When a car is overdue the cond goes down faster instead of if you had serviced it.

A car can "die" even its 4000km (or even more) on its service thingy.

That's the thing. I used to service my car every 1000km. Once it is serviced, the service interval resets to 4000km. I drive and drive until it says under 3000km, then I service it again. Rinse - Repeat. Only this time, I can't quite do that, hence the thread.

RE: Unable to service my car - BBRev - 2015-04-08 03:10

Here are the pics. As I said before, I used to service all my cars at the 3000km mark, but now these two cars are both past that but I am unable to service them. Thank you guys in advance Smile

[Image: mr3VVMU.jpg]

forum attachment does not work error 413, i guess image is too large?

Just in case I forget,

deletion link: imgur.c0m/delete/PkfiSMf5iBMmdxh

RE: Unable to service my car - Frozen - 2015-04-08 05:54

Hello

I asked it and you can only service your cars when there's ~20% of the service remaining (i.e 500km). Not a bug, its how it works now.

RE: Unable to service my car - Chuck - 2015-04-08 06:23

Nono, the opposite. Its the 80%. Example: If your service interval is 1,000km, you can do your next service after 200km. That part hasn't actually changed.

BUT: We've recently changed the car prices and also service intervals which is likely the cause of this discrepancy here. A simpl example would be that you've loaded your battery to 120% but the charger only starts loading after the load has dropped below 80%. We basically changed the definition of "full". Therefore you are able to have more than 100% right now. But that isn't a problem, your service will come. Sooner or later.

There isn't much point in servicing the car before the service counter reaches zero anyway. I mean you don't get any benefit, all you have to do is to avoid it to reach zero or your car will wear out faster.

RE: Unable to service my car - BBRev - 2015-04-09 16:26

(2015-04-08 06:23)Chuck Wrote:  Nono, the opposite. Its the 80%. Example: If your service interval is 1,000km, you can do your next service after 200km. That part hasn't actually changed.

BUT: We've recently changed the car prices and also service intervals which is likely the cause of this discrepancy here. A simpl example would be that you've loaded your battery to 120% but the charger only starts loading after the load has dropped below 80%. We basically changed the definition of "full". Therefore you are able to have more than 100% right now. But that isn't a problem, your service will come. Sooner or later.

There isn't much point in servicing the car before the service counter reaches zero anyway. I mean you don't get any benefit, all you have to do is to avoid it to reach zero or your car will wear out faster.

I see. Thank you guys so much.Cheers Smile