[TC] Gaming Forums
Police Laser - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Police Laser (/showthread.php?tid=16886)

Police Laser - Otava - 2015-04-07 05:17

if you caught sppeder with the Cop but only yellow ball and go to warning him/her, you do not have the proof, because laser ignores yellow ball even if it is biggest speed you laser. So my idea is that if biggest speed you get him/her is yellow ball, laser would save it as a proof for warnings. I have not been in trouble because of it but many people want to see it.

RE: Police Laser - Sebas - 2015-04-07 05:51

I always wondered why !Laser doesnt record the speed unless its over the limit. It could be useful as Otava said when giving warnings.

That's a +1 from me.

RE: Police Laser - Olli - 2015-04-07 06:27

In my opinion it isn't really necessary to stop every person who passes your car just to give them a warning.

RE: Police Laser - Spark - 2015-04-07 07:18

Totally agreed with Olli, you can't fine a person when you clock someone with a yellow Circle which is pointless as you don't get anything from it.

RE: Police Laser - Carl - 2015-04-07 07:18

It is indeed a useful suggestion, however I just stop them and tell them to take it easy without having to provide proof.

+1 although this is not top priority.

RE: Police Laser - Connor - 2015-04-07 08:26

I wouldn't have it implemented. There's no need for that because as it is just a warning, they usually just take it and say "Okay Officer" and off they go. They never need any proof when it's only a warning.

RE: Police Laser - Luke - 2015-04-07 09:14

In my opinion because you wouldn't be fining them, the proof is not needed, you're just telling the to keep their speed down because they are coming close to being fined by passing the limit, by which case you need proof. So there's not much point implementing this or if so it's definitely not a priority.

RE: Police Laser - Thomas - 2015-04-07 10:12

Another fault in the current system, is that it is impossible to provide evidence for when a suspect is driving too slow on a highway (less than 30 kmh)

RE: Police Laser - BP - 2015-04-07 10:14

(2015-04-07 10:12)Thomas Wrote:  Another fault in the current system, is that it is impossible to provide evidence for when a suspect is driving too slow on a highway (less than 30 kmh)

It would have to be done in a way that it calculates HOW long the person has been going that speed, otherwise cops would go mental and fine people who have e.g. just pulled out onto the highway and are gaining speed (e.g. Montana).

RE: Police Laser - KaraK - 2015-04-07 10:36

(2015-04-07 10:14)BP Wrote:  It would have to be done in a way that it calculates HOW long the person has been going that speed, otherwise cops would go mental and fine people who have e.g. just pulled out onto the highway and are gaining speed (e.g. Montana).

Imo that's not really needed, it should go on common sense.
Unfair fine = refund request

RE: Police Laser - BP - 2015-04-07 10:41

(2015-04-07 10:36)KaraK Wrote:  
(2015-04-07 10:14)BP Wrote:  It would have to be done in a way that it calculates HOW long the person has been going that speed, otherwise cops would go mental and fine people who have e.g. just pulled out onto the highway and are gaining speed (e.g. Montana).

Imo that's not really needed, it should go on common sense.
Unfair fine = refund request

That's my thought. It's not as easy as "X speed when on Highway", effort required for something which is frankly not needed.

RE: Police Laser - Otava - 2015-04-07 11:17

(2015-04-07 06:27)Olli Wrote:  In my opinion it isn't really necessary to stop every person who passes your car just to give them a warning.

(2015-04-07 07:18)Spark Wrote:  Totally agreed with Olli, you can't fine a person when you clock someone with a yellow Circle which is pointless as you don't get anything from it.

(2015-04-07 08:26)Connor Wrote:  I wouldn't have it implemented. There's no need for that because as it is just a warning, they usually just take it and say "Okay Officer" and off they go. They never need any proof when it's only a warning.

To these I say that it would be nice still because many peoples want to see it and otherwise if you chase them and then they fail to stop and loses, then status complaining why chase, other thing insim could do is to show offence if it is speed and how fast he has gone. Also if 160kph limit, 160,8kph would not be even yellow ball

RE: Police Laser - Olli - 2015-04-07 13:02

Once a suspect has failed to stop, the reason why you chased him/her doesn't matter anymore. On an other hand, I think some cops might end up abusing this, chasing everyone even, if they weren't going more than one km/h over the speedlimit. Even in real life cops aren't allowed to pull over people without having a proper reason to do so, or just hoping that they'd try to escape.

RE: Police Laser - Dino - 2015-04-07 13:21

I've experienced it sometimes that I stopped someone for speeding close to getting a fine, he wanted a proof and after not being able to give him a proof, I've been accussed of just chasing someone randomly hoping that he will escape.

So indeed it might be a good idea to have
A: No recorded speeding offenses.
B: Slightly speeding in the "leeway" (dunno if its the right word)
C: Speeding - fined.