[TC] Gaming Forums
Westhill Open Map/Track - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Westhill Open Map/Track (/showthread.php?tid=17005)

Pages: 1 2

Westhill Open Map/Track - Boosted13B - 2015-04-14 05:01

I think that given the popularity of the map and the amount of open road that is available with it that it should be a permanent map. It (in my opinion anyways) is the best map to cruise on and I believe that it should always be playable. Now, I'm not saying that it should be on both servers all the time, but at least on one would be nice.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Otava - 2015-04-14 05:19

-1 Westhill would get annoying within few weeks and would want another map, my suggestion is to put Westhill more on Rotation thingy

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Boosted13B - 2015-04-14 05:31

(2015-04-14 05:19)Otava Wrote:  -1 Westhill would get annoying within few weeks and would want another map, my suggestion is to put Westhill more on Rotation thingy

That is why there is a poll option to just have it on one server, those who want to cruise on it will be able to and those who don't may go on the other server.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Sebas - 2015-04-14 07:14

Give it a couple more weeks and it will become as boring as all the other tracks.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - KooKoo - 2015-04-14 07:36

Keep it within the rotation so we don't get bored of the tracks. I like the system where all the tracks share the same server and rotation system.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Carl - 2015-04-14 07:41

I suppose having it on one server is a good idea, but keeping it in the rotation keeps it organised and is somewhat good to look forward too.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Dracula - 2015-04-14 07:41

I don't think Westhill will ever be a permanent map on any of our servers, but I imagine if there was enough public support for the idea, it may be possible to increase the amount of time it is on for regarding the rotation times.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Orangeā„¢ - 2015-04-14 07:52

When it first came onto TC Servers i was loving it, something new but after a week or so, it got very boring. Most of this is due to no road names (i know they are being made as we speak) Also for some reason Westhill doesn't show all the actual roads on the map only the main track and some run offs. Which is annoying so to speak.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Barney - 2015-04-14 07:54

due to the complex layout (race track, offroad areas, playgrounds plus best cruise opportunieties) it should at least get the extra week that got cut off blackwood.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Boosted13B - 2015-04-14 07:55

I admit, at some point it may get boring, but what made me want to make this post was because it felt that a lot of people enjoyed playing on this map and it was taken away before it began to get boring...

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Luke - 2015-04-14 09:35

We could tell people started getting bored of the context of the track on the TC servers because most people started pratting around constantly on the silly ramps. It's a nice track especially to race, chase and cruise on but not worth having one server on it. Best to keep to the rotations Smile

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Olli - 2015-04-14 11:19

I as well prefer keeping the normal track rotation schedule.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Toni - 2015-04-14 11:49

No.

I dont want to be forced to drive in the same track for the rest of my life.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Ph4nToM - 2015-04-14 12:11

As much as i like the new westhill, it would get repetitive. I'd keep it on a 2 week rotation.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Adorable - 2015-04-14 12:50

(2015-04-14 07:36)KooKoo Wrote:  Keep it within the rotation so we don't get bored of the tracks. I like the system where all the tracks share the same server and rotation system.

Thumbup1

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Connor - 2015-04-14 15:49

That would mean the other server would probably be empty considering the amount of people wanting to play on Westhill. And what's wrong with taking the map away before it gets boring? That way, you don't get bored of it and you look forward to the next time it comes around on the map rotation. And as the common saying goes: 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.'

And thus, if you take all of this into account, Westhill should stay as normal and rotate in the same way as all the other tracks instead of even being on one server permanently.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - BP - 2015-04-14 16:11

Westhill will be on server 2 for a little while as it was only on the stable patch for 9 days and it also gives us time to sort out the Sydney layout.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Pete - 2015-04-14 20:29

So the crux is you now have a choice, normal rotation or Westhill. It's a logical choice since Westhill is many, many times larger than any of the other maps.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Cam - 2015-04-14 21:43

Normal rotation for sure, I'm already bored of Westhill and I'm sure a few others are as well. A good map for cruising, not so fun for cops. An XRG with a modified set can escape quite easily, it doesn't call for much skill... After all, this is a cops and robbers server.

RE: Westhill Open Map/Track - Pete - 2015-04-14 21:48

Well now there's something for everyone. Rotation + WE.

This isn't permanent by the way, there appears to have been some confusion as to whether it was.