[TC] Gaming Forums
My Summer Car [Available Now] - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: My Summer Car [Available Now] (/showthread.php?tid=17015)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-26 22:12

Here's my project car so far, after two evenings of playing, hours on end.
This is literally just like my real life.

[Image: nKxbHQO.jpg]
[Image: D05Knhk.jpg]
[Image: F2dT6ql.jpg]
[Image: tAzAeMg.jpg]
[Image: 5lmvxCp.jpg]
[Image: lIxTN2f.jpg]
[Image: NzpeLr6.jpg]
[Image: BtvueV8.jpg]

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Carl - 2016-10-26 23:42

Love how you're building the engine on the coffee table watching TV lmao.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Stephen - 2016-10-27 07:02

The cringe is real..

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Make - 2016-10-27 13:13

[Image: ddad3b22598df04b6ad37cc90b57e4c3.jpg]

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Tibe - 2016-10-27 14:18

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to get the exhaust on? I get it "on", but it drops before I get to bolt it down.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Carl - 2016-10-27 15:22

If it's stable enough, try using the jack to hold the exhaust in place.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-27 16:59

put the car over the pit... or jack half it up with the forks

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Carl - 2016-10-27 17:57

Does anybody know how to clean yourself up? I can get the stove working in the sauna and I can fill the bucket but that's about all I know. There aren't many guides around just yet either.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-27 18:50

(2016-10-27 17:57)Nismo Wrote:  Does anybody know how to clean yourself up? I can get the stove working in the sauna and I can fill the bucket but that's about all I know. There aren't many guides around just yet either.

Yeah just have the sauna heated up to ~80ish degrees, fill the bucket, get the scoop and throw some water on the stove.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-27 21:37

just bought it any tips

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Carl - 2016-10-27 21:58

The Police AI are really bad. If they chase you let them get very close before you try to stop otherwise they'll just smash into the back of you and you'll die lmao. Speaking from experience.

Or try to evade them if you can handle the intense wheel shake over 100kph.

Before you start building, use your van to get supplies. Food, drink & fuel. There is a black diesel can which you should fill up too, it's located in the barn behind your house.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-27 22:54

yeah... managed to get the front left suspension on..

then went in the van eventually got it stuck and gave up.. found a cool model t rep though [attachment=963]

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Stephen - 2016-10-28 09:31

Press esc when you open the ticket, watch the cops drive off and see that your cash is intact Tongue

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-28 10:01

anyone know if you need the engine in before putting all the lower arms/suspension/brakes/wheels on prior to getting a rolling chassis?

i.e. can you fit the half shafts after the hubs are on, obviously should need to remove wheels to tighten the drive shaft bolt

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Carl - 2016-10-28 10:08

I started building it up to a rolling chassis first, you can build the engine up later I think. But I wasn't sure about the half shafts myself.

I just wanted to be able to push the car around first Tongue

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-28 10:13

(2016-10-28 10:08)Nismo Wrote:  I started building it up to a rolling chassis first, you can build the engine up later I think. But I wasn't sure about the half shafts myself.

I just wanted to be able to push the car around first Tongue

same i had jacked the front frame up first,

fitted subframe then brake lines then lower arm hub and shock assembly,

then brake disc

then thought damn i might need the half shaft in..

I may restart it and just go straight for the tractor shove forks under it and use it as a ramp

Not sure what you need to fit to the bay prior to engine install

Also when building the engine i put the headgasket on then tried to install pistons but it wouldn't let me.

In hindsight i may have been better doing the bottom end first prior to headgasket

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Sam - 2016-10-28 10:34

I built the whole thing without putting the car in the air, although I'd use the boat to go into town and buy lots of food (don't buy drink you can just use the tap) and the parts you need for the engine first, then I started building so I didn't have to keep going back into town, also take the jerry cans for the petrol and diesel and fill those up

Wait, did the game update so you can't build it just on the ground now? I see they've added a dirtiness bar which is a weird addition

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-28 10:49

not sure i just jacked it up straight away..

Its a shame you cant refurb parts prior to fitting them or can you ?

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Audiojack - 2016-10-28 10:54

(2016-10-28 10:01)Nathan Wrote:  i.e. can you fit the half shafts after the hubs are on, obviously should need to remove wheels to tighten the drive shaft bolt

You don't actually need to remove anything to install the half shafts, you'll just have to undo the center bolt holding the brake assembly/hub on. The half shafts were the second to last thing I installed, right before the exhaust.

I wanted to test the engine running without having it connected to the wheels, because I just wanted to make sure it won't run off on me if I had the gear linkage untightened or something.

(2016-10-28 10:49)Nathan Wrote:  not sure i just jacked it up straight away..

You can for example take an assembled engine to the garage and they will fix it for you, you don't have to take the full car.

RE: My Summer Car [Available Now] - Nathan - 2016-10-28 11:07

(2016-10-28 10:54)Audiojack Wrote:  
(2016-10-28 10:01)Nathan Wrote:  i.e. can you fit the half shafts after the hubs are on, obviously should need to remove wheels to tighten the drive shaft bolt

You don't actually need to remove anything to install the half shafts, you'll just have to undo the center bolt holding the brake assembly/hub on. The half shafts were the second to last thing I installed, right before the exhaust.

I wanted to test the engine running without having it connected to the wheels, because I just wanted to make sure it won't run off on me if I had the gear linkage untightened or something.

(2016-10-28 10:49)Nathan Wrote:  not sure i just jacked it up straight away..

You can for example take an assembled engine to the garage and they will fix it for you, you don't have to take the full car.

I meant making the parts look as new is that possible?

Id rather build the engine is the block goosed from the start?
does it need honed? or machined