[TC] Gaming Forums
Any program or something for PC info? - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Technology Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+--- Thread: Any program or something for PC info? (/showthread.php?tid=17018)

Pages: 1 2

Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-14 19:55

Hello All !

I were sawing in some games some information at top of screen wich says FPS , Cores Speed, Ram used , and some more things.
Is this working with a program , this info were showed by the game.. how it works?
Thanks Smile

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - TigR - 2015-04-14 20:07

GPU: the % is how much the different parts of the graphics card is in use, and the temperature, then the fan RPM

MEM: Is is how much of the Graphics card memory is in use (?)

D3D11: FPS

CPU1/2/3/4: How much the different cores in your CPU is working

RAM: How much ram you use

I think that is pretty much it. Not trust it too much tho lol

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Owl - 2015-04-14 20:18

Borja, many games have this feature embedded into it. For example, Minecraft is F3 and it shows you all the "debug" information needed i.e FPS, use of allocated RAM, use of video RAM. In many cases, it is very helpful to know this information as it can give you a heads up to whether the you need to upgrade some components or see if your PC is good enough.

The best way to find out the debug info for a game, look the game up on google. For example "Minecraft pc usage information"

Hope this helps!

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Sebas - 2015-04-14 20:23

I'm pretty sure he meant "How can I get this visible on my computer?"

There's actually a couple of ways to do it.

The most easy way to get that is using Sysinternals BgInfo: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897557 It can show lots of informations on the desktop itself and it's pretty simple to use. Unfortunately, it's not THAT much customizable and i'm pretty sure it won't show up when playing a game.

You can always use applications like Samurize that customize all the aspects of your desktop. It's pretty much overkill but you can have fun with it.

If you use a pretty good Graphics card, most of them have the option to show said stats when playing a game.

As for this picture, its probably stats generated ingame like Minecraft for example.

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - FR4NOx - 2015-04-14 20:45

MSI Afterburner. This is the most common program for that.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ_lmMSqF4o

http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-14 21:21

(2015-04-14 20:07)TigR Wrote:  Snip
I know what it means, just asking how to get it.

(2015-04-14 20:18)Skoda Wrote:  Snip

Oh thanks , never know it

(2015-04-14 20:23)Sebas Wrote:  I'm pretty sure he meant "How can I get this visible on my computer?"

If you use a pretty good Graphics card, most of them have the option to show said stats when playing a game.
Yes , im asking this jeje Smile , i have a R7 260x 2gbDDR5

(2015-04-14 20:45)Kenwood Wrote:  Snip

Thanks , i will try it tomorrow

Thanks for all the answers

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Luke - 2015-04-15 01:56

Yeah the program I used which you can see in that screenshot was MSI afterburner Smile

It's a great tool to have to make sure everything is working properly. It also allows easy overclocking access etc.

To get the on screen display you need to make sure the parameters are set in the monitoring area of MSI. Basically make sure you select all the variables you want (like FPS, VRAM usage, CPU usage etc) as OSD. Set a hotkey and there you go Smile

The software also allows great screenshot (them shots were taken via it) and some good quality recording All for frfree. Does take some setting up and the video can take a hell of a lot of memory but does not take a lot of umph out of your Gpu meaning you keep your frame rate quite stable during a recordin.

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Val - 2015-04-15 12:48

Maybe it's not exactly what you're looking for but I'm using Open Hardware Monitor, it shows you the temp of each PC component, the fan speed, voltages, load... It's completely free.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-15 13:06

I will start with MSI afterburner program, and then will test your one Vale , im staling the first one and going to see the video..

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-15 13:30

I were testing and configurating it a bit.. and see something bad ( or at least , i think ). My cpu is an I3 550 , 4CPUs , and get 100º at all cores , and were working at full , and never think that LFS need more than 50% of the work in core.. is this normal?Is anything working bad?
[Image: 552e679c6d0c2-LFS_2015_04_15_15_27_28_673.png]

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Bez - 2015-04-15 13:41

100 degrees for a CPU is really hot lol. Clean out your heatsink and make sure your fans free from any wires.

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Luke - 2015-04-15 14:42

I'm really surprised your computer isn't blue screening or shutting down. That's waay too hot for a CPU that's more of a thermal paste issue. Do what Bez said and if it's still too hot take the sink off and replace the thermal paste and make sure it's put on properly.

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-15 16:05

Uf , some days back were having to close , chorme,spoty,and some other programs becuase i were having lag at some games like this...
I have all cleaned , so it will be a problem with thermal paste. I dont have , so,i will buy some..

Thanks for the answer Smile , i will coment if it solve Smile

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Luke - 2015-04-15 16:26

If you don't have enough ram, you won't be able to have applications like Spotify or Google chrome running, because your CPU can't use the memory needed meaning it's bottlenecked and overworking which doesn't help the heat issue.

If it's still too hot with fresh thermal paste, the heat sink and fans obviously not good enough for the games you're playing Tongue

Hope the temperature comes down a bit Smile

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-15 16:50

I have 4GB of ram , i will update my pc this summer , but for the moment.. wasnt bad 4gb..
Never want to imagine how the CPU will go when i play GTA (if i can play... )

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Val - 2015-04-15 16:59

You must be lucky that it is still working... my maximal temp (CPU) is 49°C today, at the time I'm writing this message it's 42°C, CPU load around 20%. LFS, Spotify, Skype, Teamspeak, a few webpages, steam & origin are the programs opened, but doesn't matter Tongue

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Luke - 2015-04-15 17:02

You won't be able to play GTA if you are getting them stats on LFS Tongue

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Borja - 2015-04-15 17:30

(2015-04-15 16:59)Valentin Wrote:  You must be lucky that it is still working... my maximal temp (CPU) is 49°C today, at the time I'm writing this message it's 42°C, CPU load around 20%. LFS, Spotify, Skype, Teamspeak, a few webpages, steam & origin are the programs opened, but doesn't matter Tongue

I think its working like this from christmas +/-.... so yes , im lucky. I can cook some eggs at my CPU jaja
[Image: giphy.gif]
(2015-04-15 17:02)Luke Wrote:  You won't be able to play GTA if you are getting them stats on LFS Tongue

But i will be able to play if i fix it , no Sad? Im downloading it...

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Luke - 2015-04-15 17:35

You should be able too yes, but at the moment, you will fry your CPU Tongue

RE: Any program or something for PC info? - Fast 4 Nitro - 2015-04-16 17:51

I use Speccy to see temperatures and system information: https://www.piriform.com/speccy