[TC] Gaming Forums
Cops with high ping! - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Cops with high ping! (/showthread.php?tid=17102)

Cops with high ping! - sergcool - 2015-04-21 23:28

Hey Smile. Recently I been in couple of chases. (I was chased). One of the cops had very high ping 350+. i believe he was from Saudi Arabia. With other cops it was all good. Every time the cop that lagged came in contact with me, he blasted me across the track, all he says is "sorry lag". Until he hit me couple of more times and my car was not drivable anymore. Due to his lag I lost the chase.

I was just thinking, if there would be anyway to implement into the insim system so that players with 300+ ping who want to be [COP], will not be allowed to go on duty, for safety of other drivers.
Have the insim read the ping or something. Just an idea Smile

RE: Cops with high ping! - KooKoo - 2015-04-22 00:09

-1, some of us are not able to fix it anymore due to the distance, but in saudi arabia he can get good ping like around 100-140.

RE: Cops with high ping! - Pete - 2015-04-22 01:27

It's true that someone from Saudi Arabia should not be expecting pings of 350ms+ but if that is their usual ping then there's nothing we can really do apart from suggest that they hook up to their router with an Ethernet cable or stop downloading/uploading.

If their ping is usually better and this is a one off, they should really notice that and stop copping to try and find the source of the issue.

Not being able to help it is one thing, being able to help it is another entirely.

RE: Cops with high ping! - Carl - 2015-04-22 06:19

Some cops just don't care and probably use it to their advantage lol.

RE: Cops with high ping! - Frozen - 2015-04-22 06:32

Well, depends on how you see it

Their ping is high in comparison to yours > server

But for people of the same country they do not have any problem ( while chasing each other )

RE: Cops with high ping! - Chuck - 2015-04-22 06:42

Now that's actually wrong. As all packets go via the server their "bad" pings are added.

RE: Cops with high ping! - Barney - 2015-04-22 08:11

+1. really annoying. but imho its not really needed to code anything. common sense or a rule would suffice. i think its equal to ramming. when you ram someone even by accident you can be punished. lag is the same. it is an unfair advantage. as im very slow i get alot of PITs performed on me and already a ping of 130 to 150(kookoo, you have been told often) is high enough to get an advantage and spin me out where a normal ping wouldnt get me spinning into a barrier.

as a cop i've been told to not chase em if i have a problem with that lag, so i dont wanna be rammed by them aswell.
due to the narrowness of the new WE they usually dont get in contact alot with the suspect, but i think it might increase again on the other tracks.

RE: Cops with high ping! - Dracula - 2015-04-22 08:45

Seeing that I'm one of the people who also has a ping nearing 350 normally, I'll shove some input into this myself.

As someone with a high ping which can't really be helped too much due to my country, a big -1.
Implementing something like this would be completely unfair imo, everyone deserves a chance to play all aspects of the server, not just people lucky enough to have a lower ping because they live closer to the server and whatnot.

I'll agree it can be unfair sometimes, but I would also put forward the idea that it's the COP's responsibility to, over time, adjust the force they use to suit the lag, so they can reduce the impact a P.I.T has down a bit so it is safely done.
But completely cutting off the ability to COP for people with high pings is not a good idea whatsoever.

RE: Cops with high ping! - BP - 2015-04-22 08:58

If any cop has a spikey ping (e.g. 30ms going to 300ms every few moments) or a ping greater than e.g. 500ms I'd probably ask them not to cop.

I don't see any reason why somebody should have a ping over 500ms unless they're downloading/uploading. In fact, if anyone has a higher ping than they should, e.g. someone living in France having a 250ms ping, I'd tell them to fix it, if they were to cop.

If it's someone who can't help it, like an Australian cop with 350ms, I'd just tell them to very careful and use minimal force.

RE: Cops with high ping! - R.Fiets - 2015-04-22 10:16

Everyone have time to time lagspikes. Its up to people themself if they care about it. Message in case you have this spike is givven on your screen. True, sometimes its shown even without lag. I dot know, how its for people from far away,i this message is shown more often?! Maybe if there is added something like "be careful by contact!" end of "you are lagging" , might make people more aweare of it. By that I dont mean everybody will understand how serious might be lag or lagspike, but it has been told.

RE: Cops with high ping! - Luke - 2015-04-22 10:30

As long as the ping is stable like Draculas then it shouldn't be a major problem as things stoll work normally most of the time. It's spiking pings which cause the problems.

It would be unfair to stop people ccompletely. Just get them to try and sort them out but if they fail to use common sense and cause issues then report it if you have already confronted them about it Smile

RE: Cops with high ping! - Turbo - 2015-04-25 21:46

Most lagging cops can't help it due to distance but there's a minority who have things like downloads on while playing which also contributes to it.