[TC] Gaming Forums
Bridge over RB(kyoto) - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Bridge over RB(kyoto) (/showthread.php?tid=17162)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - GT4tube - 2015-05-05 19:09

Please server update that layout now!

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - Bez - 2015-05-05 19:11

Looks very nice! Does need tiding up alot, the random colours everywhere make it look messy. If you could upload your layout we'll give it a test run on events and fix anything that isn't needed.

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - kon4a - 2015-05-05 20:13

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'm happy you like it Smile

Layout file: http://files.fm/u/tavyogy

I made this using the existing TC layout, so some unnecessary buildings or ramps might have to be removed to fit everything and finish it up. Obviously, there might be loads of unnecessary objects in the RB itself, so see what you can do to make it better Smile I removed some objects and optimized some other ones to get more free ones, but it's anyway up to you to make it properly server-ready Smile Remember, that in the file, not all ramps have walls etc., so needs finishing before testing Smile I can try finishing it up, but I guess you'll know better what to do Biggrin

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - kon4a - 2015-05-05 20:43

By the way, please give me feedback after testing and notify me what you want to change Wink

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - KooKoo - 2015-05-06 09:23

I like this idea, so if your on the bridge you can literally go anywhere you want, but in my opinion i think it needs to get a little bit wider, if not then just add another one beside it.

After all, it looks sweeeeet! But as bez mentioned it looks a bit messy and a little tidying up will fix it!

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - kon4a - 2015-05-06 14:03

(2015-05-06 09:23)KooKoo Wrote:  I like this idea, so if your on the bridge you can literally go anywhere you want, but in my opinion i think it needs to get a little bit wider, if not then just add another one beside it.

After all, it looks sweeeeet! But as bez mentioned it looks a bit messy and a little tidying up will fix it!
If you mean the double ramps from the sides, then they are wide enough for one and a half car each way, making them wider would only cause people crashing all the time, as there would be more space to actually manouvre, therefore allow higher speeds, etc. As jumping cars is not what we want on the ramps, I'd rather keep it as it is, as it's ok to drive there with no problems Smile

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - James - 2015-05-06 18:08

The idea of having it barely wider than one lane is probably the best idea since most racers on [TC] are pretty darn disgraceful (often myself included ha!) when it comes to judging distance/when to over take.

Not to mention, drifting it wont necessarily be discouraged (I guess ? If someone who can drift well could confirm this) but it wont be for an amateur.

I really like how this is coming along. How about instead of a lay-by under the bridge, you extend it out into a sort of car park/rest stop. And possibly have somewhere for a COP to !laser ?

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - Nathan - 2015-05-06 18:43

Imo, you do need something to slow the traffic down through here like a quick left right or something, not saying stop it but having traffic going 150+ could lead for boring chases going round and round in circles.

also yes thats driftable, if i was doing it i would make it one big area shove some feature in the middle, two lanes and use the supporting columns on the autobahn road to slow traffic down and add realism not just a floating platform much like chuck has done with the bridges

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - kon4a - 2015-05-06 20:51

Agree for slowing people down, I think the bottleneck before the ramps on the left combined with S shaped armcos to transfer the lanes downwards could do with that. The unused areas under the RB would definitely need to be used as rest places, and yes, some realism needs to be added. I'll play around now and upload what I can make Smile

RE: Bridge over RB(kyoto) - KooKoo - 2015-05-08 12:46

(2015-05-04 22:50)drifter59ru Wrote:  [Image: d4e0dbed01bc.jpg]

https://mega.co.nz/#!eoEjzQZD!86UFk87gbkBQ0xwyIjz1WYi3uFm2NAB6llTMK00OvNQ

Administrator Message by: Bez

Merged your original thread with the one Olli linked. Please make sure you use the search feature before making new threads. Thanks!

I dont know why but this one looks complicated and its awesome, i tried it.

Try it you'll love it Smile