[TC] Gaming Forums
Richard Burns Rally - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Richard Burns Rally (/showthread.php?tid=17210)

Pages: 1 2

Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-04-29 11:45

Richard Burns Rally. What a game. If you really want a driving simulator experience this is the game to try out. The game was released in 2004, published by SCi and developed by Warthog with advice of WRC champion Richard Burns. This game is considered by many gamers to be one of the most realistic and difficult racing simulators.

The game contains a rally school, and a whole bunch of tracks and cars.

You can also get the RSRBR mod, where you get alot more tracks and cars. Including everything from the newest WRC cars to the good old boys in the 60's.

Here is a video of me doing a stage. There are loads of mistakes in the video but you might understand just how hard this is, considering i have been playing this for quite a while!

Enjoy..

The graphics are better when you play it yourself. For some reason Bandicam didn't like the resolution the game is running.

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Ras - 2015-04-29 11:55

I used to play it. It is extremely realistic and the ultimate rally driving simulator. Also the graphics are quite good despite it being 11 years old.

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Chuck - 2015-04-29 12:01

or Rallye Racing 97 Smile

(I love games with a year number in it)

Recommended by Walter Röhrl Smile
http://www.kultboy.com/pic/2911/

RE: Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-04-29 12:07

That is Epic Tongue

Back to RBR: If it wasn't for the dreadful pacenotes this would be my all time favorite game, no doubt. And Ras, did you ever get the RSRBR mod working? Also, we should play sometime! Smile

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Ras - 2015-04-29 12:52

I dont know if that was the name of the mod but i did have a mod that added like tons of cars and tracks Smile

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Sam - 2015-05-04 22:50

It was probably RSRBR, also Tigr, you can mod the pacenotes with different sets, I think I currently have Nicky Grist as my co-driver notes.

RE: Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-05-05 08:16

Oh wut i cant get it working.. Also, if anyone is good at installing RSRBR i wouldnt mind some help Tongue

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Sam - 2015-05-05 10:23

I'm pretty sure it comes ready installed as part of the RBRSR mod, but you can add more pace note mods into it, you just need to download all the parts for the tracks/cars and install the base program although I can't remember if you need to unzip the car/tracks packs, been a while since I've done it as I'm still on the 2014 version as I still need to install the 2015 version.

RE: Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-05-05 21:00

I finally got it working! Smile
Will be looking at the pace notes tomorrow.

Having a lot of fun in the Volvo 240!

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Bez - 2015-05-05 22:45

Tip TigR,

Use the revs up to 5000. Use the cars torque instead of the high revs. You'll find more car control and a cleaner rally if you use low revs and gears.

RE: Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-05-06 05:29

I know, look at the first vid Wink

I was just really playing around in this video too, i will most likely do another, proper one today!

But oh man, i'm so in love with this game now!

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Sam - 2015-05-06 17:22

Its much quicker keeping the revs under the redlight with the amount of torque some of the full spec cars makes

RE: Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-05-06 18:08

Some of the full spec cars yes. I'm not so sure about the "low end" cars tho..

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Mufflord - 2015-05-06 18:29

The car in the video is a volvo 240 lol, which most probably hasn't got a super specced specially built engine but more likely a B20 or b230 of some sort Glare. Those engines have the higher tourqe at the higher revs. Smile

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Penny_Menny - 2015-05-06 19:01

I'm playing RBR since years! But i play with the czech (rbr.onlineracing.cz) Plugin.. i like it more Smile You really should try the new NGP Physics, they bring new features, like RWD cars with working handbrake etc! look at youtube, there are many videos

http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7788

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Sam - 2015-05-06 20:46

RBRSR has had proper RWD since the 2013 version hasn't it?

RE: Richard Burns Rally - TigR - 2015-05-07 09:46

I think they have had if for a while, yeah. But the handbrake only works on some of the cars, but i am not to bothered about it really.. You just have to flick it more Tongue

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Mufflord - 2015-05-08 21:06

Me doing a stage on Rbr, BTB Sweden, Kippinge.

I have no clue why the video quality is screwed up.. Ah well. Smile

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Sebas - 2015-05-09 15:17

Can i play that game with a Keyboard or is it not recommended?

RE: Richard Burns Rally - Mufflord - 2015-05-09 15:24

I wouldnt recomend it, it is a hard game on wheel i cant even imagine on keyboard, perhaps on gamepad it would work nice.