[TC] Gaming Forums
Complain - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Complain (/showthread.php?tid=1726)

Complain - pandaman - 2012-01-20 13:53

Just minutes ago i was driving UF1,
[COP]P0lete (sorry, if i'm wrong in name, but i was unable to save replay, because i was kicked by TC member) clocked my speed at 110kmh, while it was speedlimit 100kmh, so he fined me 80eur.
I've recently read finelist, where there is note:
Quote:Note 1: There is a 10% leeway on speed limits. So, when the limit is 70mph, you can go 77mph without getting fined.
so i shouldn't be fined. I tried to explain it COP and TC member but they told i could drive 109! Than i was kicked without reason and possibility to save replay.
And... where is truth

RE: Complain - Ash - 2012-01-20 14:23

The cop presented a speed limit reading to me, which said 68mph iirc. 10% of 60mph is 6mph, so add them together gives you 66mph. Therefore your 68mph was over the speed limit by 2mph.

The truth is, the cop was well within his rights to fine you, as the insim also showed a red dot, which indicates you are committing the offense of minor speeding.

Btw i kicked you because you said:

Pandaman Wrote:than rewrite finelist cause its piece of sit

So you was indicating the finelist is a piece of "poo", you missed the H off within that swear word, so i kicked you, along with fining you €1000.

Have a nice day!

Ash

RE: Complain - pandaman - 2012-01-20 20:36

Man, that system wrong, cause as i said in kmh 110(my speed)=100(limit)+10%. I use metric system, so if calculate i'm right and COP, if you'll watch the chat, agreed. So you should understand and discuss the problem instead of kicking. But it seems you like kindergarten rules.
And actually no swearing. If you're adult person.

RE: Complain - Stevo - 2012-01-20 21:07

Maths example

Question 5 of 6

So if johns car was doing 110km/ph and the speed limit is 100km/ph with a 10% Lee way. How fast can he go until he gets a fine?

10% of 110 = 11

110 - 11 = 99

So with the lee way johns car would be going 99kmph which would be under the 100kmph limit.

The max he can go is 111km/ph

BUT
60 mph = 96.56064
So it would seem with the 100kmph limit translated it is showing inaccurate.

BUUUUT

68 mph = 109.435392 kph

The lee way is 110....

(information gathered may not be accurate but may not be used or transfered in anyway)

RE: Complain - Clockwork - 2012-01-20 21:21

The 60mph/100kph limits aren't exact conversions (100kph isn't the same as 60mph) so to be fined for speeding you'll need to be exceeding both the listed mph limit and kph limit. You're allowed a 10% leeway which means to be fined for speeding (coupled with the fact you need to be exceeding the mph and kph limit) you need to be doing around 68mph.

You can get away with doing 68mph, as long as you're doing 68.0. If you are doing around 68.4mph then you will be fined, as you are exceeding 60mph by 10%, and also 100kph by 10%, even if by a few tenths of a percent.

The leeway is actually there for accidents so the fact you were doing 8mph over the limit clearly shows you weren't caring about your speed. Your fine was perfectly legitimate.

RE: Complain - Pipa - 2012-01-20 21:53

Could we please stick to shit not being a swearword? I know we have to save the kids, but a lot of times you screw up you quickly resort to "oh crap" "damn" "shit" "cock".

And a lot of admins agreed, unless "shit" was directed at anybody.

E: 5H1T dat swear filter arg

RE: Complain - Chuck - 2012-01-21 08:01

(2012-01-20 20:36)pandaman Wrote:  And actually no swearing. If you're adult person.

If you were that adult person, you certainly would have found other words too instead of calling what we created a "piece of s...".

TC exists for many years now and its most likely that you will find contents which are not up-to-date. But I can say everyone here would appreciate if you point such things out so it can get fixed, in a mature manner of course.

It were calculations like you did above which caused us to change way of fining since common sense always ended in arguments on the server and forums. As Tom said, mph and kph cannot be converted without having terrible long, odd numbers.
So, the Insim does control now whether you was in the leeway or not, hence that particular clause in the fine-list is rather informational than legally binding.

RE: Complain - Josh - 2012-01-21 12:30

Sh1t isn't actually part of the swear filter, however it is still considered a minor swearword (in the English language).

RE: Complain - pandaman - 2012-01-21 23:53

I'm sorry for swearing, that was a bad day.
Just trying to understand the situation.