[TC] Gaming Forums
Some Boxing Tips for Cops - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Some Boxing Tips for Cops (/showthread.php?tid=1733)

Pages: 1 2

Some Boxing Tips for Cops - Tommer - 2012-01-21 00:22

I was considering putting this in the guides section, but i'm unsure it's of great enough quality to put there, but I figured I'd share this to maybe inspire some people or just generally be of use.

This information all about making ends meet, when it comes to policing, to be precise, how to end the chase in a method you can use over and over again and rely on it to always work, I can honestly say after being around since 2006 this is the most effective and neat way I've found to stop people and maybe it will help you too.

OK so the first thing to think about is, how do I get in the situation where I can box the suspect? The first thing that should come to your mind is slowing the suspect down. But wait! There's more!

A slowed down suspect facing forwards can push through practically anything you put in it's way, even if there car is lighter and has a smaller engine than yours, it can most likely push through you. Hmm. Problem.

The solution to this, is to get the suspect going backwards.

Backwards. OK, so if you're driving on a straight peice of road, you're unlikely to get the suspect going backwards if you PIT them here because they have the space to counter steer - Ontop of this, on a straight, the suspect has the time to see and react to everything you do because of the wide open space and are likely to hit the brakes before you can make contact - The suspect has mirrors too!

[Image: pitonthecorner.jpg]

Instead we wait for some corners. The best approach to the suspect is from distance, in a blind spot, and fast, so they have little time to see you move in. Consider which side the driver is on to decide the best corner to PIT on and always PIT on the inside of the corner - If they're turning into your PIT they are likely to end up going backwards.

Once they're going backwards Basic Training will instinctively tell you to get ready for a J-Turn Block, but this doesn't really come into use here, instead your vehicle will be used as a guide rail.

[Image: gaurdrailboxing.jpg]

You'll move into position 1 - Let me explain the beauty of this situation.

The suspect is unable to turn left - You're in the way
There's a big gap to the right of the suspect, but they can't turn into it - Why? Because if they try to turn, the front of there car will get caught on yours - You're now in complete control of where the suspects car goes, the only person able to do the steering.

In Stage 2 You'll guide them towards the gaurd rail - Cop 2 Will move in in front of the suspect even without reading this tutorial because it just happens instinctively to them for some reason, and I love this maneuver for that reason.

The suspect will most likely keep trying to outrun you in reverse gear because the other cop is blocking there front and thus you can keep guiding them to the railings. Should they stop completely you can do a little handbrake turn and just box them in the middle of the grass. But we'll assume the perfect situation and they end up against the railing.

Stage 3 - You move ahead of the suspect, and diagonally get ahead of the car, as pictured, changing between the brake and accelerator to stay in that position until they've slowed to a complete halt - and they will!

Cop 2 if he knows what he is doing will park diagonally in front as pictured - Why? If they park directly in front the suspect can easily escape by driving forwards whilst turning.

At this point the suspect normally panics and sticks the car into first.

This is stage 4. Cop 1 will put the car into reverse, and turn the car as pictured. Cop 2 will get pushed, and end up as pictured. Don't give the suspect an inch. Ta-da ~ Busted.

Note one other thing.

Once the suspect is stopped, consider your braking forces and how effective they are at keeping the suspect stopped - Which way are your wheels turned?

[Image: dshj.jpg]

I hope you found this little run through useful or entertaining Tongue

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Stevo - 2012-01-21 00:32

Excellent tutorial Tommer, 5 Stars Thumbup1

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Ras - 2012-01-21 00:55

Nicely written and very good pics Smile

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - J.Provost - 2012-01-21 01:40

Awesome guide mate. Thanks allot really helped Biggrin

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Turkey - 2012-01-21 01:52

Great advice, Tommer.

Although a carrying out a text book BOX maneuver as planned requires practice, some natural ability and a bit of luck too, it's by far the most sophisticated, safe, and controlled way to bring a chase to an end. IMO this type of BOX in particular is very good for busting the slippery and tactical suspects. Probably because it involves taking away their directional control and then enables you to guide them to an area where they're very disadvantaged.

Tips:

If you're car is able to drive over sand, that's probably one of the best places you can guide you're suspect because it will slow the suspect down and wheel spin will prevent the suspect pushing their way out. Grass is also good.

Also try not to direct the suspect to harshly into the wall as this may break the forming BOX, spin you, or damage your car.

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Tommer - 2012-01-21 02:19

(2012-01-21 01:52)Turkey Wrote:  Tips:

If you're car is able to drive over sand, that's probably one of the best places you can guide you're suspect because it will slow the suspect down and wheel spin will prevent the suspect pushing their way out. Grass is also good.

Also try not to direct the suspect to harshly into the wall as this may break the forming BOX, spin you, or damage your car.

Absolutely agree, especially the second part - The key error I or sometimes other cops make is to continue pushing the suspect as they come into contact with the wall - Remember Newton's Law's Kids, expect to be bounced away like a tennis ball if you stick to the suspect as he comes into contact with the wall, a little gap will do just for those split moments and then you can come into contact with their side again Smile

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - KaraK - 2012-01-21 08:58

Love it Tommer, hope it'll help cops who don't know how to box Tongue

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - ZsoLT - 2012-01-21 11:18

Great tutorial! Smile

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Nipper - 2012-01-26 02:41

(2012-01-21 02:19)Tommer Wrote:  Remember Newton's Law's Kids

You're a kid?

Silly kids. Calling people kids.

Remember kids, only use the term kid when you ain't a kid.

(Hey everyone btw. Just passing through, see you again next time I pass through.)

Administrator Message by: Josh

Don't bother dragging a thread off-topic again.

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Knight - 2012-01-26 06:29

Wow, what a comment nipper. Stop in for 30 seconds of your life and you have nothing nice to say.

Looks like your life goal is to be miserable and try and make others.

Great Tutorial!!!

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Tommer - 2012-01-26 07:48

(2012-01-26 02:41)Nipper Wrote:  
(2012-01-21 02:19)Tommer Wrote:  Remember Newton's Law's Kids

You're a kid?

Silly kids. Calling people kids.

Remember kids, only use the term kid when you ain't a kid.

(Hey everyone btw. Just passing through, see you again next time I pass through.)

Gee ease up, wasn't meant as calling names. Why would I want to offend a large audience? O.o

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Turkey - 2012-01-26 13:37

Lol. I think you were joking, Nipper? Or is it just that time of the month?

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Knight - 2012-01-27 10:29

Its always his time of the month, Its just a constant period.

Or a douchebag either.

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Bez - 2012-01-27 14:44

Very nice guide Tommer ;D

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Roba - 2012-01-27 16:39

(2012-01-27 10:29)Knight Wrote:  Its always his time of the month, Its just a constant period.

Or a douchebag either.

No need to be mean against him tho Wink

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - KaraK - 2012-01-27 17:14

(2012-01-27 16:39)Roba Wrote:  
(2012-01-27 10:29)Knight Wrote:  Its always his time of the month, Its just a constant period.

Or a douchebag either.

No need to be mean against him tho Wink

They're joking, Roba.

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Nipper - 2012-01-30 17:24

No, you NEED to be mean to me, haven't you heard?

It's like so super cool to be mean.

Yes, I'm a douchebag. (I would go further and say I'm a full on C, but if douchebag is your thing then no fussing)

Anyway, I wasn't sober (I am when?) so yeah.

People either hate me or love me, I don't care for any reaction in between.
Just remember, the more you hate on me, the better I feel.

That or something.

Even though I am a self confessed C, I still give credit where it's due, and Tommer, that must have taken some time to write up, and the pics are good too. Well done. (No sarcasm detected within the previous sentence)

If you was just joking, meh, don't mess with my feelings man.

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Roba - 2012-01-30 17:26

Nipper is a bigger troll than McGherkin

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Nipper - 2012-01-30 17:29

(2012-01-26 06:29)Knight Wrote:  Wow, what a comment nipper. Stop in for 30 seconds of your life and you have nothing nice to say.

Looks like your life goal is to be miserable and try and make others.

Great Tutorial!!!

Haha, missed your post first read through.

My life goal is to be alive til I die, so far I'm winning.

I stopped in for 30 seconds and caused quite a few to notice my passing, legend status attained.

Nah, I'm just an ass-hat with a keyboard. Smile
As are you all!
(2012-01-30 17:26)Roba Wrote:  Nipper is a bigger troll than Dat guy datz in ur forumz, spammin' all ur threadz

Haha!

No idea who you are but you hit the nail on the head.
Noone else has ever called me out on being a troll before.
Or if they did I was too busy being blinded by my own awesomesauce to notice.

Anyway, PM's sorted, cya soon TCer's. Smile

RE: Some Box'ing Tips for Cops - Roba - 2012-01-30 18:13

(2012-01-30 17:29)Nipper Wrote:  Nah, I'm just an ass-hat with a keyboard. Smile

Ass-hat or asian-hat?