[TC] Gaming Forums
The Villa in Jamaica - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: The Villa in Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=17500)

Pages: 1 2

The Villa in Jamaica - kon4a - 2015-05-19 15:16

As many observed today, the Villa needed a roadblock closure involving at least 4 COPs to keep the drifters from causing mayhem there all the time. As it takes a lot of the COP forces, I'd suggest making the Villa section hard to drift by creating entrance barriers or something like that, basically seperating the Villa road from the main road, as people drifting in a loop cause danger to other drivers.

[Image: HGe2609.jpg]

The part can still be drifted and accessed, if someone needs to, but does not create dangerous situations for people going on the main road.

To the guys voting "No", please specify why. I understand that all the drifters are now actively voting "No", but can someone then actually say why no, apart from drifting possibilities? You can still access the Villa anyway...

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Sebas - 2015-05-19 15:37

I don't understand why we need to block this specific portion of the map to prevent drifting there. AFAIK i've had less issues with people drifting there than anywhere else on the map itself. Its a simple question of logic and common sense.

If we were to block every thing to prevent drifting it would remove the flow of every track. Will we add barriers to Kyoto's back track? Certainly not. Why there then?

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - TigR - 2015-05-19 15:46

Today i drifted there just to annoy people really.. You can drift there for 5 min then you are bored of it. I think today was a one time happening. It has never been a big problem before.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Dan - 2015-05-19 16:00

The problem with drifting here is, drifters (what with the majority of them ignoring our rules as it is) are completely arrogant when it comes to taking that junction and just decide to go drifting out in the main road as if they don't care one bit. That's the annoying thing about it. This is a cruise server, not a drift server. If you want to go and drift around in circles then go to a server designed for that.

As for the idea, I agree.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Toni - 2015-05-19 16:03

no thanks, the villa is a part of the road system, so i dont see any damn need to block it.

and, if you cant avoid the drifting cars, l2d.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Dan - 2015-05-19 16:04

(2015-05-19 16:03)Toni Wrote:  and, if you cant avoid the drifting cars, l2d.

Avoiding individuals who can't stop at a junction isn't the answer I'm afraid.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - kon4a - 2015-05-19 16:27

Drifting itself is not the problem, the problem is people not stopping at the junctions with the main road, just as Dan just said. People already don't seem to check the road before pulling out, and doing it while drifting makes it even worse. I understand that it would isolate a part of the track, but on the problem junctions RBs are added to avoid crashes because of people not looking, why are these two junctions different? As adding two roundabouts there would be retarded, I think that making the junction harder to pass at high speeds to avoid collisions.

(2015-05-19 15:37)Sebas Wrote:  I don't understand why we need to block this specific portion of the map to prevent drifting there. AFAIK i've had less issues with people drifting there than anywhere else on the map itself. Its a simple question of logic and common sense.

If we were to block every thing to prevent drifting it would remove the flow of every track. Will we add barriers to Kyoto's back track? Certainly not. Why there then?

I've got nothing against drifting, but my point is about the crashes that occur there BECAUSE of people drifting carelessly not checking for other cars on the main road.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Otava - 2015-05-19 16:29

Remember the new update, you can put on and off ramps to there

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Sebas - 2015-05-19 16:57

(2015-05-19 16:29)Otava Wrote:  Remember the new update, you can put on and off ramps to there

Why do we need to put ramps everywhere? What's the next step, a multi-level building built out of ramps to mimic a parking structure? #seetheirony

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - kon4a - 2015-05-19 17:06

(2015-05-19 16:57)Sebas Wrote:  
(2015-05-19 16:29)Otava Wrote:  Remember the new update, you can put on and off ramps to there

Why do we need to put ramps everywhere? What's the next step, a multi-level building built out of ramps to mimic a parking structure? #seetheirony

Well someone actually did suggest that parking stuff by the way Biggrin

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Sadie - 2015-05-19 17:26

Make barriers on the grass so in chases the suspect do not use the grass all the time.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - GT4tube - 2015-05-19 17:44

Vote 50% both! lol...

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Chuck - 2015-05-20 05:46

!report

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - KooKoo - 2015-05-20 09:11

No please. Let the cops fine them.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Ph4nToM - 2015-05-20 10:25

It's fine as it is. People just have to learn to watch for traffic if they want to drift.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - VirtualTourist - 2015-05-20 14:18

(2015-05-20 10:25)Ph4nToM Wrote:  It's fine as it is. People just have to learn to watch for traffic if they want to drive.

Fixed that for you.

All drivers need to be aware, not just "drifters".

Aside from that little bit of fun, I think all is well, people just jumped on the bandwagon of drifting there when they saw how much attention they were getting.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - KooKoo - 2015-05-20 15:04

Drifters already have The Swamps.

If they drift here they get fined. by the way, adding a barrier will not prevent it. They will just drift through it.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - OxLv - 2015-05-20 15:11

I don't understand why we need to block that place????
and DRIFTERs is a problem on TC server!!myb COP's should give them bigger fine for drifting?

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - Lukeā„¢ - 2015-05-20 19:35

I was copping there the other day, and it was ridiculous the amount of people I fined who just carried on drifting, not slowing for the junction and causing problems for everyone driving there. If you want to drift, I don't understand why you don't just go to a drifting sever. When 1/3 of drivers on a cruising server are messing about in 1 place causing annoyance, it gets boring for everyone very quickly.

RE: The Villa in Jamaica - kon4a - 2015-05-20 19:56

(2015-05-20 15:11)OxLv Wrote:  I don't understand why we need to block that place????
and DRIFTERs is a problem on TC server!!myb COP's should give them bigger fine for drifting?
That part attracts the most drifters, and when they drift, they cause chaos on the main road, as no one looks out for other cars. Higher fines for drifting in such manner could be good, but many will request refunds thinking that the fines are too high etc.