[TC] Gaming Forums
Project Cars - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community Area (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Other Games (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+--- Thread: Project Cars (/showthread.php?tid=17525)

Pages: 1 2

Project Cars - Dizzle - 2015-05-20 22:06

Has anyone bought this yet? I was excited after watching videos before release but ive held off. Steam is showing it for $49.99 now. I thought it was $59.99? The $10 discount this early makes me wonder if people arent liking it. Maybe I am psychotic.

RE: Project Cars - Bez - 2015-05-20 23:17

AI is terrible. Other than that its not a bad racing simulator. Online needs some sort of Rating system like iRacing have for the Online races to be taken more seriously. At the moment people drive like nuts.

RE: Project Cars - Luke - 2015-05-21 00:15

I wouldn't class the AI as terrible. They are better than most sims today Tongue But yes they need a lot of work from what I have seen recently. Can't really say much more because I last played it like 5 months ago on a build patch. It depends on what type of racing games you like really. Personally I think it's great for a multi-platformed sim racer, but it's not perfect.

RE: Project Cars - Dizzle - 2015-05-21 01:17

Thats enough information for me to keep waiting. I expect some day for a game to release and everything about it is great... which is only a dream. Sticking to LFS and Assetto for now.

RE: Project Cars - Chuck - 2015-05-21 05:52

It's the graphics that sells the game but it takes deeper qualities to make people actually play it. Unfortunately, too many developers focus on the first thing.
Assetto Corsa is a good example.

RE: Project Cars - Dizzle - 2015-05-21 09:18

Assetto only grabbed my attention because it held a $24 price tag with the expansion pack. Oh, and I wanted to try and get the McLaren P1 around Nurburgring (which I successfully did only hitting 80% of the walls around the whole track).

Then theres mods... I dont mind an 800hp Evo that you cant hold on the track either.

RE: Project Cars - Luke - 2015-05-21 12:07

Races like this sells it for me..

Tire pressure and temperature displayed on dash in GT cars, league style races with proper rolling starts.

Just gives you a real feel which you can lack in games like LFS.

RE: Project Cars - Petsu - 2015-05-21 12:17

(2015-05-21 05:52)Chuck Wrote:  It's the graphics that sells the game but it takes deeper qualities to make people actually play it. Unfortunately, too many developers focus on the first thing.
Assetto Corsa is a good example.

Well AC is best hotlapping simulator there is currently when thinking of simulator side of it Smile Having good graphics doesn't automatically take it away from other parts as graphic guys won't fix netcode after their work is done anyways.

And about PC, this is good to read: http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

RE: Project Cars - GT4tube - 2015-05-21 12:54

bad game...

RE: Project Cars - Dizzle - 2015-05-21 13:20

Do you have it? I wonder if someone would let me borrow it on steam lol

Im just having a hard time finding something I really enjoy. All I care about is LFS. Its all Ive cared about since 2004, but the boredom does set in sometimes.

RE: Project Cars - Spark - 2015-06-22 17:05

Was cruising with my IRL mate. It was awesome. Smile

[Image: r7By5Rv.jpg]

RE: Project Cars - Connor - 2015-06-22 18:22

(2015-06-22 17:05)Spark Wrote:  Was cruising with my IRL mate. It was awesome. Smile

*snip*

California Highway? If it is, I love that track. Smile

RE: Project Cars - Roba - 2015-06-22 19:45

I got it on PS4, and must say it felt really great and fun at the career mode. I wish I had my wheel there though, it was quite hard with the controller, as the throttle, brake and turning are nearly on-off like, and I couldn't get the proper racing lines other than 40% of the time Laugh

It kind of feels stupid though after hundreds of hours spent on GT5 and GT6, as you don't buy any cars, and you basically get no rewards for races.. It's just race after race after race and then you may be able to move up in your class..

The AI is really enraging sometimes, especially if you start from last at 15 or more cars on track, and try to move up.. They don't give room sometimes, and sometimes they dodge you and even go offroad to avoid you, and then they might come at huge speed right on your ass on the next corner. They just can't drive properly, they don't think. On one Endurance race my friend played, I saw a LMP1 car get stuck behind a GT4 car on a straight Laugh

I'd say it would be worth the money for PC though, especially for the multiplayer races. I couldn't get my hands to multiplayer because PSN Plus is required -.-

RE: Project Cars - Spark - 2015-06-30 22:09

The new patch is out and that is what i call bug fixes... Smile

[Image: _6419989.jpg]

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Patch-1-4-Release-notes-OUT-NOW-on-PC-and-PS4&p=960164&viewfull=1#post960164

RE: Project Cars - KooKoo - 2015-07-01 00:47

Is Drive Club any better? Or the crew?

The only reason I'm willing to buy the crew is because you can cruise with your friends in it, unlike others.

I wish if theres a new Midnight Club.

RE: Project Cars - GT4tube - 2016-03-09 18:32

I'm bored play with RUF CTR 1987 my favourite car!

RE: Project Cars - Dizzle - 2016-03-10 00:56

Its not that bad of a game. Its just different. There are still some dumb bugs but its pretty fun to get on with some friends and cruise around with 500+ hp miatas and scions.

RE: Project Cars - Kieran - 2016-05-11 15:23

I have got it on ps4, and I quite like it! Might get online in the summer as well if I stop being a tight arse Wink

RE: Project Cars - Borja - 2016-10-28 23:21

Quote:Project CARS - Pagani Edition

Welcome to this special free edition of Project CARS, featuring a select group of Pagani vehicles and three locations to drive them at.

'Project CARS – Pagani Edition' Features the Pagani Huayra, Huayra BC, Zonda Cinque, Zonda R, and Zonda Revolucion, and three intricately modeled tracks — the Nürburgring and Nordschleife combo, Monza GP, and Azure Coast — along with two game modes, and full VR support on both Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, as well as support for 4K screens and traditional displays.

This free, PC-only game has been built around the market-leading Project CARS simulation, and is the result of a unique collaboration with legendary Italian car-maker Pagani Automobili.

Designed to showcase both the very best examples of Pagani’s eponymous supercars along with the world-class technology that underpins the best-selling Project CARS simulation, 'Project CARS – Pagani Edition' is an invitation to encounter the digital integration of high-octane hypercars with cutting-edge racing-game technology.

Vehicles
Huayra
Huayra BC
Zonda Cinque
Zonda R
Zonda Revolucion

Tracks
Nurburgring+Nords combo
Monza GP
Azure Coast

Game modes
Quick Race Weekend