[TC] Gaming Forums
Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Using !chase when !follow+ is active (/showthread.php?tid=17538)

Pages: 1 2

Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Thomas - 2015-05-21 17:16

Currently when using the !follow+ command, it is impossible to chase a suspect, unless you get behind the suspect, which can be tricky, if the suspect is not cooperating(staying behind you).

This is merely a suggestion to make it possible to use the !chase command for vehicles behind you i.e. when the speed is below 30 km/h and the !follow+ command is active.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Olli - 2015-05-21 17:32

This might end up being quite useful.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Frozen - 2015-05-21 17:38

I agree, +1

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Dizzle - 2015-05-21 18:08

It is frustrating using !follow.. Once the suspect follows you and you both pull over, you then have to backup or turn around to get behind them.. This can cause accidents in tight spots and its just annoying.

+1

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Luke - 2015-05-21 18:35

This is a great idea. !follow is very under estimated, especially when it comes to pulling people over on the autobahn, the command becomes incredibly useful, but not everyone's going to cooporate and it's not exactly easy to !chase them from that position.

I'm glad this was brought up, hopefully this can be looked at in future.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Bez - 2015-05-21 19:13

Very nice idea. +1

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Spark - 2015-05-21 19:21

Had a few people trying to avoid me chasing them. +1

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - KooKoo - 2015-05-22 03:42

I don't know what your saying but it sounds useful. Tongue

+1

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Chuck - 2015-05-22 06:07

The follow thing never worked very well. Why don't you do a !stop while being behind instead?

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Thomas - 2015-05-22 07:12

(2015-05-22 06:07)Chuck Wrote:  The follow thing never worked very well. Why don't you do a !stop while being behind instead?
Getting behind the suspect is often difficult if they insist on tailgating you, and even parking right up your arse when pulling over. This is where a chase command that functions in a rear facing manor would be required.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Frozen - 2015-05-22 07:47

(2015-05-22 06:07)Chuck Wrote:  The follow thing never worked very well. Why don't you do a !stop while being behind instead?

Well, it's simple. People stay very close on your rear, if you slow down so that they "pass" and you can chase them, they just go to pits to avoid the chase

IRL police stay infront of you and give you a PULL OVER > POLICE sign to ensure you do not run away and that you see them.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - BP - 2015-05-22 07:52

Frozen Wrote:IRL police stay infront of you and give you a PULL OVER > POLICE sign to ensure you do not run away and that you see them.

wut? Police typically park behind.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Frozen - 2015-05-22 07:54

If you're for example on the autobahn, (sometimes) police drive in front of you and ask you to pull over or follow them, but this isnt possible at the moment with the insim, if you ask them to follow you so or wait for them to overtake, they pit to avoid the chase.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Ph4nToM - 2015-05-22 08:02

(2015-05-22 07:52)BP Wrote:  
Frozen Wrote:IRL police stay infront of you and give you a PULL OVER > POLICE sign to ensure you do not run away and that you see them.

wut? Police typically park behind.

Not always, i've been pulled over where the cop parked in front of me IRL.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - BP - 2015-05-22 08:04

That's why I say typically (as in, not always Tongue).

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Chuck - 2015-05-22 08:25

They do BOTH depending on the country. Here in Germany they are very flexible.

-Option 1: Driving behind, lighting up some stopping sign in mirror writing, combined with a special siren tone.

-Option 2: Driving ahead, lighting up some stopping sign in normal writing, ordering to follow (similar to the !follow command)

-Option 3: Showing some paddle to the driver while overtaking or driving ahead

Either way, its unclear in what order the cars will finally stop.

[Image: ZRdsuDu.png]

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Frozen - 2015-05-22 08:28

Yes, and as said in this thread, only the option 1 can be achieved with the InSim, since Option 2 does not allow you to "track" the car behind ( they can pit before you initiate the chase if you slow down for them to overtake )

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - VirtualTourist - 2015-05-22 09:03

(2015-05-22 08:25)Chuck Wrote:  They do BOTH depending on the country. Here in Germany they are very flexible.

-Option 1: Driving behind, lighting up some stopping sign in mirror writing, combined with a special siren tone.

-Option 2: Driving ahead, lighting up some stopping sign in normal writing, ordering to follow (similar to the !follow command)

-Option 3: Showing some paddle to the driver while overtaking or driving ahead

Either way, its unclear in what order the cars will finally stop.

Love it. If all the tech fails, grab the paddle!

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - bowler - 2015-05-22 09:45

This would be a great idea hope it comes into play as it is annoying when u want to stop them and they pit. P.s it should have its own dst though so you only get the car behind.failing that put in name list a c for cops so we can click that if behind.

RE: Using !chase when !follow+ is active - Borja - 2015-05-22 12:25

if you have !follow active, but behind you have two(or more) cars,wich one will !chase?

Its a great idea..but i think it need too much work