[TC] Gaming Forums
New COP system - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: New COP system (/showthread.php?tid=17590)

New COP system - Connor - 2015-05-24 23:25

I've been talking about this with a lot of COPs I've been in chases with/online with and the majority of them have come out with the same conclusion: This current COP system does not work on these tracks.

Fair enough, it was implemented for the new Westhill update, but can't you revert back to the old COP system for the other tracks? I believe this is done on road names, so I'm told, and I think the distance to suspect was a lot better and fairer for the COPs in chase. You can still keep this active on Westhill, of course.

For example, if you find yourself on the Offroad Ring West and the suspect is going on Offroad Ring East and you see you can make up some time by avoiding the dirt and taking the road, you will almost certainly lose the suspect if he turns right onto Northpark. Before, the InSim classed you as just about close enough to stay in contact with the suspect; I think it should stay like this for these now smaller tracks.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree with this, considering the feedback I got from many COPs online when I mentioned this to them. I do hope the old system gets put back in place, just to simply make it fairer for all COPs.

Cheers.

P.S See this thread for more on this. You can see another similar opinion in the latest reply.

RE: New COP system - Barney - 2015-05-24 23:33

i actually dont think going back to the old system would be good. the new one has some advantages i guess. not even sure if we could use the new bridges then? but i agree the current isnt really the best solution(as just posted today http://forum.city-driving.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=16957&pid=172859#pid172859) and something needs to be changed

RE: New COP system - Dizzle - 2015-05-25 21:53

Im a complainer of this too.

There was an update today so lets see how it works. Smile