[TC] Gaming Forums
[Code 1] VPN Ban - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: [TC] CityDriving (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Server Administration Tasks (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [Code 1] VPN Ban (/showthread.php?tid=18065)

VPN Ban - Tommer - 2015-06-19 13:26

Hi guys.

Did it again, logged in while on VPN and the server threw a hiss-fit and gave me a ban. Any chance for a fix?

- Tommer

RE: VPN Ban - Warped - 2015-06-19 13:52

You may now join again.

VPN Banned again - Tommer - 2021-04-23 20:42

● Your LFS Username:
tommer
● Time & Date of Incident:
now
● Replay / Screenshot Link:
n/a
● Replay Timestamps:
n/a
● Reasons as to why you feel you deserve an unban:
Pretty sure I just got banned b/c my VPN isn't set to wherever I last 'logged in' from

PS Would be nice in todays age to not have Country ban might have made sense many years ago but now everyone has to use VPN's to get around all the regulatory nonsense on internet today makes little sense.
You know it's the one time I've tried to log in in a very long time and immediately I'm finding myself banned for a mundane reason and I'm sure I'll find myself banned in a few weeks again when I inadvertently set my VPN somewhere else and forget :/

RE: VPN Ban - Carl - 2021-04-23 20:46

Thread merged.

Hi,

We have a system to help with that, it's called 'holiday mode' which also can be used for those who frequently use a VPN, you just haven't used it.

Can you just confirm both countries then I will unlock the account again? i.e the country you are in and the VPN country in your case.

RE: VPN Ban - Tommer - 2021-04-23 20:49

Sure, I'm connected to Netherlands right now.

I haven't logged in in a long time, probably United Kingdom last time if I had to guess

VPN Ban (Country Unlocked and Unbanned by Carl) - Carl - 2021-04-23 20:51

Your account has been unlocked and will be unbanned shortly.

Please respond to this thread in future cases of Code 1 bans or country changes rather than posting a new thread. This will help administrators swiftly deal with any further cases.

If you find yourself frequently travelling between two locations or are going on holiday, you can now enable Holiday Mode right from [TC] World. Holiday Mode will enable you to connect to our [TC] Gaming servers from another nominated country without getting a 'Code 1' ban.

Login to [TC] World > My Account to enable this feature!

NOTE: To login to [TC] World, you will need to use your LFS username and the password you set in-game, using the !password command.

RE: VPN Ban - Tommer - 2021-04-23 20:52

Thank you