[TC] Gaming Forums
Clarification of Arabic rules - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Clarification of Arabic rules (/showthread.php?tid=18199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 18:40

Hello,

Recently [TC] has came across many and many Arabic players who have no knowledge of the rules what so ever, the fact that you have the Arabic version is even worse, it is barely understandable as the word translates into something else.

Just today we came across an Arabic cop who has no knowledge of the rules, or the English language itself. Luke asked help from me to translate that he needs to take basic training and his cop rights will be revoked. The cop himself was speeding, driving the wrong way, using excessive and unnecessary force.

Luke told me to suggest that we make the Arabic rules, of course I know that this server is English and that many users who play here are from international countries like Germany, America, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Japan, UK, Finland and many others, but most of the players or all of the players know English and manage to survive well in the servers by knowing the rules, but Arabs on the other hand do not, and they are acquiring cop licenses, breaking rules constantly and returning with new accounts.

I don't see this "putting Arabic rules" a negative thing, it won't hurt anyone but it will help everyone and it will make the driving environment much more safer. If you don't know what's going on then I am 100% sure you haven't seen those drifters who swerve all around the road and end up crashing you or those cops who just do anything they want.

Instead of constantly banning them, knowing they will return with other accounts, why not make the rules understandable for them instead of wasting your entire day looking into the same type of reports? I am not standing with them, I am just someone who wants to make the driving environment safer for everyone else.

Luke told me to suggest this, I don't know if you were expecting this Luke but I just tried to put in as much information as possible.

Thanks,
KooKoo

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - BP - 2015-06-25 18:48

KooKoo Wrote:Recently [TC] has came across many and many Arabic players who have no knowledge of the rules what so ever, the fact that you have the Arabic version is even worse, it is barely understandable as the word translates into something else.

It is simply a Google Translated document. Sentences in Google Translate tend not to be very accurate, but it's better than nothing (nothing = an Arab being unable to speak any English at all).

You wrote a lot of text yet I'm not completely sure what you're suggesting exactly. Are you suggesting the rules should be manually translated into Arabic?

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 18:50

I think so, but I will wait for Luke's response so he can give you more detail.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - BP - 2015-06-25 18:51

You're not even sure what you're suggesting? Tongue

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 18:53

BP you are confusing me Tongue

Edit: yes make arabic rules just as I mentioned.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Ph4nToM - 2015-06-25 19:07

If you would be willing to translate them properly i am sure it would help, if they are willing to read them that is.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - BP - 2015-06-25 19:11

One problem is rule changes (additions, amendments, removals, etc.). The Arabic rules would have to get changed every time. What if no one is available to do that?

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Otava - 2015-06-25 19:27

(2015-06-25 19:11)BP Wrote:  One problem is rule changes (additions, amendments, removals, etc.). The Arabic rules would have to get changed every time. What if no one is available to do that?

Translate the section what is updated to arabic with Google Translator and wait until SSomeone can put them to arabic

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 19:32

Yes I am willing to help why not Smile

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Dan - 2015-06-25 19:44

+1, really needed.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 20:04

(2015-06-25 19:44)Dan Wrote:  +1, really needed.

Haha! I feel you Dan. I was waiting for your comment. Tongue

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Adorable - 2015-06-25 20:06

I can help translating Smile

Good idea KooKoo!

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Frozen - 2015-06-25 20:37

What if they just earn english like the rest?

Just a suggestion

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 20:41

Frozen c'mon, say something that makes sense. This thread says server & insim suggestion (TC, LFS) not Ministry of Education suggestion.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Frozen - 2015-06-25 20:44

Well

This thread belongs to a community which has English as main language.

Im dutch and spanish and never seen the rules written in those languages although there are players from spain and netherlands?

So what is the difference? The fact they are lazy and do not care about english is in my opinion more than enough to not continue with this proposal. Do we also need to make an !arab command so they can understand the InSim messages? How far are we going is the question.

They come, they adapt.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Tingle - 2015-06-25 20:46

+1 from me.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 20:48

Ok,

Lets go back up and read what I've said in my thread, here we go frozen get ready;

"of course I know that this server is English and that many users who play here are from international countries like Germany, America, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Japan, UK, Finland and many others, but most of the players or all of the players know English and manage to survive well in the servers by knowing the rules, but Arabs on the other hand do not, and they are acquiring cop licenses, breaking rules constantly and returning with new accounts."

"I don't see this "putting Arabic rules" a negative thing, it won't hurt anyone but it will help everyone and it will make the driving environment much more safer. If you don't know what's going on then I am 100% sure you haven't seen those drifters who swerve all around the road and end up crashing you or those cops who just do anything they want."

I hope you still understand. Why are you against this idea? Is it going to harm you? I constantly see you whine about "Arabs following your chase" and when I finally suggest something to put an end to this, you disagree? This will just make everything safer in chases and driving.

Convince me why this idea is useless. Please.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Petsu - 2015-06-25 20:49

(2015-06-25 20:44)Frozen Wrote:  They come, they adapt.

Everyone in the world should understand this.

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - Sadie - 2015-06-25 20:49

Frozen please.

He is willing to help translating the rules to English. That will not effect you in any way (maybe some arabs follows the rules better) and they don't ask you to do anything. Some countries don't have alot of citizen's that can english. Spain and Netherlands do have alot of english speakers, and we don't got problems with them do we?

RE: Clarification of Arabic rules - KooKoo - 2015-06-25 20:52

What Sadie said.

Frozen, I can explain to you in a million ways why many Arabs don't speak English, but this has nothing to do with it at the moment as it involves politics and religion. I am just suggesting to stop something that has been here for many years and people are getting annoyed from it.