[TC] Gaming Forums
Robbers Life - Printable Version

+- [TC] Gaming Forums (https://forum.city-driving.co.uk)
+-- Forum: General Information (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Server & InSim Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Thread: Robbers Life (/showthread.php?tid=18851)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Robbers Life - KaraK - 2015-07-31 13:44

(2015-07-31 12:53)Mr.AD Wrote:  
Connor Wrote:You had plenty of room to brake and to move around him so what's the problem? Your sight or field of view must be at an extreme disadvantage if you couldn't see that roadblock in time.

It isn't as easy as you're watching, it takes time to react, and in that short while where the car is travelling at the speed of 200Km/H It is impossible to avoid him.

If the roadblock was placed in a straight road, I would have been able to see him and not to cause that disaster there.

While I agree with you about that, I still think the same as Connor:

(2015-07-31 11:54)Connor Wrote:  This sounds like a rant because of a lost chase more than anything else. That roadblock looks perfectly fine to me

Also, going from the picture you posted in your OP, you saw him just in time to make at least some movement to the side to avoid hitting him. Albeit not much.

RE: Robbers Life - Dino - 2015-07-31 13:49

Usually head on crashes don't have a significant impact on your driving afterwards.
In this case though, it does. You can clearly hear some weird noise cause something on his car is hitting the ground all the time.

Anyway, conclusion? Perfect roadblock.

Your reaction was very poor, on the one hand you were slowing down pretty late (still accelerating despite the roadblock was visible already), on the other hand you firstly steer to the RIGHT and then to the LEFT to head on hit him.

What is this thread btw? You (most likely) got busted soon after the roadblock, now you're mad and created this thread because it's "too easy" for cops.
What's next? You're copping, can't catch someone and you're making a thread where you ask for more than 4 cops in one chase for example?

RE: Robbers Life - Connor - 2015-07-31 13:56

(2015-07-31 12:53)Mr.AD Wrote:  So you're saying the purpose of a roadblock is to destroy the suspect car and getting the COP Car destroyed as well when a collision happen ?

How on earth do you interpret my statement like that? You were the one who caused yourself to have that much damage, not Follower. Roadblocks are set up to slow the suspect because the suspect has to slow down for a roadblock not ram right through it.

If this was the case in every roadblock, in every case it would be the suspect's fault for not slowing down and ruining their car in the process, not the COP's at all.

RE: Robbers Life - Carl - 2015-07-31 14:07

Approaching a roadblock, head on at 160kph/100mph is probably breaching this rule idk though.

Quote:3.10. Force
You are permitted to use minor force/physical contact to evade arrest, but no more than the force cops are permitted to use on you. See 5.4.

A small shunt is all that is needed to move a car in LFS. This has just turned out to be another one of your pathetic attempts to blame others for your mistakes.

RE: Robbers Life - Adorable - 2015-07-31 16:19

(2015-07-31 14:07)Nismo Wrote:  Approaching a roadblock, head on at 160kph/100mph is probably breaching this rule idk though.

Quote:3.10. Force
You are permitted to use minor force/physical contact to evade arrest, but no more than the force cops are permitted to use on you. See 5.4.

A small shunt is all that is needed to move a car in LFS. This has just turned out to be another one of your pathetic attempts to blame others for your mistakes.

No sir. Follower hides his car to make it impossible to avoid him, cause the accident and attempt to destroy the suspension, As you've just seen by yourself.

RE: Robbers Life - Thomas - 2015-07-31 16:35

(2015-07-31 16:19)Mr.AD Wrote:  No sir. Follower hides his car to make it impossible to avoid him, cause the accident and attempt to destroy the suspension, As you've just seen by yourself.

To be honest, it looks to me like you had plenty of time and space to avoid him..

RE: Robbers Life - Deaky - 2015-07-31 16:54

What if the roadblock ruins your car? Makes cops easier to bust you, if they can do roadblocks why not. They are there to damage/slow your car. This roadblock did both. Legal roadblock, nothing wrong with it

+1 on Dino's post

RE: Robbers Life - Carl - 2015-07-31 17:18

If you look at Thomas' video you can see you was about to avoid him, but then hesitated. Plenty of room to move.

RE: Robbers Life - Owl - 2015-07-31 17:18

(2015-07-31 13:44)Ph4nToM Wrote:  Did you even try to avoid him? Pretty sure there was some space.

There was enough space there to do this:

1. Slow down a tad
2. Clutch fully depressed
3. Full lock left and handbrake
4. Change down a few gears
5. Counteract the anti-clockwise spinning by turning right
6. Carry on going

GIF Showing

RE: Robbers Life - Owl - 2015-07-31 21:46

And yes Mr.AD before you ask, that was done on mouse B)

RE: Robbers Life - B!ll - 2015-08-03 20:20

I agree with guys who told you that you are wrong. There was enough space to avoid accident but you and your driving style is just on different wave of thinking.

I know it's useless writing in this thread because all was told here. I still think you need something constructive. Hope this replay can give you something.
(2015-07-31 17:18)Skoda Wrote:  1. Slow down a tad
2. Clutch fully depressed

RE: Robbers Life - Owl - 2015-08-03 21:03

Did I say something wrong bill?

RE: Robbers Life - Carl - 2015-08-03 21:04

No he is just highlighting something useful you mentioned it seems Smile

RE: Robbers Life - Owl - 2015-08-03 21:10

Ahh OK Tongue

RE: Robbers Life - B!ll - 2015-08-03 23:31

No skoda all is ok. I quoted you because you have truth in basic critical actions.

There is more ways how continue on after slowing down as much as possible with declutching. Everything depends on the circumstances and reaction of the driver.

RE: Robbers Life - Dizzle - 2015-08-04 02:08

I can see where panic would have come to play.. You cant go left at that speed, and if you go right you are going to slam barriers or sail into the sand at mach 5.

Unfortunately, a bad decision was made to hit the cop instead of slamming the hay on the right and then being shot into the barriers.

Things happens although this thread does seem made out of frustration because of a lost chase, and has created an open season for arguing.